• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan you are a joke

How was he out coached? This is on the players more than any coach. A coach can’t stop Matt from throwing a pick in the red zone. Even with all the other issues that’s probably the game winner for us

Your gonna get confused against teams you don’t play much or no much about. It’s not like the colts could stop us. We ran up and down the field on them. The hard count got the line 3 times. That’s not

How was he out coached? This is on the players more than any coach. A coach can’t stop Matt from throwing a pick in the red zone. Even with all the other issues that’s probably the game winner for us because the colts converted that to a score. All the penalties. That’s players. And it’s not like the colts are a bad team. They were in the playoffs last year. We lost 24-27. Matt, the leader of our team, has thrown an int in scoring position in all 3 games this year. That one turnover is the difference. I do think quinn should’ve gone man to man sooner but I don’t believe he was out coached. The players made an abundant amount of mistakes. 16 penalties to the colts 4. 

15 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

Dan you are a joke

This is what I told my wife as the game was ending. We're a poorly coached team. They had a better playbook, better discipline, and better execution. All of which is a sign of poor coaching on our behalf, and great coaching on Indys behalf. 

Plus, we seem to like getting whooped by backup quarterbacks, so... 

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

How was he out coached? This is on the players more than any coach. A coach can’t stop Matt from throwing a pick in the red zone. Even with all the other issues that’s probably the game winner for us because the colts converted that to a score. All the penalties. That’s players. And it’s not like the colts are a bad team. They were in the playoffs last year. We lost 24-27. Matt, the leader of our team, has thrown an int in scoring position in all 3 games this year. That one turnover is the difference. I do think quinn should’ve gone man to man sooner but I don’t believe he was out coached. The players made an abundant amount of mistakes. 16 penalties to the colts 4. 

Something isn't translating from these practices fatboi. The tackling issues and losing assignments. The quality of practices are probably the problem. That falls on the coaching staff. I can understand if they were killing us with trick plays or exotic stuff but they weren't. They were looking confused on many possessions. That's excluding the penalties. 

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s was definitely a bad pas by Matt, but that wasn’t the reason we lost. They had drives of 93 and a 97 yards in the first half. They scored on every first half possession. Even if we were ahead we didnt slow them down at all on the last drive when we needed to and you think we keep them out of the end zone, debatable. The offense could have played better in the first half but the defense was absolutely the culprit this week along with penalties. 29

15 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

A few penalties you can pin on the players. 16 penalties is a reflection of poor overall discipline which is directly related to coaching. 

The defense he is overseeing also blew a crazy amount of assignments. Brissett looked like a HOFer. Today is on Quinn.

Falcons win this game if not for all those penalties, Ryan's INT didn't help matters but if not for all those penalties giving Brissett and their offense extended drives, the Falcons limit the Colts scoring. DQ needs to really work on penalties the rest of the season. You can't win games, gifting the offense free first downs.

26 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Something isn't translating from these practices fatboi. The tackling issues and losing assignments. The quality of practices are probably the problem. That falls on the coaching staff. I can understand if they were killing us with trick plays or exotic stuff but they weren't. They were looking confused on many possessions. That's excluding the penalties. 

Your gonna get confused against teams you don’t play much or no much about. It’s not like the colts could stop us. We ran up and down the field on them. The hard count got the line 3 times. That’s not coaching that’s players. You’re on the road. That has an effect. You’re gonna get looks that don’t show on tape from a team you rarely play. All that and they still only lost 24-27 on the road to a good team. Are we supposed to go 16-0? I would love to but it’s just not possible. You have a defense that’s been tweaked so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new coordinator so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new OL so there’s gonna be issues there. We don’t have the privilege of being cohesive like the patriots where Brady has played in one system his entire career and BB has been the only HC he’s had. There’s gonna be some brain farts and hiccups. I hate it and I get frustrated like any of you but I also understand football is a chess match and not just line up and play. There had to be some cohesion for a team to be more consistent. Only thing I can say is give them time. This is Quinn’s 5th season and there’s been some kind of turnover each year except for 2015 and 16 and that resulted in a SB appearance. Since then Smith was fired and Manuel became DC. KS left and became the 49ers HC and Sark became OC. Lafleur left when Kyle left. Sark and Manuel was fired and DK and DQ became the new coordinators. All that is change after change after change and it definitely had an effect on the team. I still think they get it together as the season progresses. Today was not going to be an easy game but it was a winnable game. 

