ryantlanta

Not going to lie Sark was better than Koetter

239 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

I think Julio has such unique speed that their lack of work/reps together during the offseason/preseason has a carryover effect into the regular season.  Julio doesn’t need the work, but Ryan does.  Nobody can replicate Julio in practice

I can understand that but still, at the end of the day Mahomes or someone with that arm strength is probably hitting Julio in stride.

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Neither was Sark but he got the blame anyway.

Julio doesn’t practice? And I they get together and throw in the off-season —- not this year with the injury but Matt usually has his little camp where they get work in.

Eh, we got a TD a couple plays later.

I’m more frustrated by Matt tunneling on his first read and missing Julio on the right side earlier in the game.

29 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ryan has great touch to deep to everyone.....But Julio. It is weird

17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It is the weirdest thing that I've ever seen. We have seen him hit everybody in stride except for Julio.

I wonder how much of it is with Julio and Ryan playing directly in the regular season. I know DQ loves to down play preseason. Last year it took few weeks to get going with Julio.

6 minutes ago, Precyse said:

25 points should win you a game 

It’s more the way they get to 25 points - completely ineffective for a long stretches, turnovers, putting the defence on the field a lot (look at how many plays the Colts ran in the first half) and then a furious comeback against soft defences sitting on leads. I’m not impressed with 25 points under those circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Jake Matthews has looked bad all year.

OL has looked good 2 games in a row. Got run game going today too.

Ryan was BARELY TOUCHED today.

Those holding penalties are drive killers.  

53 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

It’s more the way they get to 25 points - completely ineffective for a long stretches, turnovers, putting the defence on the field a lot (look at how many plays the Colts ran in the first half) and then a furious comeback against soft defences sitting on leads. I’m not impressed with 25 points under those circumstances. 

They had the ball 20 minutes to our 9. That was the superbowl all over again

EpicBird likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

It happens. OL did enough to win today had the D showed up outside of 1 drive.

The hold that pushed us out of FG range was on a strange decision to do a draw with Ito out of shotgun on 3rd & 5. We should be throwing on that D&D.

I’m more concerned with Ryan’s INTs so far than the OL.

Have you seen how few times Ryan has been hit past two weeks?

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah I know that, but the critique is the same. Matt is off.

Besides the interception to Sanu, it looks like all of them came from throwing too high. Three games in a row now where we're saying Ryan is off and he'll be fine if he cuts down on the interceptions. He really needs to stop throwing them. Falcons have a chance to come back against the Vikings if not for the INT's and against the Colts if not for the INT.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Koetter isn’t the issue. Ryan and penalties are

Really? Please elaborate on the Ryan part. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Well, you already know what I think of dude 

And I have stated my dislike as well. I dislike his offensive philosophies greatly. High risk/high reward vertical-driven and a strong aversion to a smash mouth running game. 

Min not sure why we even kept Hil and illusion on roster. Neither have been activated all season.

Knight of God and No.11 like this

18 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Besides the interception to Sanu, it looks like all of them came from throwing too high. Three games in a row now where we're saying Ryan is off and he'll be fine if he cuts down on the interceptions. He really needs to stop throwing them. Falcons have a chance to come back against the Vikings if not for the INT's and against the Colts if not for the INT.

He is throwing into bracket coverage on most of his INT’s.  Almost like he decides pre snap and doesn’t actually go through his progressions.  They are clear mental mistakes

MilleniumFalcon likes this

21 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Really? Please elaborate on the Ryan part. 

Koetter is the king it yards with no points.

Where is the pre-snap motion or window dressing to help Ryan?  That was a staple of our Shanny/Falcons Offense we supposedly were keeping.

Meanwhile in Detroit, Bevell, a WCO guy has rejuvenated the offense.  With way less talent, the Lions are undefeated and are ahead of us in most offensive metric.  People laughed at me for wanting Bevell.  But if we were keeping the Shanahan playbook, he was the most logical hire

MSalmon likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

The 2 holding calls on the falcons last drive were not even holding.  You can call holding on just about every play....but it is selectively called.

Just like PI and defensive holding.

The colts had very biases officiating today.

Hilton had CLEAR hands to the face to Oliver on an incomplete pass....no penalty

They never even showed the kazee replay that lead to a first down aftet a third down stop...on first glance though it was not holding.

The 3rd down and 12 where the colts receiver was down a good half a yard short.....not even a measurement....first down (Quinn should have challenged)

Freeman has a run close to the sticks?? They call for a measurement

I know the "undisciplined" buzz word is going to be thrown around all week...I get it...that is how things work around here after a loss.

this will always be my beef...what HC that just competed in the SB hires an OC that has never called plays in the NFL...AND THEN requires him to call an offense that's not his own? set up to fail...him and the team!!??

I don’t know about that, but I’m fairly confident you could get as much production out of this defensive personnel as Quinn. He is a train wreck. 

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

And I have stated my dislike as well. I dislike his offensive philosophies greatly. High risk/high reward vertical-driven and a strong aversion to a smash mouth running game. 

Min not sure why we even kept Hil and illusion on roster. Neither have been activated all season.

It’s stupid bro. At this point I am able to call every play just like last time

The Branch and falcons007 like this

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

In all 3 games this year, he’s thrown an interception in the red zone and all 3 times, the throw was 100% his fault 

Awfully hard to dispute this. 

Bigbenright likes this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, we got a TD a couple plays later.

I’m more frustrated by Matt tunneling on his first read and missing Julio on the right side earlier in the game.

He had that issue in Koetter's last stint in Atlanta.

4 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I really believe Julio could have scored on the 4th quarter catch down the sideline.. He literally had to stop and wait on the ball.. No one has mentioned that, but hit in stride.. Easy TD

I thought that was great ball placement.  He split the corner and the safety, who was already coming over to help.

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It happens. OL did enough to win today had the D showed up outside of 1 drive.

The hold that pushed us out of FG range was on a strange decision to do a draw with Ito out of shotgun on 3rd & 5. We should be throwing on that D&D.

I’m more concerned with Ryan’s INTs so far than the OL.

Have you seen how few times Ryan has been hit past two weeks?

The draw was a stupid play call. Do not force the run. Play with urgency.

Ryan played better under Sark, but was getting killed every game. Sark play calling would never beat the Eagles.

Schwarzwald likes this

3 minutes ago, No.11 said:

He had that issue in Koetter's last stint in Atlanta.

Yep. Why didn't they keep the WCO which suited Matt more?