Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlrfalcon

If Quinn Was Fired, How Soon Would You Expect a SuperBowl Win?

If Quinn was fired today, does anyone think an immediate replacement on the team (Koetter? Sutton?) already could take over and still get us to the SuperBowl this year?

If Quinn was fired later but during this season (maybe during the bye week 9), does anyone think a replacement could get us to the SuperBowl this year or next year?

If Quinn was fired after the end of the season, it would almost likely be an outside guy who might keep the team's core but would he get us to the SuperBowl next year or need more years?

If Quinn was fired, would a breakup of the team's core even be possible with the contracts to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Matthews, etc.  Simply, would it be very difficult for a new coach to rebuild quickly?

I am not saying I support Quinn's current record but is our best option right now to hope he can turn things around quickly?

If we get rid of Quinn it would more then likely be at the end of the year. I'm not a cap wiz but I think we're stuck with these players unless we unless we trade for picks. This team is stacked with talent, with a few moves and the right leadership this is a Superbowl caliber squad. 

3 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Bill Belicheck would have won two or three Superbowls by now if he was the HC of this team. 

Like he did with the Browns?

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s too soon for fire DQ threads. But then again that’s TATF after loss.

Like we didn't play the Colts in their house and lose by 3

5 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

If we get rid of Quinn it would more then likely be at the end of the year. I'm not a cap wiz but I think we're stuck with these players unless we unless we trade for picks. This team is stacked with talent, with a few moves and the right leadership this is a Superbowl caliber squad. 

You are right, we are stuck with these players. So any discussion about them is mood since they will still be here come 2020.

Since DQ adds nothing to offense or special teams (and he even admitted as such), any new regime can do only better. The question is if we could find a coach that could work with our players on defense. Considering that this defense looks even worse than Mike Smiths defense in 2013/14, when we really had next to zero talent on D, I would gladly take my chances with someone else to get something out of these players.

25 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If Quinn was fired today, does anyone think an immediate replacement on the team (Koetter? Sutton?) already could take over and still get us to the SuperBowl this year?

If Quinn was fired later but during this season (maybe during the bye week 9), does anyone think a replacement could get us to the SuperBowl this year or next year?

If Quinn was fired after the end of the season, it would almost likely be an outside guy who might keep the team's core but would he get us to the SuperBowl next year or need more years?

If Quinn was fired, would a breakup of the team's core even be possible with the contracts to Ryan, Julio, Grady, Matthews, etc.  Simply, would it be very difficult for a new coach to rebuild quickly?

I am not saying I support Quinn's current record but is our best option right now to hope he can turn things around quickly?

Depends  on who you replace him with.

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Like he did with the Browns?

Like we didn't play the Colts in their house and lose by 3

He's been the head coach of arguably the greatest dynasty in sports history and still going strong. What's your point?

Earliest possible SuperBowl winning seasons-

2019/20 - If we keep Quinn and have a miraculous turnaround (is this just a lack of preseason thing?)

2020/21 - Fire Quinn and a coach on the staff already replaces him

2021/22 - Fire Quinn and bring in new HC that likes Ryan and current offense and can live with most of defense

2022/23 - Fire Quinn and bring in new HC that likes Ryan/current offense but must have his defense

2023/24 - Fire Quinn and bring in new HC that wants total rebuild-Ryan/Julio gone

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

My point is using him as a benchmark is ******* stupid.

It's not about that. Quinn has consistently lacked ability since 2015 to make this team focused and disciplined. He's a great speaker and talent evaluator but the buck stops there. It's merely an example that you need a HC that can adjust and keep his guys in check at all times.

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s too soon for fire DQ threads. But then again that’s TATF after loss.

It's actually far too late. I was calling for it last year, before I re-joined the boards. But I was pretty vociferous about my disdain for this coaching staff in the off season. The Clown shoe Carnival Carousel of firing every coordinator, then bringing back failed/fired past mistakes was a clear indication of dysfunctional ineptitude and scapegoating by Quinn.