stat for the D

birdz4i

30 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Now this, I get excited for!!!! :slick:Proper wrapup techniques are being taught.

I think it’s more of swarm tackling. They’re rarely tackling with just one guy. The whole defense is making sure the guy is down. Nobody is just standing around. I like that. That and they’re making the big hits at the right times and not only going for the big hit and missing. Quinn is an avid teacher of tackling techniques but they would miss solo tackles going for the kill or not swarm tackling. Also makes a difference with him being the DC. He’s the guy in their ear now. Not Manuel or smith. And we see the difference like I knew we would. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Also makes a difference with him being the DC. He’s the guy in their ear now. Not Manuel or smith. And we see the difference like I knew we would. 

I saw a big difference in 2016 when DQ took over late season into playoffs with play calling and game planning.  He’s big on tackling as well, big difference from last year.

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I think it’s more of swarm tackling. They’re rarely tackling with just one guy. The whole defense is making sure the guy is down. Nobody is just standing around. I like that. That and they’re making the big hits at the right times and not only going for the big hit and missing. Quinn is an avid teacher of tackling techniques but they would miss solo tackles going for the kill or not swarm tackling. Also makes a difference with him being the DC. He’s the guy in their ear now. Not Manuel or smith. And we see the difference like I knew we would. 

This swarm tackling is how we forced so many fumbles the last 10 games in 2016.  One player stands up the ball carrier and the others rip the ball.  We forced 3 fumbles in our SB run doing just that

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Quinn talked about this a few years ago.  The swarm is more or less defenders taking different "angles" at the ball carrier.  On goes low and left and the other goes to the right.