FalconsIn2012

11 Things We Know

52 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, vel said:

Jeez I hate lazy comments like:

Until "Throw an INT" is in the playbook, I'm not onboard with these kinds of comments. Koetter has been fine. Could have hung 30+ on the Eagles if not for Matt throwing another red zone INT. 

Or not just overthrown 2 wide open receivers

red falcon, Ovie_Lover and Peyton like this

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

@Ovie_Lover

Here is the thread where I express concerns about his commitment to the run.  Clearly not hating in either thread.  Baseless as usual

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4071170-the-koetter-identity/#comment-11461362

No Luva still trolling you? He's a gnat bro. Just swat him. Part of the Gnat Pack.

papachaz and FalconsIn2012 like this

2 hours ago, vel said:

Eh 2020 picks his side and waits for enough evidence to shift him one way or another. I don't blame him. 

A lot of fans are stuck on Dirk from his first stint, but ignore who he had to work with. If we had an OL of Lamar Holmes, Justin Blalock, Joe Hawley, Peter Konz, and Jeremy Trueblood and Dirk was ripping off 5 and 7 step pass plays, Ryan would be retired like Andrew Luck. They ignore 2012. It's selective memory to save themselves from heart break. 

Maybe you can explain the logic behind this:

Falcons open with games against two teams currently in the top 10 of nearly every power ranking.  They won one and lost one.

Why are they ranked between 17th-23rd in the power rankings?  Makes no sense.  I know they are pointless, but the logic doesn’t hold up here

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

No Luva still trolling you? He's a gnat bro. Just swat him. Part of the Gnat Pack.

He has a good football mind.  Sometimes he just decides to argue against anything I say.  But whatever...he ain’t a bad dude.  Just young

6 hours ago, vel said:

Jeez I hate lazy comments like:

Until "Throw an INT" is in the playbook, I'm not onboard with these kinds of comments. Koetter has been fine. Could have hung 30+ on the Eagles if not for Matt throwing another red zone INT. 

And overthrowing back to back tds

falconsd56 and Schwarzwald like this

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

He has a good football mind.  Sometimes he just decides to argue against anything I say.  But whatever...he ain’t a bad dude.  Just young

You ain't that special 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Dirk Koetter would be running the ball more if the Falcons were having more success running the ball. I will NEVER understand this DUMB thought that Dirk Koetter doesn't like to run the ball when there's all the evidence in the world that supports him actually running the ball when it works like he did when he was OC in Jacksonville or his first year in Tampa. The line is a mess right now thanks to unexpected injuries and the HORRENDOUS play of Jake Matthews. Nobody saw Matthews looking like dog meat the first two weeks of the season. We were concerned about the kids on the right side of the line but when they've been on the field they've been rock solid. It's Matthews that is getting the line killed right now for the most part. The rest of the line is doing their job and if Matthews doesn't get his *** in gear he needs to find it on the bench. He's making way too much money to be pure dog ****.

Julio had a much better game against Philadelphia including the game-winning TD, but his Minnesota performance was not worth his contract.  He still needs a good game against Indianapolis to fully assure me he is as good as all his prior years.

BTW #12 - Stocker is not a passing option and part of the reason for 2 of Ryan's interceptions, but Hooper looks strong and reliable and should be used even more.

Edited by jlrfalcon
FalconsIn2012 likes this

9 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dont you have to go cry about Julio somewhere?

Hail naw. I'm getting way more entertainment watching you trolling 2020 like a gnat in heat. Buddy is deep in your cranium. Trust me. And he aint even trying. How TF did that happen? I thought I could groom you as my eventual replacement but it looks you've turned into another homer troll that can't handle reality. Quite frankly I'm disappointed. I was wrong about you. A Gnat Packer? Come on bro.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hail naw. I'm getting way more entertainment watching you trolling 2020 like a gnat in heat. Buddy is deep in your cranium. Trust me. And he aint even trying. How TF did that happen? I thought I could groom you as my eventual replacement but it looks you've turned into another homer troll that can't handle reality. Quite frankly I'm disappointed. I was wrong about you. A Gnat Packer? Come on bro.

How am I a homer troll? :lol:

Bad run blocking isn't on the offensive coordinator. That makes me a homer? Ok :rolleyes:

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Julio had a much better game against Philadelphia including the game-winning TD, but his Minnesota performance was not worth his contract.  He still needs a good game against Indianapolis to fully assure me he is as good as all his prior years.

BTW #12 - Stocker is not a passing option and part of the reason for 2 of Ryan's interceptions, but Hooper looks strong and reliable and should be used even more.

242-2424314_facepalm-emoji-png-man-face-

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dirk Koetter would be running the ball more if the Falcons were having more success running the ball. I will NEVER understand this DUMB thought that Dirk Koetter doesn't like to run the ball when there's all the evidence in the world that supports him actually running the ball when it works like he did when he was OC in Jacksonville or his first year in Tampa. The line is a mess right now thanks to unexpected injuries and the HORRENDOUS play of Jake Matthews. Nobody saw Matthews looking like dog meat the first two weeks of the season. We were concerned about the kids on the right side of the line but when they've been on the field they've been rock solid. It's Matthews that is getting the line killed right now for the most part. The rest of the line is doing their job and if Matthews doesn't get his *** in gear he needs to find it on the bench. He's making way too much money to be pure dog ****.

This is from Dirk:

“Five out of six teams in the league last year that rushed for over 2,000 yards made the playoffs,” he said. “There was only one team that rushed for over 2,000 in the season and didn’t make the playoffs. That was the Cowboys. Two-thousand yards in a season averages out to 125 yards a game. That’s where you’d like to be. Teams that do that are going to win games. They’re going to average a little over 10 wins and they’re going to get in the playoffs.”

Its not that you have to rush the most.  But when leading in the 2nd half, run the football.  At least attempt to run.  We ran just 5 times after being up 17-6 midway thru the 2nd quarter

roguebeaver likes this

8 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

He needs a good  game nearly  every game to be worth that contract 

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

How am I a homer troll? :lol:

Bad run blocking isn't on the offensive coordinator. That makes me a homer? Ok :rolleyes:

If you can't see it I can't really help you. Keep doin you bro.

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If you can't see it I can't really help you. Keep doin you bro.

So in your opinion you should blame run blocking on the OC? Not the OL? Not the line coach? Not anyone but the OC?

My only complaint about DK is that I wish he would run more inside zones and traps as that seems more in line with this group of OL. Tight ends are consistently missing blocks on the outside zone runs which he should recognize and either correct or scrap those from the play book. Keeping Stocker over Paulson was the worst off season move so far.