UGABOZ

Out Coached

52 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Even though Shanahan obviously made a major blunder in the SB, it is appearing more and more that the he's the coach more responsible for the Falcons making the Superbowl than Quinn. It is what it is.

He absolutely is!!!! Believe it!!! 

Zzzzz likes this

1 minute ago, SoldMySoul said:

That’s the thing. Even Vicodin Payton will show his *** on the sidelines for his team. I have never seen Danny stick up for the Falcons on bs calls. He is friends with the team instead of being dad. He needs to be in player’s butts. Quinn is weak. 

I couldn't believe he didn't stick up for Keanu receiving a unsportsmanlike penalty when he injured himself. Just looked at his play sheet liked nothing happened.

1 minute ago, Zzzzz said:

I couldn't believe he didn't stick up for Keanu receiving a unsportsmanlike penalty when he injured himself. Just looked at his play sheet liked nothing happened.

Dan is not built that way. He is a nice guy. He isn’t mean enough to be a coach. He is afraid he is going to hurt someone’s feelings. No sternness in the man. Just weak and he is a fraud.

NCFalconfan likes this

11 minutes ago, Zzzzz said:

Even though Shanahan obviously made a major blunder in the SB, it is appearing more and more that the he's the coach more responsible for the Falcons making the Superbowl than Quinn. It is what it is.

Folks that don't see that the 7th most prolific offense in league history is what got us to the Super Bowl in '16 and Dan's side of the football had zero to do with it are being willfully blind at this point. The franchise doubled down on the stupid after the Super Bowl and LET EVERY COACH FROM THE OFFENSIVE STAFF WALK. Stupid is as stupid does.

I never seen a falcon team so undisciplined,unprepared and out coached.

And the penalties come at the worse time.

Holding penalty when the offense finally get going

Pi and holding calls on the defense when trying to get off the field on 3rd down.

Also on special teams. 

135 yards in penalties will get you beat.

atljbo likes this

55 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

I liked Smitty. But I grew tired of his coaching. I was glad to see him go. But I like him. Quinn I have never liked the hire. Yeah his win lose record is decent... but it’s staring to go In the not great area.

28-3!!!!! That is something we won’t live down. But this season and Quinn’s lack of prep is bothering me much more! I don’t care if he gets the boot today, tomorrow or end of the season. But next year he shouldn’t be here:

Dont kid ourselves; this team is going nowhere fast under Quinn!!! Hit the road Danny Boy!

Agree. My faith in DQ was all but dead after blowing the sb lead. 

SoldMySoul likes this

Just now, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

Agree. My faith in DQ was all but dead after blowing the sb lead. 

True true true!!!!! 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Your gonna get confused against teams you don’t play much or no much about. It’s not like the colts could stop us. We ran up and down the field on them. The hard count got the line 3 times. That’s not coaching that’s players. You’re on the road. That has an effect. You’re gonna get looks that don’t show on tape from a team you rarely play. All that and they still only lost 24-27 on the road to a good team. Are we supposed to go 16-0? I would love to but it’s just not possible. You have a defense that’s been tweaked so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new coordinator so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new OL so there’s gonna be issues there. We don’t have the privilege of being cohesive like the patriots where Brady has played in one system his entire career and BB has been the only HC he’s had. There’s gonna be some brain farts and hiccups. I hate it and I get frustrated like any of you but I also understand football is a chess match and not just line up and play. There had to be some cohesion for a team to be more consistent. Only thing I can say is give them time. This is Quinn’s 5th season and there’s been some kind of turnover each year except for 2015 and 16 and that resulted in a SB appearance. Since then Smith was fired and Manuel became DC. KS left and became the 49ers HC and Sark became OC. Lafleur left when Kyle left. Sark and Manuel was fired and DK and DQ became the new coordinators. All that is change after change after change and it definitely had an effect on the team. I still think they get it together as the season progresses. Today was not going to be an easy game but it was a winnable game. 

I actually buy into a lot of what you are saying.

Here is the thing, we need to be able to win all home games but still have to split on the road to become the dominant team we hoped for this year.

That means 4-2 on the road rest of the year...tough task and that presumes 8-0 home record.

Even with game planning and adjustment points, who is to blame if players keep getting flagged 10+ times every single game?

