AtlLover

Stop the Run

9 posts in this topic

Colts is 2nd in rushing. They are the Only team with more rushing yards then passing yards. 

Colts will try do the same things Vikings did too us. Run outside Zone and eat the clock. If we can stop them for doing that and make it 3rd and long, i think we will win this game.

Lets go Falcons!

That will be a big part of it. They are definitely going to look to beat us up in the trenches all day on both sides.

The offense putting up points and protecting the ball will go a long way. If we score early and force them to go to the pass, we've got the advantage. If we do what we've done the first couple of weeks, the Colts will win in a low scoring grind. 

I can't imagine a tougher 3 game stretch for any team in the trenches on both sides, especially to start the season. We will get to see what kind of team this is, the one that got punched in the mouth in Minnesota or the one that roughed up Philly.

JDaveG and TheFatboi like this

8 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Either not being able to go or limited would be game changers.

I believe Mack only practiced Friday and Hilton was only limited as a precaution. I expect Hilton to be full go but Mack may be hindered.

Leonard being out is bigger than both. His the Debo of their defense. 

3 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I can't imagine a tougher 3 game stretch for any team in the trenches on both sides, especially to start the season. We will get to see what kind of team this is, the one that got punched in the mouth in Minnesota or the one that roughed up Philly.

This exactly. Hopefully Quinn has them playing like we did on the road in 2016. The defense has attitude. Finally. 

Those rushing numbers are skewed also. Both of theIt rushers have a rushing attempt for over 50 yards. But yeah, still, stop the run. 

2 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

That will be a big part of it. They are definitely going to look to beat us up in the trenches all day on both sides.

The offense putting up points and protecting the ball will go a long way. If we score early and force them to go to the pass, we've got the advantage. If we do what we've done the first couple of weeks, the Colts will win in a low scoring grind. 

The difference in this game is we finally face a zone defense. The wr’s will find the cushions and Matt should have his best day this season. Also I think free finally gets going as zone teams don’t blitz as much as man teams and if so play action will be there for the big play. 

falconidae and Ergo Proxy like this

The better your offense is, the more teams will try to run on your defense to keep the ball away from your offense. The Falcons must pass that test early and get 10 pts. or so up on them in the first half.

If I was the Falcon O coordinator I wouldn't slow play it early, I'd go all out with up tempo to gain that 2 possession advantage that would allow me to slow play in the fourth quarter.

Plans tend to go awry once you get hit in the mouth but that's the plan I'd start with.

Edited by slider