ryantlanta

Not going to lie Sark was better than Koetter

239 posts in this topic

All of our guys are heavily blanketed when they catch the ball. At least Sark could get players open. Koetter isn't that much of an upgrade over Sark to where you shake up the offensive scheme again in a make or break year for Quinn. Sark showed improvement while having a terrible  OL and no Freeman.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Fair enough...Koetter shouldn’t be the excuse for anyone though. He isn’t the problem 

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Koetter isn’t the issue. Ryan and penalties are

I disagree to an extent.  The second half we saw that groove that Ryan used to get in with Koetter calling the plays.  But the plays are so one dimensional.  Nobody is running free through the secondary on passing plays, and maybe that’s just wishful thinking after having Boy Wonder and then seeing teams like KC, LA, NO, DAL, etc...

It’s a very belabored offense IMO where Matt has to do so much, rather than having an offense that just flows.  Maybe that’s just my personal view of it, but that’s what I see.

Jerz #Quinning and ryantlanta like this

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

I disagree to an extent.  The second half we saw that groove that Ryan used to get in with Koetter calling the plays.  But the plays are so one dimensional.  Nobody is running free through the secondary on passing plays, and maybe that’s just wishful thinking after having Boy Wonder and then seeing teams like KC, LA, NO, DAL, etc...

It’s a very belabored offense IMO where Matt has to do so much, rather than having an offense that just flows.  Maybe that’s just my personal view of it, but that’s what I see.

Offense looks really antiquated. We're winning off of talent alone.

15 minutes ago, The Architect said:

He's been pretty good at playcalling in my opinion. He comes on with a clear plan and makes solid adjustments.

And for this I will give him credit.  Sarkisian was not good at adjusting.  Dirk knows how to call plays and adjust.  It’s just that the plays he calls don’t always stretch the defense to where they have to cover more than they intend to.  

The Architect likes this

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The falcons had almost 400 yards, punted once from their end of the field and threw a pick in the redzone. 

Other than the turnover, the offense isnt the problem.

Offense has never been the problem.  You have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.  Before that you had Matt Ryan, Julio, Roddy and Tony.  Even before that The offense wasn’t the problem with Matt, Roddy, Michael Jenkins and Turner.

It’s the defense...It’s ALWAYS been the defense. 

I see receivers having to make incredible catches again. Outside of deep throws I don’t see a lot of YAC. As a function of the play calling maybe there’s a connection.

Edited by ant.accurate
KRUNKuno likes this

When the Falcons fired Sark I gave it to 4 weeks into the season before this thread would be made.  I said by week four that Falcon fans would be wishing for the good ole days of Sarkisian.   I was off by two weeks...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

24 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well, I say penalties over defense because the colts got 8 first downs off penalties 

That just feels like an excuse. Whether by penalties, busted coverages, being punched in the mouth the outcome is the same... our D simply doesn't get off the field... 

Just now, ramonezy said:

That just feels like an excuse. Whether by penalties, busted coverages, being punched in the mouth the outcome is the same... our D simply doesn't get off the field... 

Not using penalties as an excuse. The defense, at moments, looked ok. They shot themselves in the foot more than the Colts burned them is my point 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

I personally don’t think the focus should be on any of the OC’s Ryan has had. Let’s focus on him. Dude played great in the 2nd half but let’s talk about the horrible int he threw in the red zone. Game could have been tied or they would have had to score a td to win. 11 year vets should not make those kind of mistakes. If he played for another team I think a lot of ppl who defend him would call him trash. He’s not the sole reason they lost today by any means, but he’s not elevating his teammates. 

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

When the Falcons fired Sark I gave it to 4 weeks into the season before this thread would be made.  I said by week four that Falcon fans would be wishing for the good ole days of Sarkisian.   I was off by two weeks...:lol:

With that said atleast in this threat the majority aren't in agreement with it as we know we didn't want Sark and still don't want him lol.   Not many people will ever live up to shanny here as a OC it's just not gonna happen that easily.  But i still like Dirk better than Sark as our OC overall .

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not using penalties as an excuse. The defense, at moments, looked ok. They shot themselves in the foot more than the Colts burned them is my point 

I hear you man... but with this team that's always the case... there is always a scapegoat to give hope for another week and then same story. 

We'll probably crush the Rams and then go on to another middling 8-8 season with us looking forward to next season 

3 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

What incredibly stupid logic.

There is a vast and distinct difference between getting punched in the mouth and giving up a first down because of a penalty.

Especially when the penalties are questionable.

30 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Sark and even Shanahan got a warm-up season so we have to give Koetter at least some time but preseason might have been useful

So basically we’ll have offense on a leap year schedule.

20 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The falcons had almost 400 yards, punted once from their end of the field and threw a pick in the redzone. 

Other than the turnover, the offense isnt the problem.

True, if we played like we did in the 3rd and 4th quarters.. Minus the complete lack of concept in covering te's it probably would have been a easy victory.. The game plan we brought in the first half should be thrown out of the plane otw back to Atlanta 

Jesus likes this

Koetter didn't throw 6 interceptions (all 6 resulting in points for the other team). This team scores at least 20+ more points this season if not for those interceptions. Stop targeting Luke Stocker! 4 of the 6 interceptions come from targeting Stocker.

ramonezy likes this

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What incredibly stupid logic.

There is a vast and distinct difference between getting punched in the mouth and giving up a first down because of a penalty.

Especially when the penalties are questionable.

We did both... what game were you watching? Mack averaged almost 5 yards a carry, Brissett misses one pass for the 1st half. 

All excuses and I'm sick of making them... go and watch another "contender" and see if they put out a **** effort like what we just did. 

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Koetter didn't throw 6 interceptions (all 6 resulting in points for the other team). This team scores at least 20+ more points this season if not for those interceptions. Stop targeting Luke Stocker! 4 of the 6 interceptions come from targeting Stocker.

Agreed... we keep making excuses for players and blaming coaches. I saw some awful throws that 1st half and we don't have the defense to play from behind... simple. Not trolling, just speaking honestly 

1 minute ago, ramonezy said:

Agreed... we keep making excuses for players and blaming coaches. I saw some awful throws that 1st half and we don't have the defense to play from behind... simple. Not trolling, just speaking honestly 

Freeman also had a fumble in the redzone against the Vikings.