DQ gonna wind up being a serious firing candidate if the players don’t start cleaning it up. I get making mistakes executing with a new coordinator but penalty problems to this degree today is unacceptable. Most in a game by the Falcons since 1990.

PokerSteve likes this

We complained about Smitty because he was all about discipline and wouldn't let the players play.  We probably won a lot of games merely for not allowing the team to beat itself.  Quinn is the opposite.  Only thing worse than getting what you want is getting what you ask for.

Godzilla1985 and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Your gonna get confused against teams you don’t play much or no much about. It’s not like the colts could stop us. We ran up and down the field on them. The hard count got the line 3 times. That’s not coaching that’s players. You’re on the road. That has an effect. You’re gonna get looks that don’t show on tape from a team you rarely play. All that and they still only lost 24-27 on the road to a good team. Are we supposed to go 16-0? I would love to but it’s just not possible. You have a defense that’s been tweaked so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new coordinator so there’s gonna be issues there. You have a new OL so there’s gonna be issues there. We don’t have the privilege of being cohesive like the patriots where Brady has played in one system his entire career and BB has been the only HC he’s had. There’s gonna be some brain farts and hiccups. I hate it and I get frustrated like any of you but I also understand football is a chess match and not just line up and play. There had to be some cohesion for a team to be more consistent. Only thing I can say is give them time. This is Quinn’s 5th season and there’s been some kind of turnover each year except for 2015 and 16 and that resulted in a SB appearance. Since then Smith was fired and Manuel became DC. KS left and became the 49ers HC and Sark became OC. Lafleur left when Kyle left. Sark and Manuel was fired and DK and DQ became the new coordinators. All that is change after change after change and it definitely had an effect on the team. I still think they get it together as the season progresses. Today was not going to be an easy game but it was a winnable game. 

They don't play against us much either but they had our defense on their heels all game. 

I think you're being hyperbolic asserting that some of us are expecting the team to go 16-0. Im more concerned at how badly we are beating ourselves more than the other team is. The philly game shouldn't have been that close but we allowed them to make it a game and our defense, because of miscommunication, almost blew it last week. Minnesota blew us away because of lack of edge discipline all game. While other teams with lesser talent overachieve against us. If Falcons aren't beating themselves with the same mistakes through out the game and the opponent wins, I can live with that. When you know all they have us a quick short passing game (as vel scored correctly) with their tight end being their main receiver and a very good run game, but still come out getting gashed over losing your assignment repeatedly or Quinn putting the wrong matchups like Ishmael in coverage, something is wrong. That's why I questioned the quality of practices. There is no way colts should have only had to punt once or twice and brissett looking like black manning out there. 

I haven't lost faith in the team yet. While ive lost some faith in Quinn today, I still believe he gets this unit humming eventually. I will always be worried about the offense. No matter what coordinator we acquire (Shanahan not included) that side is usually underperforming. That's why I don't expect much from Matt and the offense. We have so many weapons but get so little out of them. I couldn't believe Luke stocker had more targets and receptions than Ridley. Yet we couldn't stop a hobbled Ty Hilton and a tight end the whole game getting passes from a back up qb. The good take from this is hoping that this be the game that had finally helped Matt get the cobb webs out. He looked possessed in the 2nd half. 

Stevo and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

They don't play against us much either but they had our defense on their heels all game. 

I think you're being hyperbolic asserting that some of us are expecting the team to go 16-0. Im more concerned at how badly we are beating ourselves more than the other team is. The philly game shouldn't have been that close but we allowed them to make it a game and our defense, because of miscommunication, almost blew it last week. Minnesota blew us away because of lack of edge discipline all game. While other teams with lesser talent overachieve against us. If Falcons aren't beating themselves with the same mistakes through out the game and the opponent wins, I can live with that. When you know all they have us a quick short passing game (as vel scored correctly) with their tight end being their main receiver and a very good run game, but still come out getting gashed over losing your assignment repeatedly or Quinn putting the wrong matchups like Ishmael in coverage, something is wrong. That's why I questioned the quality of practices. There is no way colts should have only had to punt once or twice and brissett looking like black manning out there. 

