LouDog

Donaldson or Keuchel?

22 posts in this topic

If the braves are only willing to give one of these guys a multi year deal, who are ya taking?

Edited by LouDog

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Donaldson. His defense and bat are going to be hard to replace. Keuchel's been solid for us too, but I think Donaldson has made a bigger impact

I agree. Id do the same

tl;dr likes this

Both

:D

if it had to be either or, JD. He’s done so much for this team offensively and defensively. Not to mention what he’s done in the clubhouse. Dallas has been great, don’t get me wrong. But JD just checks more boxes.

LouDog and NashvilleFalcon01 like this

The questions should probably be JD at 30 per or Keuchel at 20 per. Signing Donaldson will put the brakes on signing another big time free agent every-day-player. Keuchel at 20 per would give us more room to go after another edp. Tenure of the deal is also of concern. 3 yr max on Donaldson, and that is stretching it. Keuchel could be a bit longer, as he is not velocity dependent. I think I would rather have Grandal, assuming he is willing to play here. and Keuchel, than Donaldson and Our current catching situation. Plug Riley in at 3rd, and see if Pache is ready for Center. The only hole left is 1 outfield spot and resigning our bench and bullpen. If our Salary situation allows, I would say Donaldson and Grandal. Riley in left and Pache in center.

3 hours ago, JDFIII said:

The questions should probably be JD at 30 per or Keuchel at 20 per. Signing Donaldson will put the brakes on signing another big time free agent every-day-player. Keuchel at 20 per would give us more room to go after another edp. Tenure of the deal is also of concern. 3 yr max on Donaldson, and that is stretching it. Keuchel could be a bit longer, as he is not velocity dependent. I think I would rather have Grandal, assuming he is willing to play here. and Keuchel, than Donaldson and Our current catching situation. Plug Riley in at 3rd, and see if Pache is ready for Center. The only hole left is 1 outfield spot and resigning our bench and bullpen. If our Salary situation allows, I would say Donaldson and Grandal. Riley in left and Pache in center.

There's no freaking way Donaldson is getting 30 mil per year. That's downright crazy talk.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:40 AM, LouDog said:

If the braves are only willing to give one of these guys a multi year deal, who are ya taking?

As always, depends on the money and the length of contract. Donaldson in a vacuum because he's the more valuable of the two, but that's not the whole story.

Donaldson... we can't bring up anyone from our farm to replace either yet... but I think we're closer with the pitcher than someone at 3rd with hitting and defense like Donaldson, not to mention his club house presence which a rookie can't contribute yet.

Riley made this an easy choice, he showed he clearly isn't ready and I can't imagine that changes next year.

With Ender, Acuna, Pache and possibly Waters Riley could find himself on a new team if there's a deal to be made.

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

Riley made this an easy choice, he showed he clearly isn't ready and I can't imagine that changes next year.

With Ender, Acuna, Pache and possibly Waters Riley could find himself on a new team if there's a deal to be made.

:rolleyes:

here we go again..

Not hoping we move on from JD but if by chance we do, we really should give Camargo a fair shot at the job. He seemed to have gotten some things figured out before his injury.

Did anybody see Donaldson going berserk and screaming his head off when Duvall got that hit in the bottom of the 9th yesterday?

LOL it was great!!!

LouDog and NashvilleFalcon01 like this

7 minutes ago, rudy said:

Did anybody see Donaldson going berserk and screaming his head off when Duvall got that hit in the bottom of the 9th yesterday?

LOL it was great!!!

Yeah dude **** sure brings a lot of emotion to the team

53 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What did I say? 

Always trying to start crap. <_<

Whoa..

Just not thinking a rookie can get better..

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Whoa..

Just not thinking a rookie can get better..

I didn't say he would never get better but there's a reason he's home and Ortega is here.

Just now, Malachore said:

I didn't say he would never get better but there's a reason he's home and Ortega is here.

Right handed pitching?

I assumed by "can't imagine that gets any better" as you thinking he wouldn't get better..