Club212

OK...What candidates are out there for Head Coach?

53 posts in this topic

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Which is why I've said the ownership is part of the problem in Atlanta. Blank is a nice guy. Too nice. Quinn has done NOTHING to warrant any loyalty. The man is literally causing great talent here to waste years.

Disagree. Blank has seen a championship and the rocking stadium and only had to wait 2 years with United. I think he's coming closer to being impatient with the Falcons.

1981falcsny likes this

Just now, RubberDucky said:

We need an offensive minded coach that can formulate a way to maximize the incredible amount of talent we have on that side of the ball. This team shouldnt be scoring less than 30 PPG.

No we need a universal minded coach who knows how to keep control of his team when times are good and bad... Prime example Quinn should have never called a timeout in the first quarter just stupid

1981falcsny likes this

Just now, Jesus said:

Nah.

The talent is here and locked up with good contracts. Someone needs to find a way to make it work.

Too much locked up in two players, both of whom are over 30, and neither of which can realistically be restructured, traded, or cut. This gives our new coaches and front office too little flexibility in building a winning team.

ATTENTION all bandwagon falcons fan (which is 85% of all posters on this board) I'm looking for 2 falcons tickets for the remaining home games for this year. How is it a coaches fault that his players get flagged during the game? Why is Matt Ryan still throwing into double coverages? Firing Quinn would be the stupidest thing the falcons could do since Reeves got canned. I know we will still win the south and can go and win a SB with this team. On a sad note the easiest decision this team will make will be letting O'neal walk due to injuries. That's the real loss today nobody seems to care about. For real let me get them tickets!!!!!!

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dq 2.0?

Dude is responsible for the LOB and has Dallas secondary playing lights out.

5 minutes ago, Atownbound said:

ATTENTION all bandwagon falcons fan (which is 85% of all posters on this board) I'm looking for 2 falcons tickets for the remaining home games for this year. How is it a coaches fault that his players get flagged during the game? Why is Matt Ryan still throwing into double coverages? Firing Quinn would be the stupidest thing the falcons could do since Reeves got canned. I know we will still win the south and can go and win a SB with this team. On a sad note the easiest decision this team will make will be letting O'neal walk due to injuries. That's the real loss today nobody seems to care about. For real let me get them tickets!!!!!!

Why would anyone give a pathetic beggar free tickets?

21 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

No. This is dry, bland, boring, excruciating-to-watch, dishwater dull ineptitude.

Will agree with the excruciating to watch. 

43 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

The Atlanta Falcons have had eighteen head coaches. Why would one think one more would be any better?

Why? Because we got decimated by a former third string QB.

58 minutes ago, Club212 said:

Blow it up now....16 Penalties, leading the league in Penalties....1-11 vs AFC...& we have any HOPE for change with DQ??? Please list all thoughts on the next HC for this team...maybe SABEN wants to try the NFL again???

I'm not against a coaching change, just not crazy about saban. 

Did some people forget the Colts punted ONCE???  OUR DC can't do one job, let alone 2.....MM at least had excuses with 3 starters out & lost more during last season....2 TD's today were totally BLOWN coverages...personal penalty...how many times we call timeouts on not being ready...3 games, some say its still early? you don't fix a horror show that's trending down with a tough schedule...

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Firing Quinn will not do any good unless Dimitroff is also fired and we hire a no-nonsense football man to hire the new coach, Otherwise, we will just hire another guy with a gimmick.

TD put a team together that was so talented that even Quinn was able to take them to the superbowl and a 25 pt lead.

Let that sink in.

As bad of a coach that we now know that Quinn is, TD should probably get Nobel Prize or Fields Medal for putting together a team so talented that it took Quinn all the way until the final seconds of the SB to mess it up.

Edited by JeffAtl

20 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

Maybe give Mike McCarthy a shot this 

If they decide to get rid of Quinn, this might be a decent decision. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Dimitroff has put a top 5 talent roster on the field. Not his fault that loser Dan Quinn cares more about cool tshirt sayings than motivating and disciplining his defense.

Who was the GM in charge when Quinn was hired? We need a GM strong enough to make the hire, not Blank, not consulting firm. And not based on gimmicks or finesse or genius, but on solid execution of the principles of the sport.