This offense is over hyped tbh

caponine

For the last 4 years they have had talents galore but cant do sht with it. I mean look at this all star lineup. Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Sanu, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley and more whether they have come or gone , this offense continues to fail. Even with that magical 2016 offense , they still blew it when it mattered. At a point we just have to accept that this offense isnt worth the hype that it gets. 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

For the last 4 years they have had talents galore but cant do sht with it. I mean look at this all star lineup. Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Sanu, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley and more whether they have come or gone , this offense continues to fail. Even with that magical 2016 offense , they still blew it when it mattered. At a point we just have to accept that this offense isnt worth the hype that it gets. 

It's worth the hype, but you can put E85 in a Mercedes Benz. All of those guys are good, but you have to have a solid OL to make your offense dominant. Quinn running this team is like Crazy Eyes driving the Corvette at the end of Mr. Deeds.

Just now, dothan_birdman said:

so far, this offense has been as creative and predictable, and error prone, as my grandson's high school team.....the talent is there but there's a lot missing. I expect better preparation and more consistent execution from grown men calling themselves professionals.

You can have all the talent you want but if it doesnt amount to success than it dont mean crap. 

Offense put up 24 points despite shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly.  With all due respect we’ve moved the ball down the field pretty solidly this year.  It’s painstaking, but we’ve done it.

I don’t even like Koetter, but the offense is working.  Being undisciplined is what is holding this team back.  

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's worth the hype, but you can put E85 in a Mercedes Benz. All of those guys are good, but you have to have a solid OL to make your offense dominant. Quinn running this team is like Crazy Eyes driving the Corvette at the end of Mr. Deeds.

Which is why I say this offense hasnt lived up to the hype. Quinn and OC can never bring the most out of everyone not named Julio. The execution and discipline is lacking 

8 minutes ago, caponine said:

So true!  Offense is great between the 20s, but terrible at punching it in.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Offense put up 24 points despite shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly.  With all due respect we’ve moved the ball down the field pretty solidly this year.  It’s painstaking, but we’ve done it.

I don’t even like Koetter, but the offense is working.  Being undisciplined is what is holding this team back.  

Also just my thoughts,  I think we may have too many weapons that we dont know what to do with them. We can never find the right. Balance between run and pass 

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Outside of that redzone pick, I blame the defense and Quinn's mostly passive playcalling that lost this game.

Idk man maybe I'm just crazy but this team is stacked and very talented, to start this season the way we have after what the team and quinn steadily reiterated over the offseason is very concerning. Defense cant stop the run and really offense was suppose to lead this team. Freeman was coming back and everyone was healthy. Through the first 3 weeks , penalties , Turnovers and poor execution 

4 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The offense was actually as good as advertised during the 2nd half.

That's with all the penalties. They were also almost unstoppable on 3rd downs during the 2nd half.

I felt before the game that the Falcons should've come out firing with up tempo down field passing and get a two score lead before going to the slow play offense. They did just the opposite. If they had played the first half as they played the second, the pressure on the Colts offense would've caused them to break in the second half. Bad game planning for your strength which is clearly the passing game.

In the 2 losses this season,  the Offense has scored 3 points and the Falcons have been outscored 41-3 in first halves.

So far, the blueprint has been simple - Falcons get dominated and fall behind too far to catch up. Ryan has been particularly crappy in the first halves, when he's thrown 3 INTs and 0 TDs. 

Edited by Kaptain Krazy
Typo

Pretty sure Matt threw a TD in the first half last week. But I agree that the offense has been awful at the start of these games. They're very slow out of the gates which is terrible to watch. Too predictable and sloppy.

However, if the defense could make a stop when it counts, we most likely would've won this game.

11 hours ago, glycerine said:

Pretty sure Matt threw a TD in the first half last week. But I agree that the offense has been awful at the start of these games. They're very slow out of the gates which is terrible to watch. Too predictable and sloppy.

However, if the defense could make a stop when it counts, we most likely would've won this game.

no doubt its the whole team but all week we were hearing about indianapolis poor run defense and we didnt even try to run it more smh. Then Matt Ryan throws a INT which completely changed the game. Only one that looks even half interested is Julio , everybody else is just going through the motions but this whole offense has made boneheaded mistakes and awful execution. No reason why we should be playing this awful with the talent level. Teams should be scared to play this team but their not AT ALL. Its the same formula too

11 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

In the 2 losses this season,  the Offense has scored 3 points and the Falcons have been outscored 41-3 in first halves.

So far, the blueprint has been simple - Falcons get dominated and fall behind too far to catch up. Ryan has been particularly crappy in the first halves, when he's thrown 3 INTs and 0 TDs. 

offense has to do a better job, everyone on offense looks like they are just going through the motions.