Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieK

Keanu Neal feared Achilles tear

39 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Pretty much what every Falcon fan figured. 

Love Neal and wish him the best.. But as we're seeing with Free.. You just dont come back from 2 years of season ending surgeries the same as you are before. 

Lowndesfalc likes this

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Love Neal and wish him the best.. But as we're seeing with Free.. You just dont come back from 2 years of season ending surgeries the same as you are before. 

Free was terrific today.

Just now, jidady said:

Free was terrific today.

Free had alot of good blocking today. Ran in a straight line up the middle where the oline made some holes big enough to drive a dump truck through 

zekeyboy1 likes this

The implications of the injury are huge because there is no way the Falcons will even enter contract negotiations. So he will play next season under the 5th year option which is btw guaranteed for injury.

I feel bad for the kid. Back to back serious injuries and severely threatening his career... and probably costing him dozens of millions. If he would have stayed healthy this season and played reasonably well, the Falcons would have given him a 5y/70m with 40m guaranteed extension the very least. Now all he got is the 5th year option for a fraction of that and his career up in the air. Coming back from one serious injury is tough, coming back from two is very rare.

2 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

The implications of the injury are huge because there is no way the Falcons will even enter contract negotiations. So he will play next season under the 5th year option which is btw guaranteed for injury.

I feel bad for the kid. Back to back serious injuries and severely threatening his career... and probably costing him dozens of millions. If he would have stayed healthy this season and played reasonably well, the Falcons would have given him a 5y/70m with 40m guaranteed extension the very least. Now all he got is the 5th year option for a fraction of that and his career up in the air. Coming back from one serious injury is tough, coming back from two is very rare.

What a mistake that would have been. I'm not giving a guy 40m guaranteed just because he hits hard and can sometimes limit a tight end. I'll pay that money for a playmaker, but Neal is not that.