Tennessee vs Florida

I worked 7-4 today, so I didn't see any of it, but it sounds like Tennessee's offense is flat out awful. It's probably every bit as bad as the 2008 "Clawfense" under Dave Clawson, if not worse.

I've followed UT football for the last 30 years, but this is the first time in a long time that I thought Tennessee didn't have a chance at defeating Florida. Prior to this was 2009-2010 seasons.

I figure Neyland Stadium will be around 60% orange, 40% red/black at kickoff in 2 weeks, but about 85% red/black come mid-late 4th quarter. For what it's worth, Georgia will likely win about 41-6, in my opinion. I think Tennessee has much less a chance of beating Georgia or Alabama than I thought they had of beating Florida. Not trying to be negative, just being realistic.

2 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

I worked 7-4 today, so I didn't see any of it, but it sounds like Tennessee's offense is flat out awful. It's probably every bit as bad as the 2008 "Clawfense" under Dave Clawson, if not worse.

I've followed UT football for the last 30 years, but this is the first time in a long time that I thought Tennessee didn't have a chance at defeating Florida. Prior to this was 2009-2010 seasons.

I figure Neyland Stadium will be around 60% orange, 40% red/black at kickoff in 2 weeks, but about 85% red/black come mid-late 4th quarter. For what it's worth, Georgia will likely win about 41-6, in my opinion. I think Tennessee has much less a chance of beating Georgia or Alabama than I thought they had of beating Florida. Not trying to be negative, just being realistic.

Thing about today's game is that it was 10-0 for the longest time. Florida went for it on 4th down on the last play of the 1st half and got a TD to make it 17-0 at halftime. Tennessee FG opened the 2nd half to make it 17-3. So it wasn't as lopsided as a 31-3 score would suggest. But Tennessee is just that bad.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I’ve said Pruitt would be terrible from day one.

I think they are stuck with him for a while too.

The only way Tennessee gets out of this mess is to pony up the big dollars to get a proven winner, but for whatever reason, the UT Athletic Department thinks winning football is inexpensive. It just stinks to be a UT fan right now.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Thing about today's game is that it was 10-0 for the longest time. Florida went for it on 4th down on the last play of the 1st half and got a TD to make it 17-0 at halftime. Tennessee FG opened the 2nd half to make it 17-3. So it wasn't as lopsided as a 31-3 score would suggest. But Tennessee is just that bad.

I figure Georgia, Alabama will be much more lopsided than this score. If Tennessee shows little improvement or goes worse than 5-7 (I'm thinking 3-9 at best), they'll need to get rid of Pruitt, regardless of the cost. He's clearly not improving the team.

1 minute ago, 95Dawg said:

Looked it up and even Dooley’s worst loss was by 17 pts to FL

Yeah, 37-20 in 2012.

Part of the problem here at Tennessee is that they bring in losers like Mike Hamilton, Dave Hart, John Currie as Athletic Director, then expect them to make good hires at football coach, but instead they hire idiots like Butch Jones, Derek Dooley, Lane Kiffin. Then they either bolt in the middle of the night, or they screw things up something awful then get fired with a massive buyout.

The jury is still out on Phillip Fulmer as AD, as is Jeremy Pruitt as Head Coach, but Pruitt is facing an uphill battle after the way the team has lost three of four to start this season.