FalconsIn2012

Patriots Release AB

112 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

It doesn't matter. The NFL has a no harassment policy. He's going to get suspended, guilty or not. 

I'll be very interested to see how it plays out.  He hasn't been criminally charged.  There's no video or evidence like there was for Ray Rice.  The damming evidence is a Sports Illustrated article and some text messages?  The article carries no weight in court.  I mean hey if he sexually assaulted her than by all means, send him to prison, kick him out of the league, etc.  But "right now" I don't see enough evidence to do any of that.    

Drvillain and Bunchy Carter like this

3 minutes ago, thamill said:

Yeah about that.  From what I saw on that, Brown said look at how she dresses her children in cheap clothes.  Not exactly threatening.  

I absolutely despise the idea that someone is guilty until proven innocent. It is not good in any way. With that said, AB is crazy to harass his accuser in social media or anywhere else. That severe error in judgment is what will get him suspended. That is totally on him. Cannot blame the Pats for cutting ties now. It probably won’t get better for him any time soon. Now he is wide open to criticism from all sides. If he matures, he can have a job someday. Up to him. 

Dr Long Shot and thamill like this

2 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Point is NFL teams are not wanting to put up with the circus that comes with Brown. His release from the Patriots had more to do with his behavior surrounding the whole affair than the allegation itself. Why the **** is he putting all this **** out there in the first place? The Pats probably explained to him when they signed him that they wouldn't put up with any of his nonsense and he is out there harassing a woman accusing him of rape on social media. Ridiculous. 

If it's the circus surrounding it that is messing with team chemistry, I get why they cut him.  He shouldn't have gotten on social media about it.  I'm still fishy over why neither of these women went to the police.  

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

He went into chat and harassed his accuser, included, but not limited to, posting a picture of her kids

The guy is scum, and with any hope, will never play in the NFL again

good riddance

Yeah, I was on his side until that came out. First accuser clearly is a money grab. She said it was strictly professional relationship and then the intimate videos of them together were released. Second accuser wanted no money and filed no charges -- just said hey this dude is a creep. And he still couldn't help himself.

Dude needs mental help.

Edited by stizz

25 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

OBJ is a "me-first" millenial with an ego as fragile as porcelain. But I don't think he is a bad guy. AB is a bad guy. 

Lol comments like these make me laugh. 

Why even bother what generation the guy was born in? Did you really drink the koolaid on the whole media "millennial" bs? It's just dumb man, go on a person to person basis, generations mean jack **** in real life. 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

13 minutes ago, tactician said:

The leverage that they have is the public embarrassment a civil suit could cause, and damage to reputation and sponsorships. But a guy like AB doesn't give af.

Yeah well a hard head makes for a soft ***. 

48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the rape stuff come out before he played against the Dolphins?

Maybe but it wasn't before they signed him.

If it did it was nearly all of it. Or even the messages that leaked yesterday.

11 minutes ago, thamill said:

I'll be very interested to see how it plays out.  He hasn't been criminally charged.  There's no video or evidence like there was for Ray Rice.  The damming evidence is a Sports Illustrated article and some text messages?  The article carries no weight in court.  I mean hey if he sexually assaulted her than by all means, send him to prison, kick him out of the league, etc.  But "right now" I don't see enough evidence to do any of that.    

Zeke wasn't charged and was suspended. CBA gives Goodell all the power. He doesn't need criminal charges 

27 minutes ago, thamill said:

Then why didn't she file a police report and send him to jail?  I mean if that's the goal, that's the way 99.99999999999% of the population does it. 

Smh no its not dude. You can never understand if you haven't been in that situation. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Dude makes TO look like a choir boy.  The Patriots must know something.  Doesn’t look good for AB

Is T.O. supposed to be some kind of thug? 

4 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Smh no its not dude. You can never understand if you haven't been in that situation. 

How does the majority of the populace handle it then? Sue them civilly a year or so later and continue working for him and communicating with him like nothing happened regularly?  Because that's probably not the best way to get justice or achieve the goal that was stated before to ruin his life. 

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Is T.O. supposed to be some kind of thug? 

No, he just does sit ups in his driveway and doesn't report to Training Camp, calls Jeff Garcia gay, cries to defend Tony Romo as his QB, etc.  T.O. was more of a team chemistry killer than anything else. 

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

2 minutes ago, thamill said:

No, he just does sit ups in his driveway and doesn't report to Training Camp, calls Jeff Garcia gay, cries to defend Tony Romo as his QB, etc.  T.O. was more of a team chemistry killer than anything else. 

I can tell what you're about. 

13 minutes ago, thamill said:

TO was a drama queen. AB is a sociopath.

Godzilla1985 and thamill like this

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Maybe but it wasn't before they signed him.

If it did it was nearly all of it. Or even the messages that leaked yesterday.

Even still, the rape stuff was out there and they still let him play against the Dolphins. That was my whole beef. They want to stand on "moral ground" now but last week they didn't. Don't know why they thought they needed AB to beat the Dolphins. As bad as the Dolphins are they could have sat Brady and beat them.

rounz likes this

1 hour ago, thamill said:

And as far as AB goes, I see a lot of this as a cash grab.  You're gonna tell me someone sexually assaulted you and you kept working for him for awhile afterward and NEVER contacted the police but you are going after him civilly.  The second one did the same thing.  Now him getting on chat and blasting her was stupid and I don't have firsthand knowledge of what happened but both cases seem fishy.    

How high you gotta jump to get to this conclusion. Every rape case isn't fishy, at this point I don't give AB any benefit of doubt. He was one of my top 5 players but now idc if he is behind bars, and I hate seeing black men behind bars. This man story is tragic, from hall of fame to the biggest lame.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Even still, the rape stuff was out there and they still let him play against the Dolphins. That was my whole beef. They want to stand on "moral ground" now but last week they didn't. Don't know why they thought they needed AB to beat the Dolphins. As bad as the Dolphins are they could have sat Brady and beat them.

The rape accusations are still under investigation so I understand waiting for more info before punishing, but if he's openly trying to intimidate someone who came forward you can't let that precedent be set. The accusation itself may not be true but doesn't sound like the intimidation is debatable, seems like it's a proven fact. I would think that's the difference.

youngbloodz likes this

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pats dont care about morals. They care about distractions. The texts he allegedly sent Wednesday was just another distraction 

hjerry likes this