If I Didn’t Know Better:

31 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Atlanta runs a defense that’s known and you know the plays to beat it.”  “ Atlanta runs a vanilla defense that’s easy to plan for”    Just two quotes from the former players on the CBS show! It’s truly time for DQ to evolve his scheme 

But then we won't have a simple read and react scheme where we can be fast and physical.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I didn’t know better, I would think we lost intentionally.  We averaged 7.5 yards per play to their 6.0.  We had more passing yards, more rushing yards and were a staggering 8-10 on 3rd downs while

DL also caught offsides 3 times. Defense gives up 7 first downs on penalty.

Some of these guys are thinking too much out there. The way the offense looked in the second half was incredible. They marched down the field and scored despite a million penalties along the way. 

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If I didn’t know better, I would think we lost intentionally.  We averaged 7.5 yards per play to their 6.0.  We had more passing yards, more rushing yards and were a staggering 8-10 on 3rd downs while the Colts were 5-8.    All of this screams a W.  Except it didn’t, and we didn’t.

16 Penalties for 130 yards is inexcusable.  I would start benching players.  How many holding penalties did our 40 million dollar OL get called for?  How many 3rd down stops were nullified by stupid penalties on the defense?  You can’t overcome a -100 differential in penalty yards in the NFL.  There is too much parity. 

This is is on both the coaches and the players.  38 penalties in 3 weeks.  We are lucky to be 1-2 with a chance at getting to .500 next week

I thought that about SB 51.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I mean, not taking anything away from the young man, but we just got curb stomped by Brissett 

Quinn is too hard headed to make adjustments in time.. Just like hes too hard headed to let certain players go because he falls in love with thier size and dsont pay any attention to actual production.. Quinn is just stubborn and its going to be his down fall 

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

He isn’t using Shannys playbook. Thats BS. He an Matt put together a game plan each week and it sure looks like 4 verts. Seen a crossing pattern yet? Any one schemed open while Julio draws doubles?

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

He isn’t using Shannys playbook. Thats BS. He an Matt put together a game plan each week and it sure looks like 4 verts. Seen a crossing pattern yet? Any one schemed open while Julio draws doubles?

I think this has note truth than most realize.  Just watch the first 4 minutes and tell me if our offense looks similar to this

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

There was a lot of frustration, that was what caused Neal’s helmet throw. He was frustrated not just with his injury but also with his play. He was never 100% there mentally this year. 

You could see it with Debo not being a factor. Why is he no longer a factor? He should have been blitzing brissett all day long. 

I’m tired of the missed opportunities. We see it every week. 

That call still bugs me. I know what the rule is but Neal was obviously badly injured. It wasn’t an unsportsmanlike act, he was clearly in pain, and that call really hurt.

18 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Wasn't the 12 man on the field call also a third down turned first down? 

Don’t recall the specifics. Yes another terrible penalty.

Might have been due to Grady hurting his toe and hobbling off.

A real injury he could have sat down to avoid a TO and got an injury one instead of flagged tho...

15 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

In the Vikings game, the Falcons had 350 yards of offense compared to Vikings 270. But the Falcons also had 3 turnovers and a blocked punt. You're not winning in the NFL playing like this... Disciplined football and the Falcons are 3-0 right now.

True. But under Dan Quinn, this team doesn't know what the word "disciplined" even means. Not a word you could ever associate with this team since Quinn's been HC.

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think this has note truth than most realize.  Just watch the first 4 minutes and tell me if our offense looks similar to this

People making so much out of "we are running the same plays we were with Shanny, we have no identity!" sound so stupid to me. Half the teams in the NFL run some of the same west coast style plays lol. What made the Shanahan offense the Shanahan offense was his play-calling, not the plays themselves. There was nothing revolutionary about the things we were running with Kyle just the sequencing of the play calls and his feel for the game which are absolutely elite and obviously impossible to replicate. Kyle adjusted his play calling to the players and Koetter is trying to do the same thing in his own way. Of course we are going to run some of the same plays we have been running the last few years, it would be stupid to throw away plays Matt Ryan and Julio Jones and Sanu have perfected because we want to forge a unique identity. Whatever the heck that means. 

Only thing that has me scratching my head so far is the Luke Stocker love affair. Outside of that though, I have zero issues with the way the offense has been called. If Matt Ryan can stop throwing INTS (which I have 100% faith he will) and our defense manages to at least keep us one score away from the other team, we will get the run game going I'm sure. Looked much improved last game before we were forced to abandon it. 

Defense is where I'm much less optimistic. 

Other than Jones' pick of Brees a few years back, and Oliver stopping Ertz short last week, has this defense EVER made a stop when it absolutely had to in order to win or to give our offense a chance to win the game? I cannot think of one. And Captain Catchy Slogan is supposedly some sort of defensive version of Einstein. LMAO. 

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If I didn’t know better, I would think we lost intentionally.  We averaged 7.5 yards per play to their 6.0.  We had more passing yards, more rushing yards and were a staggering 8-10 on 3rd downs while the Colts were 5-8.    All of this screams a W.  Except it didn’t, and we didn’t.

16 Penalties for 130 yards is inexcusable.  I would start benching players.  How many holding penalties did our 40 million dollar OL get called for?  How many 3rd down stops were nullified by stupid penalties on the defense?  You can’t overcome a -100 differential in penalty yards in the NFL.  There is too much parity. 

This is is on both the coaches and the players.  38 penalties in 3 weeks.  We are lucky to be 1-2 with a chance at getting to .500 next week

Agree with all of your points here. The sky isn't falling but we for sure need to clean up. Flashes of Freeman this week means he's getting back in shape. Ridley had a rough game and Ice looked a bit off initially. Penalties will always doom ya. Not going to be frustrated yet still a long season

30 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Fast and physical to what though is the question.  It’s sad when teams know you are 100% set on playing cover 3 off coverage on 1st and 2nd.  You think he knows this also?

I think he does but he’s just so confident in his guys being able to rally to the ball for minimum yardage he’s just dead set on continuing to run it.

It’s probably why low tier QBs constantly **** on this defense. They’re very willing to take what you give them and rely on YAC for yardage. All while lulling the defense to sleep with the dinks and dunks and eventually hitting a midrange or deep pass.

5 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

I think he does but he’s just so confident in his guys being able to rally to the ball for minimum yardage he’s just dead set on continuing to run it.

It’s probably why low tier QBs constantly **** on this defense. They’re very willing to take what you give them and rely on YAC for yardage. All while lulling the defense to sleep with the dinks and dunks and eventually hitting a midrange or deep pass.

Exactly and if we grasp this why can’t he as a professional HC.  Especially being a defensive guy!