lostnmexico

Canfora says Something's wrong with Falcons

160 posts in this topic

He would not have probably written this article after our win over the Eagles last Sunday.

I agree the Falcons have problems that need to be addressed, but we are not necessarily 0-35 since SB 51.

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You refuse to blame DQ . You’re talking about the offense .. the offense . 

The offense didn't even get the ball back with almost 4 mins left in the game. As bad as Smitty's defenses were, they got the ball back for Ryan to come back and win the games.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Anyone think DK could be sabotaging this season in hopes for getting a chance at the head coach job next year? Idk, something is definitely up

He wont and shouldnt get it.need a offensive guru

The point in this that I’ve believed ever since that awful night is, this head coach and some players (and this fan base) have never recovered from the SB loss. The only chance the core has to ever get there again is a complete house cleaning of this staff and front office, and probably a few players. 

Every time the guys who had that game won look at Quinn, all they’ll ever see is a guy who stole their lifelong dream by not running 3 times and kicking a FG. They’ll never say it, but I’d bet good money all of them carry a deep resentment of him, if not outright hatred, especially all that bro talk nonsense.

As a nearly five decade fan, I will never forgive him for robbing me and all our fans of that trophy. I hope he’s fired this year and I never have to listen to his moronic rambling, or watch his horrible coaching again. 

MAD597, Spts1 and lee sunset like this

37 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yea he is, he cannot properly evaluate talent on the OL or DL.

Lindstrom was solid he got injured. Grady and takk are good.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Lindstrom was solid he got injured. Grady and takk are good.

Out of how many OL and DL picks has TD had over the years? Takk is also still a question mark. 

You could have built a better and more consistent OL and DL by throwing darts at prospect boards then TDs actual picks in those positions.

Doctor Kildare likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Anyone think DK could be sabotaging this season in hopes for getting a chance at the head coach job next year? Idk, something is definitely up

DK sucks right now too. DK sucked in Tampa as well. DK's chance of an HC position is at zero right now, and for years to come. The Falcons need to be successful this year for DK get another chance to lead a team.

39 minutes ago, lee sunset said:

28-3 broke this team... 

Sad but true 

Have to start fresh to have a chance of a ring for Ryan

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

you forgot because we have most of our cap invested into the offense and rely on players on rookie contracts and budget skill position players to anchor the defense with little to no veteran presence at all.

Then why did Quinn insist on paying Beasley so much of the defense's remaining cap allocation?

If Quin thought that he needed more help on the defense, he could have dealt/cut Beasley and used that money more wisely.

vitaman likes this

I think the offense is going to get better...we are seeing it. But how much of that was the Colts backing off after the huge lead?

The running game looked better today at times. Falcons offense has to find a way to attack for 60 minutes...regardless of score!

Defensively...Quinn is failing...where are the adjustments? Way too much Yac...receivers wide open catching ball in stride. This cannot happen!  the grade?.....F

vitaman likes this

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

Then why did Quinn insist on paying Beasley so much of the defense's remaining cap allocation?

If Quin thought that he needed more help on the defense, he could have dealt/cut Beasley and used that money more wisely.

Pass rushers are hard to find and it looks like we were dead set on upgrading the OL.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Ridley has a bad game. I will wait for all 22 but I don’t think he was that open. 

He was more open than Stocker.

Edited by JeffAtl
Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

How can you look at the performance of this current team and the history of this franchise and not be a hater? 

What has this franchise ever done to earn its fan base?

We went the entire 80s after 1980 without a wining record, we did not have back to back winning seasons till 2009. Our 2 SB appearances are two of the most embarrassing SB appearances in NFL history.

53 years and the only thing consistent about this franchise is pure disapoinment.

We are a weak team that folds like lawn chairs at even the slightest bit of adversity.

Because I am not a pathetic excuse of a "fan" who does not freak out over every single loss and only make my presence really felt after a loss......like you??

31 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

The point in this that I’ve believed ever since that awful night is, this head coach and some players (and this fan base) have never recovered from the SB loss. The only chance the core has to ever get there again is a complete house cleaning of this staff and front office, and probably a few players. 

Every time the guys who had that game won look at Quinn, all they’ll ever see is a guy who stole their lifelong dream by not running 3 times and kicking a FG. They’ll never say it, but I’d bet good money all of them carry a deep resentment of him, if not outright hatred, especially all that bro talk nonsense.

As a nearly five decade fan, I will never forgive him for robbing me and all our fans of that trophy. I hope he’s fired this year and I never have to listen to his moronic rambling, or watch his horrible coaching again. 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Pass rushers are hard to find and it looks like we were dead set on upgrading the OL.

