motivation2k3

How are the Saints up 20-7 at half without brees

103 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

You are right of course, but there are exceptions and Pittsburgh is one of those very few exceptions. 

With all of the organizational structure and patience that Pittsburgh provides, a coach who gets fired there isn't likely to succeed in a more dysfunctional environment.

Well compared to the stuff that went on in that locker room, that Pittsburgh organization looks like it’s been a lot more dysfunctional than anything we’ve had going on here in a long while.

Flying Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

At this point it’s more important to get the right head coach than worry about which side of the ball he comes from. 

I mean, if Mike Tomlin were available, would you really take a pass?

I don’t know.

They let a lot of crazy behavior go in regards to Ben and AB.

48 minutes ago, motivation2k3 said:

We need to get rid of Quinn asap. A coach prepares his team and I can't  believe what I'm  watching. I had this game marked as a loss for them and I see carolina and tampa leading as well. We may be in last place tonight

The Saints are up because they have a truly great head coach in Payton.  That team reflects the grit, character and determination of its coach.  Not like this bunch of pansies who lay down for the other team...

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t know.

They let a lot of crazy behavior go in regards to Ben and AB.

With some of the comments I’ve heard from that GM regarding Ben and how every player should defer to him like children, I’m not sure how much Mike really “let” go on.

Flying Falcon likes this

14 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Every head coach, save for the blessed few are going to be fired sooner or later. Coach being fired ain’t an indication of their ability.

True.

But Tomlin's shortcomings are almost exactly Dan Quinn's failures.

Lack of discipline. Lack of adjustments. Lack of clock or game management.

Firing Quinn and hiring Tomlin would be like trading a broken down Plymouth for a broken down Dodge. Same problems, different name.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

With some of the comments I’ve heard from that GM regarding Ben and how every player should defer to him like children, I’m not sure how much Mike really “let” go on.

It’s why I said ‘they.’

Might not have been Tomlin but it did happen on his watch.

Again,  tough to say.

28 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

If a backup QB can make the defense make the other team more than once a game I'm all for it.

Hmmm?

All NFC South Teams are winning and kicking as except for the Falcons. Panthers have a backup QB and still win. Saints have a backup and still win. Winston playing to keep his job. And Matt Ryan and the Failcons. U know the rest. This city is cursed and i dont care nothing about no HC, DC. Or nothing. We are the Miami Dolphins of the NFL just with good wide receivers. I'm out

Falcons...as much as I love this team they make it so hard to root for them.  Honestly after  28-3 nothing really surprises me about this team.  I have no expectations.  We have an owner that doesn’t know football and is loyal to a fault.  We continue to employ coaches who can’t coach and instead throw out rah rah phrases.  We have no foundation besides one of losing and disparity.  Yet, my dumb self tunes in every Sunday in hopes of maybe, just maybe they’ll turn a corner and the tides will change.

Carolina and New Orleans don’t have their starting quarterbacks but are still managing to go across the country and lay the smack down on their opponents.  I doubt we’d ever be able to do that especially with Quinn leading the team.

For once I just want this team to get it right, but I know that we’ll have to suffer through this season before Quinn is fired.  So here’s to keeping our stars healthy, and here’s to our future coach being a competent, competitive leader that is able to generate a long-standing, winning culture that’s not built off of glorified mantras and catch phrases.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It’s why I said ‘they.’

Might not have been Tomlin but it did happen on his watch.

Again,  tough to say.

I was just using Tomlin as an example. My point to echo Roanoke is the HC is about more than scheme, and x’s and o’s.

You get in your mind you have to have an offensive head coach then you miss out on a true gem and think you’re hiring McVay and wind up with Kliff Kingsbury, or Pat Shurmur.

SaintsFanInLA likes this

Our issues are repeated year after year. Even with new coaches and new players we still look like the same old Falcons! We have had good enough teams in the past to win a Super Bowl but we end up showing who we really are. I agree it starts with the head coach but our problem is bigger than that. Its the culture of our organization, soft, unprepared and lack of talent in key positions. Most of our guys would be 2nd or 3rd string on other teams. How can we change? What is the answer? 

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I was just using Tomlin as an example. My point to echo Roanoke is the HC is about more than scheme, and x’s and o’s.

You get in your mind you have to have an offensive head coach then you miss out on a true gem and think you’re hiring McVay and wind up with Kliff Kingsbury, or Pat Shurmur.

Yeah I may be getting too caught up on OC vs DC.

Just tired of seeing the Falcons hire former DCs  who can’t build good defenses when guys like Zimmer do.

Yes there is more to it than that.  Just frustrated with what I’ve been seeing 

22 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

The 0-2 Steelers with Big Ben lost for the season are on the road and leading the 2-0 49ers late in the 3rd quarter.

That may not hold, but does anyone think the Falcons would be able to go on the road without Ryan and not go down by 20 in the first half?

With a better coach Who knows? lol. If we could run the ball maybe..RYan is hurting us right now with the dumb picks..Rudolph is throwing some dimes btw..

Edited by zekeyboy1

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah I may be getting too caught up on OC vs DC.

Just tired of seeing the Falcons hire former DCs  who can’t build good defenses when guys like Zimmer do.

Yes there is more to it than that.  Just frustrated with what I’ve been seeing 

Can’t disagree with that. Hire guys with a defensive pedigree you’d think we’d be better — especially when you look at what Zimmer has put together. Seems like they’re always finishing somewhere in the top 5.

JDaveG likes this