Jump to content

Anybody See Us in First Place Alone After Today?


jlrfalcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are in Indianapolis today and certainly should win if we play in our Philly form not our Minny form.

The Saints are in Seattle and would be lucky to win there even with Brees.  And, now without Brees would require a Seahawk collapse.

The Panthers are in Arizona.  With no Cam around, this is a battle of bad teams.  Even with a win, it would require a loss by all 3 other South teams for Carolina to be tied for 1st.

Oddly, the Bucs have the most winnable game with the Giants visiting them.  Barkley could run over them hopefully or the Bucs could just let Winston give it away.

So, if we win and everybody else loses -

  W L GB
Falcons 2 1 -
Saints 1 2 1
Bucs 1 2 1
Panthers 0 3 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Giants are playing their rookie QB, that could energize the team, and Tampa really isn't that good.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Falcons were leading the division alone by the end of the night.

I wouldn’t sleep on Tampa with Bruce Arians at the helm and their DC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If crab legs can stop throwing pick 6s, yeah. Big if.

Did he throw one against the panthers? I was in and out of that game. But even if he does throw a pick hear and there they have a Todd Bowles coached defense. It’s pretty stingy. They’ll have Winston’s back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Did he throw one against the panthers? I was in and out of that game. But even if he does throw a pick hear and there they have a Todd Bowles coached defense. It’s pretty stingy. They’ll have Winston’s back. 

He threw 2 in their first game..

And, you're right, just having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Tampa may be the real competition for the division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, falconidae said:

He threw 2 in their first game..

And, you're right, just having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Tampa may be the real competition for the division.

I know right? If they get confidence it’s possible. Bruce is a good coach. They already have a lead on us by beating the panthers. That’s why they’re in 1st place. I wouldn’t trust a rookie against a Todd Bowles defense today. If the giants beat them it’ll be off of Barkley’s legs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I can see it.  I can also see 1-2 just as easily. 

It's still too early to know what teams are going to be good this year.  

Also, anyone thinking we should just automatically beat the Colts is crazy.  If there's one thing the game in Minnesota proved, it's this:  You don't need a quarterback to beat the Falcons.  And while Indy lost theirs, they still have talent all over the field and good coaches.  Don't be surprised when it's very hard to score points up there.   

If we play an inspired game like Sunday night, we can win.  If not, we could easily get smacked down as happened week one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

We are in Indianapolis today and certainly should win if we play in our Philly form not our Minny form.

The Saints are in Seattle and would be lucky to win there even with Brees.  And, now without Brees would require a Seahawk collapse.

The Panthers are in Arizona.  With no Cam around, this is a battle of bad teams.  Even with a win, it would require a loss by all 3 other South teams for Carolina to be tied for 1st.

Oddly, the Bucs have the most winnable game with the Giants visiting them.  Barkley could run over them hopefully or the Bucs could just let Winston give it away.

So, if we win and everybody else loses -

  W L GB
Falcons 2 1 -
Saints 1 2 1
Bucs 1 2 1
Panthers 0 3 2

I see it just like you playboy!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We gotta win, and the others gotta lose first. The polar opposite could happen for all 4 games. 

Feel pretty safe in assuming both Carolina and NO lose. No shame in losing to Indy, if that happens.  Lawd help us, Tampa could be in the division lead by the end of the night.

Want to see the team that played last Sunday show up in Indy. Falcons bring their A game, they win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Feel pretty safe in assuming both Carolina and NO lose. No shame in losing to Indy, if that happens.  Lawd help us, Tampa could be in the division lead by the end of the night.

Want to see the team that played last Sunday show up in Indy. Falcons bring their A game, they win.

I get it. It’s just not a sure thing is all. The Cowboys beating the Dolphins is a sure thing. Giants and Bucs are a coin flip. Panthers and Cards are a coin flip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

We are in Indianapolis today and certainly should win if we play in our Philly form not our Minny form.

The Saints are in Seattle and would be lucky to win there even with Brees.  And, now without Brees would require a Seahawk collapse.

The Panthers are in Arizona.  With no Cam around, this is a battle of bad teams.  Even with a win, it would require a loss by all 3 other South teams for Carolina to be tied for 1st.

Oddly, the Bucs have the most winnable game with the Giants visiting them.  Barkley could run over them hopefully or the Bucs could just let Winston give it away.

So, if we win and everybody else loses -

  W L GB
Falcons 2 1 -
Saints 1 2 1
Bucs 1 2 1
Panthers 0 3 2

Id be dissapointed if we weren't, this is how I imagined the week playing out also. But as long as we handle our business and get our W then I'll be happy. Clean sweep for Georgia this weekend including a division pennant!! 

Tomohawk on :tiphat::tiphat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...