motivation2k3

How are the Saints up 20-7 at half without brees

103 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Belichik was a DC. He's done all right.

Jay Gruden was an OC. He hasn't done all right.

Which side of the ball they specialized in is unimportant. Their vision for how to build a TEAM, their ability to enact that vision effectively, and their ability to control and manage the details and minutiae on a day to day basis are the only qualities that matter.

And Smitty and Quinn have been found lacking.

Maybe an Offensive head coach could maximize the clear strength of this team

9 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

If we lost our starting QB we would be losing by 30 in Seattle by now. This is as soft and ill prepared football team as you'll ever find.

Not if we had a competent backup..smh. Matt has never had anybody to push him..I think its time to draft that guy..Its why I wanted lamar jackson. But TD loves his wr's..

Edited by zekeyboy1
falcons357 likes this

They are The Braves of the South, and The NFL adores them.

Innovation of Shawn Payton

A strong organization.

That's why McDaniels was the coach here...Someone who isn't a press conference, speaker, type of guy. The winners in The NFL are nerd innovators.

Dan Quinn is a joke to Sean Payton!!! We need Blank to start handing out pick slips and rebuild this team the right way.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

At this point it’s more important to get the right head coach than worry about which side of the ball he comes from. 

I mean, if Mike Tomlin were available, would you really take a pass?

YungFalco and Flying Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Not if we had a competent backup..smh. Matt has never had anybody to push him..I think its time to draft that guy..Its why I wanted lamar jackson. But TD loves his wr's..

If a backup QB can make the defense make the other team more than once a game I'm all for it.

ok_falcons_fan likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Jon Gruden was a former OC who rode Tony Dungy's defense to a championship.

Baltimore won with a former OC and a ST coach based on defense.

Denver's last championship came with a former OC who (along with a broken down Manning) rode a defense to a championship.

Belichik is a former DC who has won with defense-heavy AND offense-heave teams.

Andy Reid is a great OC who's never won anything.

Again: which side of the ball they specialized in is completely unimportant. How they build and manage the entirety of the team is the ONLY thing that matters.

falcons007 and SaintsFanInLA like this

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

At this point it’s more important to get the right head coach than worry about which side of the ball he comes from. 

I mean, if Mike Tomlin were available, would you really take a pass?

Yes - if Tomlin can't keep his job in Pittsburgh, he can't win here.

I agree on not worrying about DC vs OC though.  We just need to focus on hiring a smart person.

vitaman likes this

15 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

If we lost our starting QB we would be losing by 30 in Seattle by now. This is as soft and ill prepared football team as you'll ever find.

Heck, if we hadn't lost Ryan we'd probably still be down by 30 in Seattle. ^_^

YungFalco likes this

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

Yes - if Tomlin can't keep his job in Pittsburgh, he can't win here.

I agree on not worrying about DC vs OC though.  We just need to focus on hiring a smart person.

Every head coach, save for the blessed few are going to be fired sooner or later. Coach being fired ain’t an indication of their ability.

Flying Falcon likes this

As much as I hate Sean Payton, he's a bonafide HC. He knows how to prepare his team and amazingly enough they always have a better defensive product than us with our defensive HC.

Iron Saint and vitaman like this

7 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

Jon Gruden was a former OC who rode Tony Dungy's defense to a championship.

Baltimore won with a former OC and a ST coach based on defense.

Denver's last championship came with a former OC who (along with a broken down Manning) rode a defense to a championship.

Belichik is a former DC who has won with defense-heavy AND offense-heave teams.

Andy Reid is a great OC who's never won anything.

Again: which side of the ball they specialized in is completely unimportant. How they build and manage the entirety of the team is the ONLY thing that matters.

Yep. Colts finally won the SB when they had balanced team, the SB year was statistically a down year for Manning compared to other years,

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Every head coach, save for the blessed few are going to be fired sooner or later. Coach being fired ain’t an indication of their ability.

You are right of course, but there are exceptions and Pittsburgh is one of those very few exceptions. 

With all of the organizational structure and patience that Pittsburgh provides, a coach who gets fired there isn't likely to succeed in a more dysfunctional environment.

The 0-2 Steelers with Big Ben lost for the season are on the road and leading the 2-0 49ers late in the 3rd quarter.

That may not hold, but does anyone think the Falcons would be able to go on the road without Ryan and not go down by 20 in the first half?

vitaman likes this