FalconAge

Can We Extend Tyeler Davidson Now?

77 posts in this topic

It is a LONG WAY to go why all the contract speculation now about who's going and who's staying? Can we try and get this thing this year? Davidson will make Grady All Pro. He is better than Poe. Vic and Taak will be better  because of Davidson. Wow you think Allen is expendable already????? He may be one of the hardest hitting DB's in the league. You don't just start tinkering with something very good for a unknown draft pick who may OR may not pan out.

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Draft one, FA, Cuts...maybe he doesn’t get the deal he wants on the market and comes back.  Maybe he loves the brotherhood lol

all possible:D

KCFalcon22 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanfranfalcon said:

i dont see a LB with Campbell's size and speed on the roster...not so easy to replace with what we currently have...

What hes done the past couple games though can be replaced. Neal on the other hand I dont think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dude has honestly balled through two games making Senat an afterthought.  I would be careful to extend him however as I can see him cashing in big on the open market.  If we could do something team friendly I say yes, but he is likely looking for 8M+ given where the market is for DT's now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can promise you, this isn't even in question , Mack will be here unless he retires. TD isn't gonna let that same black eye get him again. 

yeah, until Alex Mack can no longer play effectively - he will be a Falcon.

THEHEADCOACH likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, autigerfan said:

The dude has honestly balled through two games making Senat an afterthought.  I would be careful to extend him however as I can see him cashing in big on the open market.  If we could do something team friendly I say yes, but he is likely looking for 8M+ given where the market is for DT's now.

Nah.

Guarantee no one is looking at him the same way we are after 2 games. And I was the first one mentioning extending him, so that isn't a slight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I can promise you, this isn't even in question , Mack will be here unless he retires. TD isn't gonna let that same black eye get him again. 

I would like to think so but he’s got a big cap hit    .

its also the last year of his contract so they can’t really restructure

Maybe they resign him but he’s 33 and there’s no guarantee he resigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I would like to think so but he’s got a big cap hit    .

its also the last year of his contract so they can’t really restructure

Maybe they resign him but he’s 33 and there’s no guarantee he resigns.

Extend him a year and lower his 2020 cap.

Done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I would like to think so but he’s got a big cap hit    .

its also the last year of his contract so they can’t really restructure

Maybe they resign him but he’s 33 and there’s no guarantee he resigns.

TD will sell his soul. Mack isn't leaving without him retiring or another Vet probowler to replace him(which ain't happening). TD will not make the same mistake twice.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Sanu as a possible cap hit. With Ridleys emergence as a bonafide no.2 and Hooper an above average TE that needs to be resigned I see Sanu as a huge luxury item. 

Note I don’t know his contract status- he may be not prudent to let go or save nothing - however he seems a likely option to me to recoup a few million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Can a mod update the thread title?! Put some respect on that man's name!!

Sit down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

D A V I S O N

davison

DAVISON

DAVIS-on 

davis-ON

NO-sivad

no-SIVAD

NOSIVAD

nosivad

N O S I V A D

:argh::bang:

 

23 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Sit down

 

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

:mmmhmm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he was a low-key guy I thought was really good on the hated Saints. You know he's good because Cam Jordan was sad in every interview that Tyeler was gone and said he was a major force in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, Ovie_Lover said:

I think he was my and your favorite offseason pick up.

Loved the Davison, and Stocke r pick ups. Don't know what's up with Stocke r but he ain't himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, primetime said:

I see Sanu as a possible cap hit. With Ridleys emergence as a bonafide no.2 and Hooper an above average TE that needs to be resigned I see Sanu as a huge luxury item. 

Note I don’t know his contract status- he may be not prudent to let go or save nothing - however he seems a likely option to me to recoup a few million. 

Agree on Sanu but I'd keep him over Hooper if I had to.

MissouriFalcon49 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 0:33 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

Love this guy.  He is one of the most underrated signings across the entire NFL.

I’m a huge fan.  We need to lock this guy up.

Enjoying his play. Defense has been good so far.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Loved the Davison, and Stocke r pick ups. Don't know what's up with Stocke r but he ain't himself.

 

15 hours ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Yeah, he was a low-key guy I thought was really good on the hated Saints. You know he's good because Cam Jordan was sad in every interview that Tyeler was gone and said he was a major force in the middle.

Saints are in trouble with Brees out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now