JG2008

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is

82 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan’s awful pick contributed to this loss though man. It was in the red zone. A TD there could given us the win. Ryan needs to be held accountable just as much as anyone else. He’s been a very average QB so far this season. He’s made a lot of very costly turnovers that are 100% on him

Correct and the Falcons could've made a comeback against the Vikings if not for those INT's Ryan threw and Freeman's fumble in the red zone.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

I am not arguing that the defense was bad this week but what factor caused it to be bad this week versus good last week?

Again.  Eagles offense was very banged up.

How about the defensive coordinator?

So that’s 2 games where they looked like they had no clue what they were doing out there.

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Talent is there. Discipline is not. Smitty would win with this roster. Can’t believe I’m saying that.... @Vandy

Thought the same thing bro.  And I don't want to be, and am not, that reactionary fan guy but Quinn has to go.  Continuously out coached, his teams are undisciplined, and he seems like the moments are too big for him.

Coupled with the fact that this defensive genius continues to fail on the defensive side of the ball.  I'm done with him.  Save your coach speak and cliches for your exit interview.

1 minute ago, athell said:

....and he seems like the moments are too big for him.

He had to hire an assistant to help him decide whether to call timeouts or help with other time management.  I don’t know how anyone thought, if he couldn’t handle calling a time out as a head coach, how he was going to be able to handle everything that goes into running the defense and being the head coach.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Thought the same thing bro.  And I don't want to be, and am not, that reactionary fan guy but Quinn has to go.  Continuously out coached, his teams are undisciplined, and he seems like the moments are too big for him.

Coupled with the fact that this defensive genius continues to fail on the defensive side of the ball.  I'm done with him.  Save your coach speak and cliches for your exit interview.

I’m not done yet. But I don’t blame anyone who is done. Today was one of the most frustrating games that I can remember in a while

athell, Schwarzwald and Peteshweddy like this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’m not done yet. But I don’t blame anyone who is done. Today was one of the most frustrating games that I can remember in a while

I'm just at the point where if he can't deliver a top 10 defense, what's the point?  That's literally the only thing he's supposed to be good at...and this defense continues to underperform.

Frustrating.  So so frustrating.  I like Quinn, he seems like a great guy and the players love him, but as a hc/dc he has clearly missed the mark.  Which is crazy to say about a sb coach, but that was Shanny.  Pry him away from San Fran imho.  (It'll never happen I know...sigh)

3 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm just at the point where if he can't deliver a top 10 defense, what's the point?  That's literally the only thing he's supposed to be good at...and this defense continues to underperform.

Frustrating.  So so frustrating.  I like Quinn, he seems like a great guy and the players love him, but as a hc/dc he has clearly missed the mark.  Which is crazy to say about a sb coach, but that was Shanny.  Pry him away from San Fran imho.  (It'll never happen I know...sigh)

Bro! I would trade two 1st’s for him to be our HC tomorrow 

athell likes this

Everyone talks about all the experience we got in the front office and coaching staff, but really, we are loaded with a bunch of NFL rejects that needed a job. McKay is a moron and has no backbone. TD is too busy covering his own butt. Quinn is soft and has no backbone. No one stands up for our team when it comes to the refs or the league. 

Dirk and Mularkey both are not good offensive minds. They were both vanilla and terrible when they were here. Same idea, we call the shots till it's almost to late , then hope Matt can bring us back in the end, but never got a defense. 

Shanahan was the first only true offensive coordinator Matt Ryan has ever had. We could have made him the head coach or replace him. A lot of misplaced credit went to Quinn for us being in the SB. Then when we try to replace him, we avoided the obvious replacement in Lafleur. The guy deserved a shot. 

But that's not either here nor there. Bad defense and penalties cost us this game.

1 hour ago, *TMo* said:

They Atlanta Falcons have had eighteen head coaches. Why would one think one more would help?

The Eagles have had 22 coaches and they won the SB just a couple years ago.  Good thing for them that they didn't give up after coach #21.

All but a few teams have had a lot of coaches.

Edited by JeffAtl
*TMo* likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan’s awful pick contributed to this loss though man. It was in the red zone. A TD there could given us the win. Ryan needs to be held accountable just as much as anyone else. He’s been a very average QB so far this season. He’s made a lot of very costly turnovers that are 100% on him

Yeah man you are probably right. Just so frustrated with this game 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Quinn may be good enough to be a head coach but I would say he is in the bottom half of the league. The only reason he temporarily rose was an offense run by Kyle Shanahan. 

While Shanahan’s playcalling in the 4th Qtr was out of line Quinn was the ultimate final decision maker in the SB so ultimately he made the wrong decisions near the end of the 4th Qtr at after the Julio catch that put us in FG range

Once Shannahan left this team has never been the same because it was Shannahan’s Offense that made Quinn look good and Quinn without Shannahan is just average at best

Edited by JG2008

It ain’t just penalties. @PeytonMannings Forehead was basically live tweeting this in the game day thread and I was saying the same thing after the Vikings game. This defense doesn’t do the basic things right. They don’t contain. They aren’t disciplined in their run fits. They don’t stay home in zone and they are slow to react in man. 

The good news is all that is fixable. The bad news is the guy responsible for fixing it keeps talking about execution. 

Also, after a slow start, the offense looked really good. Too many penalties, but they’re going to be fine. Koetter isn’t the problem. Not by a long shot. 

Peteshweddy likes this

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

It ain’t just penalties. @PeytonMannings Forehead was basically live tweeting this in the game day thread and I was saying the same thing after the Vikings game. This defense doesn’t do the basic things right. They don’t contain. They aren’t disciplined in their run fits. They don’t stay home in zone and they are slow to react in man. 

The good news is all that is fixable. The bad news is the guy responsible for fixing it keeps talking about execution. 

This is an entirely different defense at home. And the guy responsible for fixing is also the HC and his seat is getting warmer. 

Schwarzwald and JDaveG like this

I wouldn’t call the Falcons loaded. They have some high end talents on the team sure. However, this team also has guys who have real consistency issues too. Along with the coaching, it’s one of the reason why the team is so Jekyll and Hyde. 

20 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Bill Belichick would have this team going 15-1 and winning the Super Bowl. This brotherhood rah rah approach isn't working. You need a disciplinarian like Belichick.

Tom Coughlin?!?

The better the team appears on paper the worse it seems to perform on the field. Theres no excuse for what has transpired for the past three weeks. It's a joke. It's embarrassing. 

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

There was one play where Oliver was lined up he let his guy run past him, 5 yards at least , before the light clocked on and he was like OH crap....Too late Qb hit him. I mean...it's quinn.  We have a supervisor out here on the floor that works out here I plan and schedule our plant and I have written many SOP's and  he knows his people need to do these things. But he NEVER hold them accountable. He just says stuff (when he gets busted ) Well I been telling them they need to wear their Safety Equipment but they wont listen.  Do you ever write them up.....NOOOOO it's like he just wants to come in a draw a paycheck and never have to deal with the people he's responsible for.

JDaveG likes this

Brotherhood...Rise Up...rear view mirror.... reset......Those are just words. Show me.

Just like Extreme said...More than Words ..dude

This seems like a pity party thread, so I'll contribute mine.

The sad part is the OL has actually stood up pretty well the past 2 games and we are still struggling to put up points.  This is especially the case early in games.

12 hours ago, JDaveG said:

@PeytonMannings Forehead

JDaveG and Vandy like this