Quinn post game presser, short and sweet

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now I'd rather watch one of those air fryer infomercials, but thanks for posting.

WTF is a road mentality??? Why can't we just play hard nosed disciplined ball without all the slogans! This guy is all about slogans, coach's speak and buzz words.  Has any other team needed a "r

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

So, same old, same old crap! Why even bother with this stuff? You know what’s going to be said before you click play! But yet, we be searching for some sort of..,never mind. 

Isnt that the truth. It sure would be nice to hear some honest talk and emotion  instead of the usually worthless nonsense you hear every bloody time. They are worse than politicians when it comes to sticking to their talking points and coach speech. 

2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

He is third in stats. I so want Matt to do his thing. I have been hard on him this year. Rightly so. 

I think that it’s fair to criticize him. I’m sure that he’s beating himself up as well. But the the constant churn of OCs and system philosophies isn’t helping. I’d hoped that Matt’s past familiarity with Koetter’s system would help. But looking back, Matt threw a fairly high amount of ints when koetter was here before.

the vertical system is high reward but it’s also high risk. I personally would have preferred someone from the shanny scheme or the Ekhardt-Perkins system tree.

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

My wife said the same thing at training camp. She said he looks sick and his color wasn't right. We were both wondering if something was wrong with him. Didn't seem as active.

He looks like its stressing him out a bit or he could be sick who knows, Quinn a good guy just not a great coach for this team right now.

36 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I don't think His speed was the problem, he was hung up with the defense after the ball was in the air that slowed him. Appeared to stumble a little. He's a big guy, he's got to win that. Of course, it probably worked like a charm against our defense in practice. We got butter trying to sharpen iron.

But he is slow though. And bad things happen when we throw to him

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I think that it’s fair to criticize him. I’m sure that he’s beating himself up as well. But the the constant churn of OCs and system philosophies isn’t helping. I’d hoped that Matt’s past familiarity with Koetter’s system would help. But looking back, Matt threw a fairly high amount of ints when koetter was here before.

the vertical system is high reward but it’s also high risk. I personally would have preferred someone from the shanny scheme or the Ekhardt-Perkins system tree.

If you are going to be a gunner, you better have a cannon. Matt simply doesn’t have the arm for deep ball. His medium range passes are fine. Koetter at this point is probably not a good fit!

1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

Quinn is Jim Mora with less hair...All rah-rah and too close to the players to effectively evaluate them. I wanted Quinn here badly. 

Now you're going to read something you rarely if ever see on this MB.

I was wrong. I am sorry.

The only time you saw DQ live up to the hype was in the 2016 Playoffs... then 28-3 happened.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

But he is slow though. And bad things happen when we throw to him

If he doesn't get slowed fighting through the defense, he probably gets there, but i with you and i still don't believe he makes the play.  He stinks. They should know, you put him on the field, Ryan is gonna use him and trust him to make a play. He's done it with anyone we put out there, but that dude has disaster written all over him. Im scare for them to just do a little dump off to him.

21 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Quinn is Jim Mora with less hair...All rah-rah and too close to the players to effectively evaluate them. I wanted Quinn here badly. 

Now you're going to read something you rarely if ever see on this MB.

I was wrong. I am sorry.

It happens to the best of us ;)

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡
29 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

If you are going to be a gunner, you better have a cannon. Matt simply doesn’t have the arm for deep ball. His medium range passes are fine. Koetter at this point is probably not a good fit!

I agree sorta. Matt isn’t a gunner like a Flacco, but even having a gun in this system means extremely high risk throws in its effort to always go max distance with every snap. Greeat philosophy when Coryell invented it and LBs didn’t run 4.5 and CBs didn’t run 4.2s And even in this offense’ heyday the QB gets killed.

39 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

If he doesn't get slowed fighting through the defense, he probably gets there, but i with you and i still don't believe he makes the play.  He stinks. They should know, you put him on the field, Ryan is gonna use him and trust him to make a play. He's done it with anyone we put out there, but that dude has disaster written all over him. Im scare for them to just do a little dump off to him.

You have a a point that he got slowed. I'm just annoyed with Ryan for the ints. Not saying it's all his fault. He played lights out the 2nd half though 

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

He’s also on track for 47 TDs. Not too mention that he threw one int today, yet still managed equal amount of touchdowns to ints. In the other two games.

have you  ever played football and learned an offensive playbook? 

The play book has very little to do with the picks thrown this year 

4 minutes ago, cblack said:

The playbook and its long developing routes, lack of emphasis on pass pro has a ****-ton to do with the INTs.

Out of curiosity, do you know the genesis of Koetter’s offensive scheme? Do you know what his scheme is?

4 minutes ago, cblack said:

2 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

He thought stocker was going to split those two and high point that ball. It was  a very catchable pass. Stocker got hung up, Stocker didn't get there, so it landed in the hands of the deep man. Hooper makes that catch. Matt has thrown that same type pass for TDs a bunch of times. When it works, looks wonderful, but when it doesn't it's a "bad decision". Nothing good has came from throwing to stocker, needs to stop.

If I could like this a million times I would.

It was only a bad throw because stocker didn’t do what Matt expected him to do.  You don’t throw to the receiver, you throw to an area.

The only bad throw to stocker was the one against philly where Matt clearly lost the linebacker in his read.

Interceptions aside, Luke Stocker is an experiment that needs to end immediately.  I know I’m asking for the world by wanting to see Graham implemented into the offense so I’m not going to hold my breath for that one.