JG2008

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is

82 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2019 at 4:23 PM, JG2008 said:

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is Dan Quinn and his main staff. You can take a bunch of sales superstars and have them managed by incompetent managers and an idiot CEO and they will not perform at the high level they are capable of As a team and the company will suffer and their competitors will beat them.

Thats the Falcons— absolutely loaded with high level talent but they are managed by a bunch of incompetent coaches/managers. The wrong people are telling them what to do , when to do it and how to do it.  

Embrace the SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all went downhill from that moment!

Edited by lostnmexico

On 9/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, MilleniumFalcon said:

Bill Belichick would have this team going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl. This brotherhood rah rah approach isn't working. You need a disciplinarian like Belichick.

Not just that. He runs his program. He knows how to coach. 

On 9/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, MilleniumFalcon said:

Bill Belichick would have this team going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl. This brotherhood rah rah approach isn't working. You need a disciplinarian like Belichick.

Do you think Blank could convince Belichick to leave New England and come down South to Atlanta to win a few more Rings? **** while he is at it, just Trade for Tom Brady too????

I’d also like to add that Brissett only completed 5 passes of that traveled at least 10 yards in the air. Those kind of games you can’t have all the mistakes and penalties they made. How many 1st Downs did they give them due to penalty? 

JDaveG and TheTrue7 like this

On 9/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, schwarzenegger321 said:

Fifteen penalties and the first half of today’s game make it obvious.

But we have brotherhood and lots of music during practice.  That’s good for a couple of wins!  Right?!?!

I'm done with Quinn tbh. No backbone.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m not done yet. But I don’t blame anyone who is done. Today was one of the most frustrating games that I can remember in a while

I disagree...the Vikings game was way more frustrating for me!

1 hour ago, lostnmexico said:

Embrace the SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all went downhill from that moment!

What drive you nuts is next week they will win.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, etherdome said:

Who are the five star talents on this team?

Julio Jones

Four star talents:  Matt Ryan, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones

Three star talents:  Alex Mack (age is taking its toll), Jake Matthews, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Devonta Freeman (meh), Mohamed Sanu, Matt Bryant

Let's face it, the off season hype is fun, but we don't have great talent where it matters:  THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Perhaps our young OL will someday become four star, but for now, it is decidedly mediocre.  The same goes for our DL.  And our over-paid secondary is not scaring anyone.    

We do have a coaching problem, but the narrative that we have superior talent only being held back by the coaching staff isn't realistic.  This is the NFL, and every team has talented players.

To be successful, you need players who outperform their contracts.  (This was the case in 2016.)  For example, Julio is the best WR in football in my opinion, but he also is being paid the most.  When you max out players as we've had to since the Super Bowl, you need your less expensive players to ball out in order to have a competitive advantage.

We haven't drafted well enough or been smart enough in free agency to claim a clear talent advantage over the top echelon teams. 

There are very few players on this roster that are more productive than they are expensive - maybe Kazee?

Not the same game obviously, but look at the blend of young and experienced talent on the Braves.  They have All-Stars like (Freddie) Freeman and youth like Acuna and Albies.  Their free agents, like Donaldson and Kuechle, are out-performing their contracts.  Also, they don't have obvious holes at any position.  They are not only well-coached, but they are just better than most teams in MLB.

It's the narrative that we have superior talent on the Falcons, just a coaching problem, which would leave us in a situation where if we fire the coach only this year, will have us firing another one in a few more years.  

If we have a mediocre record this year, we need to look at both the coach and the GM.

vitaman and FalconsIn2012 like this

On 9/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Talent is there. Discipline is not. Smitty would win with this roster. Can’t believe I’m saying that.... @Vandy

<cough cough>

papachaz likes this

I am not one for the sky is falling, especially after the first three games. I feel like issues are the OL needs time to gel. Matt and Koetter need time to get comfortable again, and Quinn needs time to get the hang of running the team and the defense. In the Vikings game, the announcers mentioned Zimmer saying how it took time to get comfortable being the HC and calling the defense  

If by mid season we are still having these issues, then I might get on board that DQ isn’t the man for the job. 

TheTrue7 and falconsd56 like this

On 9/22/2019 at 4:23 PM, JG2008 said:

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is Dan Quinn and his main staff. You can take a bunch of sales superstars and have them managed by incompetent managers and an idiot CEO and they will not perform at the high level they are capable of As a team and the company will suffer and their competitors will beat them.

Thats the Falcons— absolutely loaded with high level talent but they are managed by a bunch of incompetent coaches/managers. The wrong people are telling them what to do , when to do it and how to do it.  

The team has 5 star talent offensively, but not defensively.  Defense has and remains to be the Falcons problem.  But now we have Koetter coming back screwing up a dynamic offense because he's "learning" how to use everyone.  WTH happened to all the off season film study to learn what the Falcons were doing offensively before his return?  This offense looks nothing like what we were previously running.  It's apparent to me that Koetter is going to call what he wants to call--his offense.

Just curious but who exactly is the 5 star talent?

Julio, Matt (although he doesn’t look it right now), and I’d say Grady...

Edit: and I’d throw Mack in there.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Da_Truth likes this

On 9/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, stizz said:

Shut up. Atlanta is a top ten city across the board. An NFL team would never leave.

We'll fire the head coach and your tears will dry up.

Top ten city? Bottom ten city when it comes to pro sports though... Don't believe me? Just go to the Atlanta Journal Constitution sports page... After you scroll down past the first six high school football articles you might come across a pro sports article... 

Oh, and did I say they lost a pro hockey team? Two times?!!! 

Nuff said... 

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I would also say Trufant

26 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would also say Trufant

Say what now? Let's not be a nut hugger ok?  But then again, maybe you do see him this way. :lol::lol:

27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would also say Trufant

Ehh I’ve been lukewarm on Tru throughout most of his career even though he’s been our best corner, but he’s been outstanding so far this season.

5 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Ehh I’ve been lukewarm on Tru throughout most of his career even though he’s been our best corner, but he’s been outstanding so far this season.

He would be the best corner on alot of teams.

Had he gotten half of his dropped interceptions then he would get alot more love for his ability.

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Guess it depends on what you deem 5 star...but yeah.  Matt/Julio/Mack are the only 5 star in my book.  4 star would be the Grady's, Ridley's, Debo's, Trufant's of the world.  I think true elite talent, we are limited to those top 3 and probably just Matt and Julio right now.  We also have a lot of 3's and 4's though...

1 hour ago, athell said:

Guess it depends on what you deem 5 star...but yeah.  Matt/Julio/Mack are the only 5 star in my book.  4 star would be the Grady's, Ridley's, Debo's, Trufant's of the world.  I think true elite talent, we are limited to those top 3 and probably just Matt and Julio right now.  We also have a lot of 3's and 4's though...

Agreed. To me, 5 star would need to be too 10-15 at your position at minimum. 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan’s awful pick contributed to this loss though man. It was in the red zone. A TD there could given us the win. Ryan needs to be held accountable just as much as anyone else. He’s been a very average QB so far this season. He’s made a lot of very costly turnovers that are 100% on him

I am a huge Matt Ryan fan, but 6 int's through 3 games is not cutting it. He's done some great things, but he must cut down on the turnovers...

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I am a huge Matt Ryan fan, but 6 int's through 3 games is not cutting it. He's done some great things, but he must cut down on the turnovers...

Everyone needs to do better with the exception of the receivers. IMO Julio, Sanu, and Ridley are beasts right now. Everyone else, players and coaches, can do better

Boise Falcon Fan likes this