You completely missed the point.  

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Having an inept offense is not exactly padding your resume to be a HC again. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I wish Ryan had an OC who basically told him to shut up and do as he is told. He thrived in it under Shanny...and even under Sark, where Ryan couldn’t really audible and simply played rather than trying to be the OC.

Dirk gives Ryan lots of leeway and ability to change things as he sees fit, and that may not be the best thing for Ryan or the Falcons

Ryan's first year under shanny people wanted to run shanny out of town same with sark. Just maybe it take a little adjustment. 8 TDs in 3 game isn't bad. Defense needs to help out IMHO. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

NFL Week 3 insider notes: Something's wrong with Falcons

Something is up with the Atlanta Falcons.

For the second time in three weeks they basically failed to show up for the first half of a football game. Their quarterback, he of the $90-plus million in guarantees, keeps turning the ball over. They have 223 yards rushing as a team through three weeks. Their defense cannot get a stop when they need one.

With the coaching staff entering the season under fire, needing to bounce back from a lost 2018 that was attributed to injuries more than anything else, well, it's fair to call September uninspiring at best thus far. Atlanta's defense has been run over in the ground game far too often, they have seemed like the less physical football team too often and they are starting slow to a season once again.

Yes, they had two pristine second-half drives to make a game of it in Indianapolis Sunday, but that was only after Matt Ryan threw his sixth pick of the season and the Colts marched up and down the field and led, 20-3, at halftime. The Falcons couldn't come all the way back, cutting things to three at one point, and the Colts could have scored again late but chose to run out the clock – yet again, with the Falcons needing a stop, none came.

Here's what the Colts offense did to them in the first half on four possessions:

Nine plays for 39 yards and a field goal.
Seven plays for 93 yards and a touchdown.
Fifteen plays for 94 yards and a field goal.
Ten plays for 41 yards and a touchdown.

Yeah, two drives over 90 yards in the first half alone. Jacoby Brissett completed his first 16 passes and barely had to break a sweat doing it. Julio Jones' frustration boiled over at times. And, as I posited several times this offseason, expecting a Dirk Koetter/Matt Ryan reunion to be transformational was folly. We will never see this offense look like it did in the second season Kyle Shanahan called plays there … and it might be quite some time before the Falcons get back to the Super Bowl after blowing it to the Pats in 2017.

They are 17-18 since losing that heartbreaking game, they're on their third offensive coordinator and head coach Dan Quinn already took over the defense. There isn't much more shuffling to do. The cosmetic stuff has already happened. At some point owner Arthur Blank's patience will run out, and if these uneven performances continue then that day is coming in early 2020, at the latest.  

I'd suggest a quick turnaround, because the second half of the season looks like a chore. From Week 7-14 the Falcons face the Rams, Seahawks, then after a bye, play divisional games five weeks in a row, including twice with the Saints and Panthers.

I say just tank it....and get high draft pick and RESET again.

I'll be honest... I can't read **** he writes...He is a raven's guy who tried to make Flacco look better then Matt.... Even during the 2016 season.

So I can't hear this guy.

falconsd56 and Ergo Proxy like this

My issue is they looked totally uninspired after that party on the locker room against the Eagles. 

Dq preaches player leadership but where is the accountability amongst players? I played basketball and if guy were lolly gagging I’d call them out and get the fire lit. Maybe the camera wasn’t showing it, but I didn’t see any of that from the defense when they were on the sideline. 

Thats two games they’ve come out flat. There isn’t very much motivation for them to come out and It appears they are starting to play down to their competition. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

This looks like DK Offense from Tampa. I don’t think this is looking anything like KS offense or matt Ryan Offense. They are stretching the field vertically not horizontally. 

The terminology may be WCO, but you’re absolutely right.  It looks and feels like Dirk’s Tampa/Falcons 4 Verticals philosophy.

What’s funny is Dirk’s best year in Atlanta was when he was using a combo of Mularkey’s offense.  The offense stunk in 2013 & 2014 when it was Dirk’s completely.  Sure there were injuries.  But we had Ryan, Roddy, Julio, TG, Matthews, HD...more than enough for a gifted playcaller

31 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Ryan's first year under shanny people wanted to run shanny out of town same with sark. Just maybe it take a little adjustment. 8 TDs in 3 game isn't bad. Defense needs to help out IMHO. 

Offense has all the resources yet the following is true:

20 ppg

No Run Game

High INT Numbers

Yards Without Points

These are staples of a Dirk offense since 2013