We should've sold the ranch for Kubiak

Sandy5prings

Watching a team with Julio, Ridley, Hooper and Freeman struggle made me wonder, what exactly is our offensive scheme? 

I know the Vikings are probably going to disappoint, but their offensive transformation is undeniable. It's no coincidence that Kubiak actually has a scheme (Shanahan ZBS) and has brought in players that fit that scheme. We had an offensive philosophy with Shanahan and continued it with Sark. 

What exactly is Koetter's offensive philosophy? "I've got chemistry with Matt Ryan and will let him audible" is not a scheme. 

Is it any surprise that when push comes to shove, we end up with busted *** plays to the likes of Luke Stocker? When your offense features Luke Stocker, you're basically saying "I just work here man"

We need a reboot with a creative offensive mind. Koetter needs to be cut and can take Quinn with him. 

Nah, our team's main problem is just that the defense can't get off the field.

We had only one drive in the first quarter.   When you can't get the ball back ever, it's way too much pressure on the offense.  Leads to forcing balls and throwing picks.  And aside for the interception today, the offense played great.  The defense forced only one punt all game, no turnovers.

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

Nah, our team's main problem is just that the defense can't get off the field.

We had only one drive in the first quarter.   When you can't get the ball back ever, it's way too much pressure on the offense.  Leads to forcing balls and throwing picks.  And aside for the interception today, the offense played great.  The defense forced only one punt all game, no turnovers.

If Kubiak can stop those short throws to TE and RB in soft cheese zones. 

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Can't really complain about this though.

Kubiak had originally made his decision that he was staying with Elway and the Broncos.

By the time he had changed him mind to part ways with the Broncos and went to the Vikings, The Falcons an Quinn had already hired Koetter as OC.

Broncos denied permission to speak to him when Falcons requested.

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Can't really complain about this though.

Kubiak had originally made his decision that he was staying with Elway and the Broncos. By the time he he changed him mind to part ways with the Broncos and went to the Vikings, The Falcons an Quinn had already hired Koetter as OC.

That’s why you sell the farm...make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Seriously though unless we were giving him a head coaching gig he wasn’t coming here.  And he got out of head coaching for health reasons if I remember correctly.

It would be nice to see receivers running freely through the secondary again.  This Koetter offense is everything I remembered hating.  It moves ploddingly, but it moves.  I still don’t know why so many people here wanted him back.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

That’s why you sell the farm...make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Seriously though unless we were giving him a head coaching gig he wasn’t coming here.  And he got out of head coaching for health reasons if I remember correctly.

It would be nice to see receivers running freely through the secondary again.  This Koetter offense is everything I remembered hating.  It moves ploddingly, but it moves.  I still don’t know why so many people here wanted him back.

Kubiak had already taken the Broncos OC position, so he needed Elway's permission to even talk to the Falcons about a lateral move.

By the time Kubiak became available the Falcons were committed to Koetter. Ryan also likes Koetter I guess.

I feel like I'm in bizzaro world. Why do people think Koetter has been a problem? 

How many easy TDs has Matt missed this season (I've counted at least 6)? How many terrible INTs has he thrown in scoring position?

Koetter is calling plays that are getting WRs open. 

The biggest problem so far this season is Matt's terrible decision making, missed throws and the defenses ability to get off the field.

Koetter is the least of our worries. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

12 minutes ago, falconut1991 said:

The biggest problem was the defense today, so unless he was going to get them playing better on defense, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Plus, like the others have said, we were denied talking to him, then hired an OC, then he became available.  So, he just wasn't in the cards for us.

The biggest problem was the lack of discipline.  Without all the stupid penalties we would have won the game.

35 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I feel like I'm in bizzaro world. Why do people think Koetter has been a problem? 

How many easy TDs has Matt missed this season (I've counted at least 6)? How many terrible INTs has he thrown in scoring position?

Koetter is calling plays that are getting WRs open. 

The biggest problem so far this season is Matt's terrible decision making, missed throws and the defenses ability to get off the field.

Koetter is the least of our worries. 

I don’t know if that’s the biggest problem.

The defense has been a bit of an issue.

The Colts only having to punt ONE time kind of says it all to me.