Jump to content

Weak media market again letting team off the hook for a dismal performance


Recommended Posts

Eventually, you will all see and understand this. That although there is a ALOT wrong on the field, there is just as much wrong off the field at the podium. 

No heat was applied to DQ at the podium after this meltdown today, can you imagine the questions Bellichek would have to of faced if this was the Patriots?!  Even when Bellichek tells them he’s not going to answer certain questions the media still ask him 

yet this team has had catastrophic meltdown after meltdown and absolute dismal play being unprepared and out coached and when it comes podium time....crickets. 

How pissed do you think DQ would be if someone in the media asked him if he felt Safe about his job coaching and coordinating this much underachieving talent, don’t you think things would change a bit with his mentality moving forward, don’t you think he might be “lit” or “pumped up” at the next practice. 

The failures of this team go unchecked at the podium. And I honestly, honestly believe that is an essential part of the process 

Edited by JKH5785
Link to post
Share on other sites

How much pressure would be on ownership of the team if the owners were faced with the hard questions. 

Mark Bradley is the only Falcons writer that will slam them when it’s called for. 

D. Orlando is a joke, a freakin joke. He’d be errand boy at any other paper

Edited by JKH5785
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

I’d ask Quinn specifically...do you think this team was properly coached and prepared for this game by you and your coaches? 

Sure id been escorted out of the press conference. 

For once at a Falcons press conference I'd like to hear...."Stupid question, next......Also a stupid question....anything else?......See ya' next week!"

At least be as pissed as I am after the team **** the bed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple process. Ask the hard questions.

They are required to let the media do their job, you won’t get escorted out for asking straight forward questions. 

Just like they say, if you don’t want another offense scoring points, stop them. 

If you don’t want the media hounding you about poor play and job security, coach/play better

 

 

If you think about it, we are the Lions when they had Calvin Johnson

we have some good players, we will win some games, but we aren’t contending for ****. You can count on that

Edited by JKH5785
Link to post
Share on other sites

This city deserves a much better Football team that is for sure. The history of this franchise is horrible and one of the worst in pro sports. I REALLY think we need to ship this team somewhere else, they are either cursed or so badly broken they can never be fixed.

We saw a recent expansion team in United come in and win it all and build a history of winning in a few short years. The Braves have at least given this city a Major sports championship. The Falcons and the Hawks have only brought disappointment to this city. If the newish youth movement for the Hawks don't pay off it is time to ship them out as well.

The Falcons have done ZERO to earn the fanbase they do have and AB should be thankful anyone even bother to show up to  the games cause the Falcons certainly don't bother most of the time.

This is a really talented roster with a mix of youth and all time greats on the Vet side. They have ZERO excuses for being un prepared and having so many penalties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JKH5785 said:

Eventually, you will all see and understand this. That although there is a ALOT wrong on the field, there is just as much wrong off the field at the podium. 

No heat was applied to DQ at the podium after this meltdown today, can you imagine the questions Bellichek would have to of faced if this was the Patriots?!  Even when Bellichek tells them he’s not going to answer certain questions the media still ask him 

yet this team has had catastrophic meltdown after meltdown and absolute dismal play being unprepared and out coached and when it comes podium time....crickets. 

How pissed do you think DQ would be if someone in the media asked him if he felt Safe about his job coaching and coordinating this much underachieving talent, don’t you think things would change a bit with his mentality moving forward, don’t you think he might be “lit” or “pumped up” at the next practice. 

The failures of this team go unchecked at the podium. And I honestly, honestly believe that is an essential part of the process 

He should be grilled like a weak closer on a sales floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Huh?

What does the small market have to do with the defensive performance?

It has everything to do with the discipline and accountability of this team

not one media person asked dan Quinn why his team was so unprepared, or why the falcons are having a rash of penalties that are NOT being corrected, or why HIS defense is getting shredded int he pass and why they looked so unorganized on the field, why they failed to make adjustments and kept letting Jacoby shred that soft zone....or better yet, should he be worried about his credibility as the defensive coordinator much less the head coach with this “talented” roster underachieving like so

 

those are the questions that should be asked, those are the questions that will crack this team under pressure, and either there will be a diamond there...or dust

the play on the field is soft, the fan base is soft and forgiving, and the media is soft. 

Atlanta deserves better! Georgia is a football meca with a pro team that has one of the worst histories and credibility in the league

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JKH5785 said:

It has everything to do with the discipline and accountability of this team

not one media person asked dan Quinn why his team was so unprepared, or why the falcons are having a rash of penalties that are NOT being corrected, or why HIS defense is getting shredded int he pass and why they looked so unorganized on the field, why they failed to make adjustments and kept letting Jacoby shred that soft zone....or better yet, should he be worried about his credibility as the defensive coordinator much less the head coach with this “talented” roster underachieving like so

 

those are the questions that should be asked, those are the questions that will crack this team under pressure, and either there will be a diamond there...or dust

the play on the field is soft, the fan base is soft and forgiving, and the media is soft. 

Atlanta deserves better! Georgia is a football meca with a pro team that has one of the worst histories and credibility in the league

Not asking questions at press conferences doesn’t change anything. The media has nothing to do with the Falcons on field performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

"Coach Quinn, why did you come out in a soft zone and allow your defense hand easy completions to a career backup QB? Better yet, why does this team consistently allow Mediocre QB's to look like MVP caliber players?"

The video I saw showed Quinn trying to explain why he called certain defenses for certain plays but since I couldn't hear the questions, I have no idea what was being asked. In general though I agree the southern sensibility will never allow a New York style press.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints play in a very small market and that doesn't seem to affect them. Historically it hasn't been an issue for the Packers either...or the Steelers and Ravens. The team that just beat us today plays in a much smaller market, as do most NFL teams. 

The NFL is actually the sport where market size matters very little. We're struggling because we don't have good leadership in coaching or the front office. We don't learn from our mistakes on the field, and off the field we're too loyal to the players we've drafted in contract negotiations and end up with no cap space to address significant deficiencies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

The Saints play in a very small market and that doesn't seem to affect them. Historically it hasn't been an issue for the Packers either...or the Steelers and Ravens. The team that just beat us today plays in a much smaller market, as do most NFL teams. 

The NFL is actually the sport where market size matters very little. We're struggling because we don't have good leadership in coaching or the front office. We don't learn from our mistakes on the field, and off the field we're too loyal to the players we've drafted in contract negotiations and end up with no cap space to address significant deficiencies. 

I agree with this, with the point that smaller market isn’t what I’m talking about, it’s the quality and validity of the questions being asked that’s the problem. Green Bay has a media that will pound the hard questions when needed. So does Pittsburg...

but yeh, front office leadership and coach leadership definitely an issue

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...