What grinds my gear?

BirdGangATL

Is that why don’t the coaching staff see Ryan excels with no huddle and fast tempo offense?

2nd half Ryan probably had a 158.3 passer rating because we played with urgency!  Why can’t we start all games like this instead of feeling out the defense? 

Also, taking Julio out on running plays are stupid!  The defense knows it’s a running play!  Just let Julio stay on the field! 

Even worse to me when in doubt he’ll run the whole **** offense through Julio Jones.They say don’t force it too him but that’s exactly what they do when under pressure.

I’d seriously continue moving him around and every snap he’s on the field he’s option 1A or 1B.

18 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Even worse to me when in doubt he’ll run the whole **** offense through Julio Jones.They say don’t force it too him but that’s exactly what they do when under pressure.

I’d seriously continue moving him around and every snap he’s on the field he’s option 1A or 1B.

When we are sluggish, I am always a proponent of putting Julio in the slot.  He takes more hits but can’t be guarded in the slot.  The quick slant is lethal

What's grinding my gears is how f****** Jacoby Brisset can take Quinn's defense and turn it into his bish. Everything Quinn's HC job is based on was his alleged mastery of the defensive side of the football. That was our problem when he got here. Instead we've seen some of the most sloppy, inept, fundamentally dysfunctional defense I've ever witnessed (aside from the Mike Nolan No Clue Defense). Quinn clearly doesn't know what he's doing as a HC and now I'm having very serious doubts he has much of a clue about being a DC. At least the way the game has evolved over the last few years. It seems to have left him clueless.

This D is so inconsistent, they look like a freaking clown show every other game they play. They make washed-up journeyman and raw rookie QB's look like the second coming of Joe Namath. This s*** can't go on much longer because if it does that great big beautiful domed amusement park will become virtually empty on game day. Atlanta fans will hop off the bandwagon faster than you can say Rise Up.

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

What's grinding my gears is how f****** Jacoby Brisset can take Quinn's defense and turn it into his bish. Everything Quinn's HC job is based on was his alleged mastery of the defensive side of the football. That was our problem when he got here. Instead we've seen some of the most sloppy, inept, fundamentally dysfunctional defense I've ever witnessed (aside from the Mike Nolan No Clue Defense). Quinn clearly doesn't know what he's doing as a HC and now I'm having very serious doubts he has much of a clue about being a DC. At least the way the game has evolved over the last few years. It seems to have left him clueless.

This D is so inconsistent, they look like a freaking clown show every other game they play. They make washed-up journeyman and raw rookie QB's look like the second coming of Joe Namath. This s*** can't go on much longer because if it does that great big beautiful domed amusement park will become virtually empty on game day. Atlanta fans will hop off the bandwagon faster than you can say Rise Up.

I mean I somewhat agree, but c'mon it is not just Dan Quinn's defense that has had this happen to them. I mean Geno Smith looked like a GAWD against us and that wasn't against Dan Quinn's defense. Plenty of other rookie/beginner QB's starting against us have looked amazing before Dan Quinn got here that I cannot remember on a Monday morning and I apologize for.

What I am getting at is not defending Dan Quinn, but showing how its an organizational fault moreso than 1 Head Coach.

5 minutes ago, emc008 said:

I mean I somewhat agree, but c'mon it is not just Dan Quinn's defense that has had this happen to them. I mean Geno Smith looked like a GAWD against us and that wasn't against Dan Quinn's defense. Plenty of other rookie/beginner QB's starting against us have looked amazing before Dan Quinn got here that I cannot remember on a Monday morning and I apologize for.

What I am getting at is not defending Dan Quinn, but showing how its an organizational fault moreso than 1 Head Coach.

Absolutely no denying this ball club has had serious issues on defense before Quinn. But since he's arrived, that **** was supposed to be over. Done with. Resolved for us by the defensive guru with the SB ring. So whatever was happening before he got here is just not relevant now. He's been here five years and his defense is pitiful.

19 hours ago, BirdGangATL said:

Is that why don’t the coaching staff see Ryan excels with no huddle and fast tempo offense?

2nd half Ryan probably had a 158.3 passer rating because we played with urgency!  Why can’t we start all games like this instead of feeling out the defense? 

Also, taking Julio out on running plays are stupid!  The defense knows it’s a running play!  Just let Julio stay on the field! 

Yet, Julio and Matt still made them pay on 3rd down.  IMO coaches will always monitor Julio's snap.

56 minutes ago, The Great American said:

What grinds my gears is the friggin ref that threw a flag when an injured player removed his helmet in pain.  Where's the compassion?   NFL games are over-officiated!!   

What grinds my gears is that Quinn didn't lose his mind in that situation. I know it's not been his M.O. to show lots of emotion on the sideline, but he likely would have earned quite a bit of favor with the team of he had given the refs an ear full...even to the point of ejection.

What grinds my gears is that it seems every time Julio makes a great catch he's on the sideline for the next play.  Why the heck do you take the most talent receiver out of the game when he's having success?  He can rest after we score.  Is his body that messed up that he can stay in the game?  

11 minutes ago, chronob said:

What grinds my gears is that it seems every time Julio makes a great catch he's on the sideline for the next play.  Why the heck do you take the most talent receiver out of the game when he's having success?  He can rest after we score.  Is his body that messed up that he can stay in the game?  

I would love to see his "snaps played" over the last 3 yrs.i bet it's way lower compared to the other top 20 wrs.

Julio takes himself out and the team endorses it. When you look at his snap count, it is not in the same class as other elite receivers. His efficiency (catches per snap) is out of the world. He has a mechanical toe that requires some sort of procedure every off season. To put it in baseball terms...he is on a pitch count. 

21 hours ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

They are Vanilla on offense and defense! Easy to scheme for! Tony Dungy said it!!!!

Sooo true . My 10 year old now can call Falcons plays who the ball will go to.....when they line up in certain formations.

Defense nothing exotic.

Offense Julio(3rd downs mainly) ,  Hooper(Mr.Checkdown target), Stocker(Red Zone for INT ) , Ridley & Sanu (desperation)