Falcons Inactives at Indy

Goober Pyle

Freeman needs to get going against a soft run defense today, otherwise, he may lose the starting job to Itto and Q or Brian will be activated to give the offense some more options. 

Freeman will probably get some decent receiving yards from play action and short drop passes. I want see 60+ yards rushing at least for starters. 

27 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Senat inactive again makes start to wonder if they're trying to send a message..or has he been that ineffective?

Its simply a numbers game. Senat plays in base, not subpackages and Davison can do both. The Falcons play less than 25% in base. No need for Senat to be active for less than 15 snaps in base as long as Davison is. 

7 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Its simply a numbers game. Senat plays in base, not subpackages and Davison can do both. The Falcons play less than 25% in base. No need for Senat to be active for less than 15 snaps in base as long as Davison is. 

Yep, we got too many interior DL active ahead of him.

People trying to read into a deep roster. I guess every inactive player is garbage?

9 minutes ago, capologist said:

I do wish Ollison was active for the short yardage big back situations but there's only so many active roster spots...

Exactly. We got a deep roster. If they Falcons wanted to gameplan for either of the bigger backs? Yeah, they would be active. It takes a lot to force a niche player onto the gameday active side if it's not game-planned on D or O; without being a significant need on STs to enable them.

EDIT: Honestly, I think the OL improving as a unit and Keith Smith becoming comfortable as the lead blocker is going to mean more on the ground for us than anything at this point. Bigger back may be a need after that but it's more when we can become RBBC. You aren't that without the OL doing work. Need to see that over the season.

Edited by Ergo Proxy