Power 5 Schools vs. Cupcakes

I think football games of Power-5 vs. non-power 5 schools should be banned. It's just not a lot of fun to watch teams like Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama just absolutely blow away these lower level programs early in the season.  I realize that if you do that you take away a ton chances for upsets but man, wouldn't it be so much better if these teams were forced to face teams with the same amount of scholarship athletes as them, ect, ect?

22 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think football games of Power-5 vs. non-power 5 schools should be banned. It's just not a lot of fun to watch teams like Ohio State, Clemson and Alabama just absolutely blow away these lower level programs early in the season.  I realize that if you do that you take away a ton chances for upsets but man, wouldn't it be so much better if these teams were forced to face teams with the same amount of scholarship athletes as them, ect, ect?

You need to add GA and a whole lot of other schools to that list.

Like Saban said, he would all SEC schools to play 9 SEC teams a year,  but it will never happen. Too much money changing hands.

5 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You need to add GA and a whole lot of other schools to that list.

Like Saban said, he would all SEC schools to play 9 SEC teams a year,  but it will never happen. Too much money changing hands.

If I added all the schools to that list it wouldn't ever come to an end. You know exactly what I'm talking about. While I do support going to a 9-game conference schedule, that wouldn't fix the problem.

I’ve never liked this about college football. It waters down the product so much. Every time I talk with folks out here in Texas who are big Cowboys fans but don’t really pay much attention to college football, they always say the same thing. They ask me how can I be so into college football when most of the games are complete blowouts and the really good players just dominate 99% of the time.

I would love to see all power 5 conferences go to 9 conference games and require at least 1 or 2 non conference power 5 games be scheduled. 

There are a lot of reasons why it won’t happen. I’d love to see it though.

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’ve never liked this about college football. It waters down the product so much. Every time I talk with folks out here in Texas who are big Cowboys fans but don’t really pay much attention to college football, they always say the same thing. They ask me how can I be so into college football when most of the games are complete blowouts and the really good players just dominate 99% of the time.

I would love to see all power 5 conferences go to 9 conference games and require at least 1 or 2 non conference power 5 games be scheduled. 

There are a lot of reasons why it won’t happen. I’d love to see it though.

Been thinking about it this week. The last 3 weeks were boring. That Notre Dame game tho? Lemme get some more of that. 

Yea I’m fully on board with changing the way games are scheduled. It sucks pretty hard we didn’t have a quality game up until last night. I love a good stomping from the dogs but we’re already a third of the way through the season. I feel like something will change soon but as long as tv ratings are good there won’t be a lot of motivation to do so. 

In my ideal world I’d like to see the top 64 teams form four 16 team conferences or something of the sort. Basically split D1 into two levels. That would level the playing field a lot and give us a quality matchup each game. It’ll never happen but I can dream ;)

6 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Yea I’m fully on board with changing the way games are scheduled. It sucks pretty hard we didn’t have a quality game up until last night. I love a good stomping from the dogs but we’re already a third of the way through the season. I feel like something will change soon but as long as tv ratings are good there won’t be a lot of motivation to do so. 

In my ideal world I’d like to see the top 64 teams form four 16 team conferences or something of the sort. Basically split D1 into two levels. That would level the playing field a lot and give us a quality matchup each game. It’ll never happen but I can dream ;)

I was thinking about something like that but it's only wishful thinking. The scheduling of games will never change.