Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flying Falcon

Anyone Still wants to keep Oliver?

104 posts in this topic

Oliver has played less than 10 games in the league.  Let him grow a little.  He has moments where he shines, more so when he’s playing press coverage than when he’s not.  

Quinn’s defense doesn’t utilize players the right way.  Oliver was a press man corner in college yet Quinn plays him 6-8 yards off the ball.

Just now, Jesus said:

Oliver isn't bad. He's still learning. Did you see Campbell out there in coverage?

Campbell is a run stopper so running in space with TEs is not his specialty and Quinn waited too long to make that adjustment aslo!

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Oliver isn't bad. He's still learning. Did you see Campbell out there in coverage?

I’ve been leading the Campbell is overrated bandwagon for a while now. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

4 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Lol one week he saves the day...the next week we're calling for him to go. Welcome to TATF.

Exactly. Jesus Christ . And you can’t blame the guy when coaching is as bad as it is. I’d be curious to see what he’d do with some decent coaches.

Just now, KRUNKuno said:

Oliver has played less than 10 games in the league.  Let him grow a little.  He has moments where he shines, more so when he’s playing press coverage than when he’s not.  

Quinn’s defense doesn’t utilize players the right way.  Oliver was a press man corner in college yet Quinn plays him 6-8 yards off the ball.

Oliver did play a lot of press coverage today. In each of those TDs scored on him was in man to man! Problem is he is not as good at it as they thought!

2 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Oliver did play a lot of press coverage today. In each of those TDs scored on him was in man to man! Problem is he is not as good at it as they thought!

Or he was going against a really good receiver. I’m surprised trufant didn’t follow Hilton. 

TX Falcon likes this

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Or he was going against a really good receiver. I’m surprised trufant didn’t follow Hilton. 

Exactly! Why did they not think of that?

Kazee, Campbell, Vic all out there looking bad.

Not just Oliver.

Issue is coaching. Players out there worried about defending run on the edge and blowing coverage or closing to tackle the checkdown.

Missed Neal in the 2nd half...and Grady on that final drive...

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

More of a reason he shouldn't be out there.. Its like allowing a new pilot to fly the space shuttle.. Dosnt make sense 

Mike Smith all over again

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

54 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I’ve been leading the Campbell is overrated bandwagon for a while now. 

Im with ya on that, Campbell is decent against the run.. Is always a step behind in coverage 

1 hour ago, TX Falcon said:

Not Kazee! He can in and did go work at safety last year. I would not move him.

We allowed like 38 passing tds last year 

48 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Kazee, Campbell, Vic all out there looking bad.

Not just Oliver.

Issue is coaching. Players out there worried about defending run on the edge and blowing coverage or closing to tackle the checkdown.

Missed Neal in the 2nd half...and Grady on that final drive...

I thought Beasley had a pretty **** good game

every time I saw Kemal Ishmael in he looked horrid. We just don’t seem to have DB depth. And he is looking larger and slower every season. Not really sure why he’s still around. I liked him at times but what is his role?

2 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

A hurt WR who had a hurt thigh.

2 hours ago, Chi City Falcon said:

Oliver would look a lot better if he didnt have to stay on the field longer than he had to because of all the ******** penalties we commit

He had his fair share of penalties.

1 hour ago, Onlygolden1 said:

every time I saw Kemal Ishmael in he looked horrid. We just don’t seem to have DB depth. And he is looking larger and slower every season. Not really sure why he’s still around. I liked him at times but what is his role?

He gained weight to play LB, had him switch back to Safety after an early Safety injury. 

What frustrate me is we knew he was a bump and run corner..

Why are we sitting him back playing off and playing zone too.. that wasn't his thing coming out of college

Man this shot frustrating... The team has to much talent to be where we are

Schwarzwald likes this

I think Oliver was maybe the only bright spot for the defense today.

he screwed up a few times, but he played solid mostly and he showed a few really promising flashes of talent.

Overall the d was soft and pathetic. The o also has no excuse for scuffling this much.

jidady and Factz like this

The tape never lies...

From PFF:

"Isaiah Oliver continues to improve. He enjoyed another memorable game against Indianapolis. Oliver made an impressive pass deflection against one red-zone throw, denying TY Hilton a likely touchdown. He also had excellent coverage on a couple of other plays, forcing Brissett to try to time back-shoulder throws that fell incomplete. Atlanta has excellent depth in the secondary, and they appear to have found a cornerstone opposite Desmond Trufant in the Colorado product. "

8 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

You didn't see Oliver do anything his rookie season, what reason did you believe that he could be a servicable starter this year? In one of the forum threads in the offseason asking which positions are you most concerned about, I said it was DB and especially Oliver's position. Now teams will just pick on him all year because he's going to hold or do a pass interference.

This sounds awfully familiar to a corner who used to play on this team opposite Trufant....

MilleniumFalcon and falconsd56 like this