Boise Falcon Fan

Falcons Should Trade for Jalen Ramsey

120 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, thamill said:

Weren't there like 3 threads on this the other day

yes, but clearly those didn't capture the essence of the topic like the OP did here.

I'm considering starting a few "trade for Jalen Ramsey" threads myself - think I can improve on the overall wording. 

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

At first, I didn't think the Falcons should trade for Jalen Ramsey, but the more I've thought about it, going all in for Ramsey would be smart.  We've been trying for 50 years to win a Super Bowl, and this team has a legitimate chance of getting it done this year.  With the DL's improved play, having Ramsey & Tru at the corners would be devastating to opposing offenses. This team has a legitimate chance to get to the Super Bowl, but then they will have to beat either NE, or KC, and both of those teams have a ton of weapons in the passing game.  

I know that most would say mortgaging our future wouldn't be worth it, and I say it is.  Matt Ryan & Julio aren't getting any younger, and we need to take advantage of the opportunity NOW.  It would be a gamble, but a gamble well worth taking.  We'd have 2 #1 corners, and DQ would be able to lead an unstoppable defense.  

I wish there was a dislike button.

SexualChocolate likes this

37 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

What has this filter done for the Falcons?

Bingo!!!

See the New England Patriots. Randy, Antonio, Blount

Doesnt matter

The strength of the culture out weighs the individual.

Not that Ramsey is a bad dude either.

But culture above all. It allows for one or two questionable personalities. And just like the Pats if the price gets too high they will release/trade your butt without batting an eye. 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yes, but clearly those didn't capture the essence of the topic like the OP did here.

I'm considering starting a few "trade for Jalen Ramsey" threads myself - think I can improve on the overall wording. 

Lets make it a competition then...:lol:

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Please do...

g-dawg and RING OF HONOR like this

16 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

A first rnd pick for a one year rental when we arent getting torched as is? Weve given upnthe fewe st explosive plays in the league. I really dont see where we need at him at that price.

Read the post.  We're not talking about winning the NFC, we're talking about winning the Super Bowl. Add him to this roster, and it changes things immensely going against a team loaded with offensive weapons like NE & KC.

The Peregrine likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Winning in the nfl is too much about luck to risk an all in..... Matt Ryan could get hurt Sunday and then this season along with the foreseeable future would all be ******... 

That is a very good point, but you have to take some risk to gain the ultimate reward.  I want a Super Bowl...

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

His salary this year is only 3.5 mil, Falcons have 3.25 mil in cap, they could manage to fit him in this year. Has a 13 mil cap hit next year. Be an all in move. Doubt they do it, but you never know.

I didn't even know it would be possible to bring him in. If he came to the Falcons, I could see him turning a new leaf and becoming a good team mate and big impact player.

No doubt he would really beef up our back end to almost double shutdown level. If I were Quinn and TD, I'd have to at least think about it. He could actually be the difference in the Falcons getting to the SB, or even the Falcons winning the SB. You can't just nonchalantly blow that off.

29 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I didn't even know it would be possible to bring him in. If he came to the Falcons, I could see him turning a new leaf and becoming a good team mate and big impact player.

No doubt he would really beef up our back end to almost double shutdown level. If I were Quinn and TD, I'd have to at least think about it. He could actually be the difference in the Falcons getting to the SB, or even the Falcons winning the SB. You can't just nonchalantly blow that off.

#VoiceOfReason

PokerSteve likes this

26 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I repeat, so you want a corner who ignores playcalls when he wants?

Haven't heard this one yet. Please do tell more...

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

You are a wordsmith my friend.  I'm thinking of just going National Enquirer and starting a thread that says "Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Brown to Atlanta in blockbuster deal".  Thoughts? 

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, thamill said:

You are a wordsmith my friend.  I'm thinking of just going National Enquirer and starting a thread that says "Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Brown to Atlanta in blockbuster deal".  Thoughts? 

Decent, but I think you should try and work Tyrod Taylor in there somewhere also. :ninja:

thamill likes this

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Decent, but I think you should try and work Tyrod Taylor in there somewhere also. :ninja:

"Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Brown to Atlanta in blockbuster deal" per their newly acquired agent Tyrod Taylor.  

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, thamill said:

"Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Brown to Atlanta in blockbuster deal" per their newly acquired agent Tyrod Taylor.  

Perfect. :slick:

thamill likes this

5 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Haven't heard this one yet. Please do tell more...

Gilmore took a shot at Ramsey because Ramsey said he was the best corner in the league, so Gilmore replied back zone corners have a lot of energy so they talk the most. Ramsey then responded by playing man every play and ignoring the play calls, even zone. Which led to teams just throwing where Ramsey was supposed to be.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Gilmore took a shot at Ramsey because Ramsey said he was the best corner in the league, so Gilmore replied back zone corners have a lot of energy so they talk the most. Ramsey then responded by playing man every play and ignoring the play calls, even zone. Which led to teams just throwing where Ramsey was supposed to be.

I think Ramsey just needs a change of scenery.  His disgruntled nature goes back a couple years to the Bortles days, and I think he also has issues with Coughlin.  I think if he does gets traded, whoever gets him is going to benefit from him wanting to bend over Jacksonville and the rest of the league.  Supreme talent but a knucklehead.

Jerz #Quinning and Ovie_Lover like this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I think Ramsey just needs a change of scenery.  His disgruntled nature goes back a couple years to the Bortles days, and I think he also has issues with Coughlin.  I think if he does gets traded, whoever gets him is going to benefit from him wanting to bend over Jacksonville and the rest of the league.  Supreme talent but a knucklehead.

Yeah he def just hates Coughlin. It was absolutely dumb as **** they brought him in to be the disciplinary guy. It worked in New York because he was the coach, he saw the guys day in and day out. But now you got some *** clown on the press box trying to tell you how to act? They dont like it.

athell likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Gimme AJ Bouye, the best CB on the Jags. Ramsey is overrated and one year wonder so far.

In what world is a 24 year old Multple Pro-Bowl CB overrated? 

Where do folks even get this mess? 

Jerz #Quinning and Spts1 like this