Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlrfalcon

If Quinn Was Fired, How Soon Would You Expect a SuperBowl Win?

1 minute ago, Lowndesfalc said:

My thoughts exactly. Been watching for 50 years. They are good for one decent playoff run about once every 10 years. 

1 minute ago, Lowndesfalc said:

My thoughts exactly. Been watching for 50 years. They are good for one decent playoff run about once every 10 years. 

The truest statement ever!!!

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

It depends on who is hired! With the talent already on this roster and 1 more good draft! Tony Dungy could have us a Championship in 2 years!

Do you think Tony Dungy would be up to coaching again? I can get behind that. He likely would have the respect of the whole locker room off the bat . Unlike Quinn.. our beloved.

Edited by Onlygolden1

49 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If Quinn was fired today, does anyone think an immediate replacement on the team (Koetter? Sutton?) already could take over and still get us to the SuperBowl this year?

If Quinn was fired later but during this season (maybe during the bye week 9), does anyone think a replacement could get us to the SuperBowl this year or next year?

If Quinn was fired after the end of the season, it would almost likely be an outside guy who might keep the team's core but would he get us to the SuperBowl next year or need more years?

If Quinn was fired, would a breakup of the team's core even be possible with the contracts to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Matthews, etc.  Simply, would it be very difficult for a new coach to rebuild quickly?

I am not saying I support Quinn's current record but is our best option right now to hope he can turn things around quickly?

No matter who the HC or GM are next year they'll have a franchise worst cap situation. Good luck.

State Line.

3 minutes ago, Onlygolden1 said:

Do you think Tony Dungy would be up to coaching again? I can get behind that. He likely would have the respect of the whole locker room off the bat . Unlike Quinn.. our beloved.

Yes, I think if Blank picked up the phone, offered him full control over personal, and basically gave him a bank vault with his name on it, he would leave the comfort of the studio for one more Championship run! He has always had a soft spot for the Falcons! 

48 minutes ago, stizz said:

No matter what happens we have to keep Koetter to run the offense. Can't keep making Ryan learn a new offense every year,

Seems like that was Koetter's MO in tampa with Lovie.

52 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If Quinn was fired today, does anyone think an immediate replacement on the team (Koetter? Sutton?) already could take over and still get us to the SuperBowl this year?

If Quinn was fired later but during this season (maybe during the bye week 9), does anyone think a replacement could get us to the SuperBowl this year or next year?

If Quinn was fired after the end of the season, it would almost likely be an outside guy who might keep the team's core but would he get us to the SuperBowl next year or need more years?

If Quinn was fired, would a breakup of the team's core even be possible with the contracts to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Matthews, etc.  Simply, would it be very difficult for a new coach to rebuild quickly?

I am not saying I support Quinn's current record but is our best option right now to hope he can turn things around quickly?

Just getting Quinn out of here, that mere act alone would have us more prepared for games, especially on the road. We couldn't possibly do worse on defense.

43 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

If we get rid of Quinn it would more then likely be at the end of the year. I'm not a cap wiz but I think we're stuck with these players unless we unless we trade for picks. This team is stacked with talent, with a few moves and the right leadership this is a Superbowl caliber squad. 

Stacked with talent? Where? Wr maybe.....

Edited by zekeyboy1

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Seriously, does it really matter who coaches this team?   I've never seen such a sorry bunch of losers who have absolutely no fight.  It is quite embarrassing.

Theoretically the talent is there for this year. But all we have right now is pieces. Nothing is put together get. That’s the problem with DQ.  He has the players, we shouldn’t be in this situation. The right coach could have us in the conversation next season.  I don’t know if firing Quinn and making Dirk the interim makes us any better this year, but I don’t think it would make us any worse. 

Assuming the 16 game schedule rotation still remains, probably 2028 season (February 2029) when it’s a completely new Atlanta team with a new franchise QB, new GM, new coaching staff and so forth, and if the Super Bowl season happens it’ll come outta no where when we had a couple losing records prior. The Falcons are only contenders when we weren’t supposed to be a winning team at all coming into the year and we have a bunch of new/veteran players who emerge out of no where. Let’s be honest guys, unless you’re a dynasty team like the Patriots or Cowboys & Steelers of old, most Super Bowl teams don’t return as a franchise until over a decade later with a completely different roster and coaching staff. It’s the sad truth we don’t want to accept. It could be two decades who knows. I think our window is closed with this current group. It’s crazy how Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees who took advantage of their 1 opportunity (and won) have NOT returned to the Super Bowl ever for a decade. It’s not promised guys.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

It’s too soon for fire DQ threads. But then again that’s TATF after loss.

C'mon now.

Though I didnt want to, firing him after last season would have been justifiable.

DQ would be an amazing defensive scout. He has an eye for talent for sure. But lets not act like his coaching successes have been anything more than riding the coat-tails of superior coaches.

Carroll Made him in Seattle

Kyle Made him here.