The Positive Takeaway: Relax Part 2

stingbee

Yes, we lost, and that is disappointing, The penalties on the defense were very costly. The Matt Ryan turnover only cost us 3 points. Losing Neal and Grady was also not a good thing.

But, let’s take a deep breath. Remember, the run they made towards the Super Bowl? They started and lost some games that frustrated the fans. We are still in week #3, and the season just started. We all felt that the schedule out of the gate was tough, and some of you even pointed a 1-2 start. 

Well, we are 1-2 and that is the narrative. The Falcons are 1-2 and tied with the Bucs and Panthers and only 1 game behind Saints. 

First, let’s look at the schedule. We have Titans, and then on the road to Houston and Arizona. Then, we finish this stretch with two home games against the Rams and Seahawks. The Falcons could finish 4-1 in this stretch. I believe the offense is coming together and OL will get even much better. The OL need to negate holdings and we should be okey. Freeman and the running game finally got going and this is huge going forward. This should be a confidence builder for Freeman who has missed a lot of games. This should balance the offense. Ito might be out next week, and we will probably activate Q or Hill or both. Freeman’s confidence and running will help the passing game and play action schemes. 

In the 2nd half, the offense played almost a flawless game with the OL called for some holdings. Matty Ice was precise and he was in-sync with Julio and Sanu. Hooper is going to have a breakout season and he is going to end with a 700-800 yard season. This game reminded me of how we came back in the 2nd half in 2016 and almost beat the Seahawks on the road. We lost that game by a small margin. 

On the defensive side, I see more disruption from our front 4 and VIC is playing good. He is making more plays. Oliver is really gaining traction and making some of you look foolish for calling him a bust and a weakness. We stopped the Colts rushing offense which was a positive take. Finally, our 2nd half of our season is fully loaded with division games. We could easily go 5-1 or 4-2 in those games.

The biggest caveat will be that Matty Ice and the offense will be more in-sync with DK play calling. We have the Jags and 49ers on the road. The Niners are a decent team, but they haven’t really beaten anyone good. They still have to play 4 games against the Rams, Seahawks, and the Saints. 

To suffice, guys relax!!! It is too early to throw the flag and calling for the firing squad. We have to stay positive and understanding the big picture. The next few weeks will tell us whether the Falcons will play for the division, wildcard, or miss the playoffs. I will change my outlook after the bye week. 

Edited by stingbee

This is a poorly coached, undisciplined team and unprepared especially after a win. I wonder what DQ tells the team after a win, they come out flat next week. I would use lot less of rah rah and quotes and lot more of preparation and execution from coaches to players. The offense is close to putting a complete game. The defense is the worry.

7 minutes ago, Weir1419 said:

Dude you’re delusional 

Why being so negative? Or you negative in life as well when things go wrong? Do you give-up when things don’t go the way you expected? Or, do you say I got this... 

There is a lot of parity in the NFL and the NFC is not as predictable like the AFC. 

I will be more constructive with criticism if we end-up with a losing record after the bye week. 

I’m not sweating at this moment because I don’t go into an hyperbole mode like many fans here. 

Edited by stingbee

Just now, MAD597 said:

To vent my frustrations at this crappy franchise for decades of disappointment until I feel better.

It's the least this sad team can do for me.

If you gave up on a team 3 years ago yet you are still here everyday complaining, you have way bigger issues than what a football team is doing.

I honestly think that many on this board would be happier to see the Falcons finish 1-15 than 14-2.

I doubt they would do either extreme but also remember Ryan from prior years and do not think it is time to dump him yet.  I think that Koetter and him are still getting on the same wave, although I think this could have been done better in preseason.

I also remember just last week when the defense was performing at its best.  They may be without Neal now, but what is to say some bright new young guy might be hiding on our roster.  Who expected Kazee to step up last year?

Finally, I am not favorable for Quinn but simply firing him in midseason will probably make a SuperBowl this year completely no chance now rather than some chance if he is able to correct things.

Of course, if you are happy with the Falcons losing and not getting to a SuperBowl, this is probably a great start to your season?

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

I honestly think that many on this board would be happier to see the Falcons finish 1-15 than 14-2.

I doubt they would do either extreme but also remember Ryan from prior years and do not think it is time to dump him yet.  I think that Koetter and him are still getting on the same wave, although I think this could have been done better in preseason.

I also remember just last week when the defense was performing at its best.  They may be without Neal now, but what is to say some bright new young guy might be hiding on our roster.  Who expected Kazee to step up last year?

Finally, I am not favorable for Quinn but simply firing him in midseason will probably make a SuperBowl this year completely no chance now rather than some chance if he is able to correct things.

Of course, if you are happy with the Falcons losing and not getting to a SuperBowl, this is probably a great start to your season?

Only aints fans on this board wants to see 1-15. I will take 14-2 cany day, heck anything with a chance to play in jan.

2 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If you gave up on a team 3 years ago yet you are still here everyday complaining, you have way bigger issues than what a football team is doing.

This team sucks and deserves to be bashed non stop. I'll keep doing that until I don't feel like it anymore.

Never mind the decades of pure futility I've endured as a fan since the 1970s the SB itself has enough ammo to cause venting for years to come.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Only aints fans on this board wants to see 1-15. I will take 14-2 cany day, heck anything with a chance to play in jan.

Any of us would love to see 14-2 and a dominate SB win. Would put a lot of bad feelings to rest.

Not going to happen anytime soon with this current team that's for sure.

I'd sure like to find out how I'd react to a dominate team that won it all without folding like a lawn chair.