Quinn post game presser, short and sweet

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

If I could like this a million times I would.

It was only a bad throw because stocker didn’t do what Matt expected him to do.  You don’t throw to the receiver, you throw to an area.

The only bad throw to stocker was the one against philly where Matt clearly lost the linebacker in his read.

Interceptions aside, Luke Stocker is an experiment that needs to end immediately.  I know I’m asking for the world by wanting to see Graham implemented into the offense so I’m not going to hold my breath for that one.

I could see Graham and Ryan being a good connection like him and Hooper. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now I'd rather watch one of those air fryer infomercials, but thanks for posting.

WTF is a road mentality??? Why can't we just play hard nosed disciplined ball without all the slogans! This guy is all about slogans, coach's speak and buzz words.  Has any other team needed a "r

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Right now I'd rather watch one of those air fryer infomercials, but thanks for posting.

^^ This

I am done listening to Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan talk. I don't care about whatever words are coming out of their mouths. Those words are just a handful of empty platitudes and meaningless gibberish uttered to placate the masses. 

Shut up and go coach and play better.

58 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You have a a point that he got slowed. I'm just annoyed with Ryan for the ints. Not saying it's all his fault. He played lights out the 2nd half though 

I totally understand, it frustrates me too. I just know Matt has to take those shots sometimes, sometimes he will mess up, sometimes others mess up  and Ryan still takes the blame. Sometimes we get these rashes of INTs from him and it's normally when nothing is going well and he's trying to make a play. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Like him trying to stop Sanu with the pass ,against Philly, to lead him away from contact. Goes off Sanu's hand for a INT. No telling how many times he does that and we don't realize it until something like that happens. When it rains, in pours, but i think Ryan will be fine. The dude is a competitor. 

2 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I don't think His speed was the problem, he was hung up with the defense after the ball was in the air that slowed him. Appeared to stumble a little. He's a big guy, he's got to win that. Of course, it probably worked like a charm against our defense in practice. We got butter trying to sharpen iron.

Yeah, he might not be slow at all - it seems that he gives up on routes and doesn't force his way through defenders.  

Stocker needs to be taken out of the gameplan - he and Ryan have no chemistry.

58 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Even if a coach has a superb eye for talent, if he can’t motivate or coach them properly what good is he?

If the team is prepared, you don't need a lot of motivation. BB do your job is probably the most boring thing a coach can tell the team. Yet the team is prepared doing their job.

45 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

The playbook and its long developing routes, lack of emphasis on pass pro has a ****-ton to do with the INTs.

Out of curiosity, do you know the genesis of Koetter’s offensive scheme? Do you know what his scheme is?

Whats the play called where the QB throws a pic into double coverage in the REDZONE.... or the over the recievers head for another in the REDZONE ....yeah all six of these league leading bad boys is on the OC....gotcha

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

Yeah, he might not be slow at all - it seems that he gives up on routes and doesn't force his way through defenders.  

Stocker needs to be taken out of the gameplan - he and Ryan have no chemistry.

Yeah, he seems almost surprised Matt throws his way. Apparently , he don't know much about Matt. Matt expects everyone to catch the ball and make plays. You can put a PS guy out there and Matt will use them. They mess up, he's coming back to them. It works alot too..,but stocker doesn't seem to be falling in line with that expectation. Maybe he will, but the coaches need to make a change, you can't have a dead spot out there. Teams will pick up on that quick.

31 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I could see Graham and Ryan being a good connection like him and Hooper. 

Gotta get our young guys implemented early.  That’s always bothered me about the coaches we’ve had.  We always wait until an injury to occur, or until we’re dead in the water until we give somebody who’s shown promise a chance.  

Graham is one of those guys who has obviously worked hard to get better and has a physical skill set that creates matchup problems, yet he’s relegated to special teams.  It’s quite mind boggling  

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Gotta get our young guys implemented early.  That’s always bothered me about the coaches we’ve had.  We always wait until an injury to occur, or until we’re dead in the water until we give somebody who’s shown promise a chance.  

Graham is one of those guys who has obviously worked hard to get better and has a physical skill set that creates matchup problems, yet he’s relegated to special teams.  It’s quite mind boggling  

Yeah, they need to get Graham in there. I wish they would get Senat in the Dline rotation some. He's made plays In the past when on the field. Just curious to see him in love action. Bring ollison up behind Free some. Just would like to see young guys get involved.

12 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Yeah, they need to get Graham in there. I wish they would get Senat in the Dline rotation some. He's made plays In the past when on the field. Just curious to see him in love action. Bring ollison up behind Free some. Just would like to see young guys get involved.

With Grady hurt, we may see more senat.

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

“We didn’t execute like we needed to in that moment.”

Okay, I’ll bite. Other than the one drive out of the half, in what moment did the defense execute like we wanted?

One moment is execution. One punt? That’s coaching. They aren’t prepared to play. 

Here is what Quinn is not correcting, and we all knew this going in as did he.

Penalties yesterday, 16 for 128 yards

Rushing 27th in league  74.3 ypg

Sacks, 23rd in the league with 5

These are the main elements this team said was there problem but in no way do I see a fix.

I feel bad for Quinn that's the look of stress! I believe he has taken on to much being HC and DC is a tough assignment for anyone to carry through. I also believe this team is a very slow starter which make his job more difficult. They also are making to many mental errors with 16 penalties giving 1st downs at key moments does not help at all. That's not rocket science. No matter how well they might be coached the players must execute and many of those penalties were just plain dumb ones!

Ya all beating a dead horse.  Three things are going to sink us.

1)  Numerous penalties.  Over a 120 yards worth.  That is crushing.  

2)  Interceptions.  They cost us big time.  Not as bad as the penalties though.

3) Injuries.  This could cripple us.  We saw firsthand last year what they can do.

Coaching is not hurting us like the three things I call out here.

why the **** do you need a 'road mentality' on defense? Yeah offensively you have to deal with the noise but on defense Is it hard to punch them in the mouth week in and week out? Is it hard to call a ******* blitz every once in a blue moon and play ******* man defense instead of that weak *** zone coverage? get out of here with this ****

39 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Ya all beating a dead horse.  Three things are going to sink us.

1)  Numerous penalties.  Over a 120 yards worth.  That is crushing.  

2)  Interceptions.  They cost us big time.  Not as bad as the penalties though.

3) Injuries.  This could cripple us.  We saw firsthand last year what they can do.

Coaching is not hurting us like the three things I call out here.

1) Penalties are a direct reflection of the coaching

2) There was only 1 interception and it forced the Colts to start on their own 3.  

3) All NFL teams have injuries.  The Colts had their QB retire a few weeks ago because of it and their top receiver miss the entire 2nd half.  Somehow other teams find a way to deal with it.