JG2008

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is

82 posts in this topic

This team is loaded with 5 star talent - it’s obvious the problem is Dan Quinn and his main staff. You can take a bunch of sales superstars and have them managed by incompetent managers and an idiot CEO and they will not perform at the high level they are capable of As a team and the company will suffer and their competitors will beat them.

Thats the Falcons— absolutely loaded with high level talent but they are managed by a bunch of incompetent coaches/managers. The wrong people are telling them what to do , when to do it and how to do it.  

Edited by JG2008

They Atlanta Falcons have had eighteen head coaches. Why would one think one more would help? Please get out of Atlanta, move to Oakland, Albuquerque, Austin, San Antonio, etc... I don't care where, just get out of Atlanta. This is not fair to your fans. Just back up the trucks to Flowery Branch, pack up and leave. Get out.

3 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

They Atlanta Falcons have had eighteen head coaches. Why would one think one more would help? Please get out of Atlanta, move to Oakland, Albuquerque, Austin, San Antonio, etc... I don't care where, just get out of Atlanta. This is not fair to your fans. Just back up the trucks to Flowery Branch, pack up and leave. Get out.

Shut up. Atlanta is a top ten city across the board. An NFL team would never leave.

We'll fire the head coach and your tears will dry up.

9 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Well, you won’t get much arguments with this statement.

Why was everybody in love with this defense last week after our win against the Eagles but hating it now?

What changed?

11 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Idk who would be better than Quinn.

13 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Why was everybody in love with this defense last week after our win against the Eagles but hating it now?

What changed?

Because the defense didn’t look lost and confused.  They also didn’t commit 10+ penalties. This game, coupled with the Minnesota game, likely show that last week as an exception to the rule.

Ryan had that awful pick, but looked fine otherwise.

This falls on the coaching staff. Penalties and lack of discipline cost us again today. 2 drives extended because of penalties. Inexcusable 

JDaveG and Flying Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

Because the defense didn’t look lost and confused.  They also didn’t commit 10+ penalties. This game, coupled with the Minnesota game, likely show that last week as an exception to the rule.

You are looking at the results of the defense not the things causing them -

was it because we changed players? coaches? location? playcalling? referee squad? opponent? time of day? open/closed roof?

Who are the five star talents on this team?

Julio Jones

Four star talents:  Matt Ryan, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones

Three star talents:  Alex Mack (age is taking its toll), Jake Matthews, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Devonta Freeman (meh), Mohamed Sanu, Matt Bryant

Let's face it, the off season hype is fun, but we don't have great talent where it matters:  THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Perhaps our young OL will someday become four star, but for now, it is decidedly mediocre.  The same goes for our DL.  And our over-paid secondary is not scaring anyone.    

17 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

What changed?

There were elements of that game that Quinn showed that many thought we would build off of, but instead we respected Jacoby Brissett and played scared zone football.

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ryan had that awful pick, but looked fine otherwise.

This falls on the coaching staff. Penalties and lack of discipline cost us again today. 2 drives extended because of penalties. Inexcusable 

Ryan’s awful pick contributed to this loss though man. It was in the red zone. A TD there could given us the win. Ryan needs to be held accountable just as much as anyone else. He’s been a very average QB so far this season. He’s made a lot of very costly turnovers that are 100% on him

Emmitt, Chaz, Flying Falcon and 1 other like this

20 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

What changed?

The other team punted ONCE.

They have one good WR and they were out most of the 2nd half but it didn’t matter.

Out of 3 games the defense looked decent once and even then the Eagles offense was seriously banged up.

Emmitt likes this

13 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

You are looking at the results of the defense not the things causing them -

was it because we changed players? coaches? location? playcalling? referee squad? opponent? time of day? open/closed roof?

No idea.  It’s why I excel at my job and am not a ****** football coach.  I would make an awful coach because I never studied how to become a coach. 

You know what else I can’t do?  I can’t tell you what ingredients are missing, if the kitchen staff or kitchen equipment are to blame, or if it was improperly cooked.  What I can tell you is if the end result of a meal sucked or not.

Or how about this. Quinn had to hire an assistant to help him know when to call timeouts or not.  He couldn’t manage that task alone while being HC.  And no he’s going to manage the entire defense while serving as HC?

This football team sucks right now.

JetJones11 likes this

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Who are the five star talents on this team?

Julio Jones

Four star talents:  Matt Ryan, Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones

Three star talents:  Alex Mack, Jake Matthews, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Devonta Freeman (meh), Mohamed Sanu, Matt Bryant

Let's face it, the off season hype is fun, but we don't have great talent where it matters:  THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

Perhaps our young OL will someday become four star, but for now, it is decidedly mediocre.  The same goes for our DL.  And our over-paid secondary is not scaring anyone.    

McGary is a hoss...love him

Lindstrom will be a hoss...

Mack is old but above average 

Brown is actually pretty solid and serviceable.  I like what he has provided as with Carpenter.

Never cared for Jake Matthews

The line has played well so far.  Matt has been kept upright.  I don’t believe he was sacked today and they opened holes for Freeman.

Emmitt likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan’s awful pick contributed to this loss though man. It was in the red zone. A TD there could given us the win. Ryan needs to be held accountable just as much as anyone else. He’s been a very average QB so far this season. He’s made a lot of very costly turnovers that are 100% on him

I can’t disagree with this at all. Granted, he did come back out on fire with an amazing 2nd half, but again, coming into the game unprepared early on (like the Vikings again) came back to bite us in the end after our late surge. That’s 100% coaching right there.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The other team punted ONCE.

They have one good WR and they were out most of the 2nd half but it didn’t matter.

Out of 3 games the defense looked decent once and even then the Eagles offense was seriously banged up.

I am not arguing that the defense was bad this week but what factor caused it to be bad this week versus good last week?