FalconsIn2012

Patriots Release AB

112 posts in this topic

Just now, tactician said:

Actually it was reported they wanted $2,000,000, Brown said no. 

Yes and then she filed the lawsuit. After he said no she no longer cared about the money. That's why the lawsuit only asked for $75,000.

7 minutes ago, thamill said:

And as far as AB goes, I see a lot of this as a cash grab.  You're gonna tell me someone sexually assaulted you and you kept working for him for awhile afterward and NEVER contacted the police but you are going after him civilly.  The second one did the same thing.  Now him getting on chat and blasting her was stupid and I don't have firsthand knowledge of what happened but both cases seem fishy.    

Probably didn't rape her but I'm guessing he treated her like garbage, maybe even ****** around with her and she is just looking to hurt him back. Whatever the case may be, if AB wasn't a scum-bucket of a human he wouldn't be in this position, so considering all he is throwing away by being behaving with the maturity and class of an 13 year old trailer park *******, I feel absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for him. 

nomak likes this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

She only sued him for $75,000 the minimum for federal court. She didn't care about the money at that point. She wanted to ruin his life and career

Then why didn't she file a police report and send him to jail?  I mean if that's the goal, that's the way 99.99999999999% of the population does it. 

21 minutes ago, tactician said:

AB didn't do himself any favors by acting like an A-hole with the Steelers and Raiders. More than anything with him, it's a pattern of immature, idiotic behavior and if he wants to salvage his career he needs to grow up.

He's career is done. Maybe after a few years, some team will give him a chance for the minimum, but I doubt mr "I'm holding out because I don't like my helmet" will be willing to grind his way back to relevance. 

1 minute ago, thamill said:

Then why didn't she file a police report and send him to jail?  I mean if that's the goal, that's the way 99.99999999999% of the population does it. 

I don't see very much realism in that number. Do you have any idea how hard rape is to prove, when the only people present were the two involved, and then add a bunch passed time to that?

youngbloodz, FA91, rounz and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Probably didn't rape her but I'm guessing he treated her like garbage, maybe even ****** around with her and she is just looking to hurt him back. Whatever the case may be, if AB wasn't a scum-bucket of a human he wouldn't be in this position, so considering all he is throwing away by being behaving with the maturity and class of an 13 year old trailer park *******, I feel absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for him. 

I'm not saying cheating is ok nor is behaving immaturely, but just about every workplace has someone there who cheats on their wife and acts like a dumb*** and they still keep their job.  If he sexually assaulted her as she claims for her civil case, then he should be in jail.  If he didn't and just cheated on her and was a jerk, he shouldn't lose his job.  

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

2 minutes ago, thamill said:

He probably didn't rape her. I don't know what happened. But I know for a fact people with money gets away with stuff that normal people don't.

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, thamill said:

I'm not saying cheating is ok nor is behaving immaturely, but just about every workplace has someone there who cheats on their wife and acts like a dumb*** and they still keep their job.  If he sexually assaulted her as she claims for her civil case, then he should be in jail.  If he didn't and just cheated on her and was a jerk, he shouldn't lose his job.  

He's not losing his job because of the allegations, but because of the way he has behaved towards the accuser publically in social media. Making the news because he essentially threatened the accuser's children.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

He should have paid the $2 million and shut up than. Because I know plenty of athletes that pay women to keep quiet and they didn't rape anyone. Same stuff that happened to Kobe 

Hope it works out for him . I’m to the point now where I’d rather see alotta guys make it through because of all the arm chair judges/eye witnesses that prove people guilty off allegations . Rather he’s a nut or not I refuse to be happy about someone losing their career or anything else over allegations and ignorant Lynch mobs . 

Same with Tyreek & the last event . Rather it was true or not people wanted to see him canceled . 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

Just now, hjerry said:

I don't see very much realism in that number. Do you have any idea how hard rape is to prove, when the only people present were the two involved, and then add a bunch passed time to that?

So if someone raped you, would you continue to work for him afterward for awhile?  That just seems odd.  And if you did decide to disclose at a later time, why not to the police? If I was raped, I'd want the person to go to jail.  

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes and then she filed the lawsuit. After he said no she no longer cared about the money. That's why the lawsuit only asked for $75,000.

Dude, lawsuits are all about money. The $75,000k is the federal minimum. It's like the minimum bid on Ebay. Of course she wanted money. They asked for 2,000,000.

So if someone raped you, would you continue to work for him afterward for awhile?  That just seems odd.  And if you did decide to disclose at a later time, why not to the police? If I was raped, I'd want the person to go to jail.  

You're making this far more simple than it actually is

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He's not losing his job because of the allegations, but because of the way has behaved towards the accuser publically in social media. Making the news because he essentially threatened the accuser's children.

Yeah about that.  From what I saw on that, Brown said look at how she dresses her children in cheap clothes.  Not exactly threatening.  

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He should have paid the $2 million and shut up than. Because I know plenty of athletes that pay women to keep quiet and they didn't rape anyone. Same stuff that happened to Kobe 

Truth

1 minute ago, tactician said:

Dude, lawsuits are all about money. The $75,000k is the federal minimum. It's like the minimum bid on Ebay. Of course she wanted money. They asked for 2,000,000.

Ok

Yeah about that.  From what I saw on that, Brown said look at how she dresses her children in cheap clothes.  Not exactly threatening.  

It doesn't matter. The NFL has a no harassment policy. He's going to get suspended, guilty or not. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

The leverage that they have is the public embarrassment a civil suit could cause, and damage to reputation and sponsorships. But a guy like AB doesn't give af.

Just now, thamill said:

Point is NFL teams are not wanting to put up with the circus that comes with Brown. His release from the Patriots had more to do with his behavior surrounding the whole affair than the allegation itself. Why the **** is he putting all this **** out there in the first place? The Pats probably explained to him when they signed him that they wouldn't put up with any of his nonsense and he is out there harassing a woman accusing him of rape on social media. Ridiculous. 

FA91 and thamill like this