49 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

As much as I disliked Mike Smith, at least the Falcons were near the top of the league in disciplined football and committing the fewest amount of penalties during his time as the coach.

I liked Smitty. But I grew tired of his coaching. I was glad to see him go. But I like him. Quinn I have never liked the hire. Yeah his win lose record is decent... but it’s staring to go In the not great area.

28-3!!!!! That is something we won’t live down. But this season and Quinn’s lack of prep is bothering me much more! I don’t care if he gets the boot today, tomorrow or end of the season. But next year he shouldn’t be here:

Dont kid ourselves; this team is going nowhere fast under Quinn!!! Hit the road Danny Boy!

4 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I liked Smitty. But I grew tired of his coaching. I was glad to see him go. But I like him. Quinn I have never liked the hire. Yeah his win lose record is decent... but it’s staring to go In the not great area.

28-3!!!!! That is something we won’t live down. But this season and Quinn’s lack of prep is bothering me much more! I don’t care if he gets the boot today, tomorrow or end of the season. But next year he shouldn’t be here:

Dont kid ourselves; this team is going nowhere fast under Quinn!!! Hit the road Danny Boy!

You can just tell he inspires nothing out of these guys. They probably disrespect him to his face as well. These guys are not behind Dan Quinn and if they are.. why ? what has he done for anyone’s career in Atlanta. This guy has needed someone to babysit his game management his whole career.

Edited by Onlygolden1
2 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

When I am very old and looking back at those coaches the Falcons had, I will have rather fond memories of Mike Smith. He took over a beaten team with seemingly no talent, a rookie QB and alot of other issues... and he worked his butt off with sweat and spit and probably saved the franchise from being the Browns. Constant winning over his 5 years, never losing back to back games in that span. His inability of developing talent on defense was his downfall but even when those defenses had next to no talent, he had them playing disciplined and up to their potential. Will always love his red hot head when people made mistakes or penalties.

When I look at Dan Quinn, 28-3 will always scream at me, even in 2070 and nearly 100 years old. That is going to stick forever. And I also will remember the various other collapses, like those long losing streaks in 2015 and 2018 (and 2019). Him standing helplessly on the sidelines saying „Has anyone seen my cookie?“. Those micro and macro meltdowns in combination with his seemingly paralyzed presence on the sidelines will stick forever. At least Petrino left quickly and was never seen again.

14 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

When I look at Dan Quinn, 28-3 will always scream at me, even in 2070 and nearly 100 years old. That is going to stick forever. And I also will remember the various other collapses, like those long losing streaks in 2015 and 2018 (and 2019). Him standing helplessly on the sidelines saying „Has anyone seen my cookie?“. Those micro and macro meltdowns in combination with his seemingly paralyzed presence on the sidelines will stick forever. At least Petrino left quickly and was never seen again.

It’s almost like Quinn doesn’t care. You would think that was case. Maybe it’s just he doesn’t know how to coach. Whatever the case is, Quinn will not clean this mess up. Everyone can continue with excuses,” Lot a football left; this is one game; need time to gel.” Take away the nightmare of 28-3 and those excuses are easier to  tolerate. 

This is a bad team and it shouldn’t be. You can only blame coaching so far. Ryan still doesn’t look good. I don’t recall him being sacked once today. He was hurried a few times. Meaning you can’t blame the line. Maybe our quarter back is average. 

Edited by SoldMySoul
23 minutes ago, Onlygolden1 said:

You can just tell he inspires nothing out of these guys. They probably disrespect him to his face as well. These guys are not behind Dan Quinn and if they are.. why ? what has he done for anyone’s career in Atlanta. This guy has needed someone to babysit his game management his whole career.

That’s the thing. Even Vicodin Payton will show his *** on the sidelines for his team. I have never seen Danny stick up for the Falcons on bs calls. He is friends with the team instead of being dad. He needs to be in player’s butts. Quinn is weak. 

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You and alotta others shoulda knew after 28-3 buuuuut everybody loves the koolaid . 

Even though Shanahan obviously made a major blunder in the SB, it is appearing more and more that the he's the coach more responsible for the Falcons making the Superbowl than Quinn. It is what it is.