I haven't lost faith in the team yet. While ive lost some faith in Quinn today, I still believe he gets this unit humming eventually. I will always be worried about the offense. No matter what coordinator we acquire (Shanahan not included) that side is usually underperforming. That's why I don't expect much from Matt and the offense. We have so many weapons but get so little out of them. I couldn't believe Luke stocker had more targets and receptions than Ridley. Yet we couldn't stop a hobbled Ty Hilton and a tight end the whole game getting passes from a back up qb. The good take from this is hoping that this be the game that had finally helped Matt get the cobb webs out. He looked possessed in the 2nd half. 

Stevo likes this

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

Folks that don't see that the 7th most prolific offense in league history is what got us to the Super Bowl in '16 and Dan's side of the football had zero to do with it are being willfully blind at this point. The franchise doubled down on the stupid after the Super Bowl and LET EVERY COACH FROM THE OFFENSIVE STAFF WALK. Stupid is as stupid does.

Yep, then LaFleur went and got a job as a HC in Green Bay a few years later. And we hired Steve ******* Sarkisian as Shanny's replacement.

I really wanted for us to promote Shanny to head coach at the time. Everyone was pissed at him for the Super Bowl, but we wouldn't have even been there if it weren't for him.

PokerSteve and NCFalconfan like this

4 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You and alotta others shoulda knew after 28-3 buuuuut everybody loves the koolaid . 

Yep people been calling me a troll for pointing out the obvious.

3 hours ago, SoldMySoul said:

That’s the thing. Even Vicodin Payton will show his *** on the sidelines for his team. I have never seen Danny stick up for the Falcons on bs calls. He is friends with the team instead of being dad. He needs to be in player’s butts. Quinn is weak. 

Wouldn't it be "He needs to ON player's butts."?

:ninja:

SoldMySoul likes this

5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

How was he out coached? This is on the players more than any coach. A coach can’t stop Matt from throwing a pick in the red zone. Even with all the other issues that’s probably the game winner for us because the colts converted that to a score. All the penalties. That’s players. And it’s not like the colts are a bad team. They were in the playoffs last year. We lost 24-27. Matt, the leader of our team, has thrown an int in scoring position in all 3 games this year. That one turnover is the difference. I do think quinn should’ve gone man to man sooner but I don’t believe he was out coached. The players made an abundant amount of mistakes. 16 penalties to the colts 4. 

his defense?

3 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Wouldn't it be "He needs to ON player's butts."?

:ninja:

The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Yours might be in the gutter. Where I’m at we say in. Same difference and thanks for playing. 

Edited by SoldMySoul

5 hours ago, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

This is what I told my wife as the game was ending. We're a poorly coached team. They had a better playbook, better discipline, and better execution. All of which is a sign of poor coaching on our behalf, and great coaching on Indys behalf. 

Plus, we seem to like getting whooped by backup quarterbacks, so... 

:tiphat:

5 hours ago, SPITFIRE said:

I want to know specifically which points were we out coached today ? 

lol I could see te cross from Cali man next ?

4 hours ago, Shnikies said:

We lost this game because of penalties, not because of scheme. That too comes down to coaching though, these guys are just undisciplined.  

end of the the game was coaching

5 hours ago, AtlantaFalconPokerPro said:

This is what I told my wife as the game was ending. We're a poorly coached team. They had a better playbook, better discipline, and better execution. All of which is a sign of poor coaching on our behalf, and great coaching on Indys behalf. 

Plus, we seem to like getting whooped by backup quarterbacks, so... 

Hard to argue with any of this...

PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, Fiercefalcon said:

A few penalties you can pin on the players. 16 penalties is a reflection of poor overall discipline which is directly related to coaching. 

The defense he is overseeing also blew a crazy amount of assignments. Brissett looked like a HOFer. Today is on Quinn.

bingo

3 hours ago, RazorWing said:

I never seen a falcon team so undisciplined,unprepared and out coached.

And the penalties come at the worse time.

Holding penalty when the offense finally get going

Pi and holding calls on the defense when trying to get off the field on 3rd down.

Also on special teams. 

135 yards in penalties will get you beat.

it was bad and dan will play it off

4 hours ago, Shnikies said:

We lost this game because of penalties, not because of scheme. That too comes down to coaching though, these guys are just undisciplined.  

Somebody has to take the blame for it continuing game after game after game. Sad the players don't take responsibility for the unnecessary penalties without it being somebody's responsibility on the coaching staff.