Spts1

Jamal Adams said NFL is " two hand touch "...

41 posts in this topic

It was a late hit and he could have pulled up. But, he sure as **** should not be fined. It wasn't dirty, to the head or with his helmet. Just a little late 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what he is saying but the rules are the rules no matter what people think of them. Unfortunately either you play it like Vic did against the Vikings and people get upset or you get flagged for going through with the hit. 

IMO he could have done more to not lay him out but that’s my opinion. 

Also, I didn’t see the Falcons playing two hand touch on Sunday night. You can very much still be extremely physical but you have to be smart about it. Thats just how it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I get what he is saying but the rules are the rules no matter what people think of them. Unfortunately either you play it like Vic did against the Vikings and people get upset or you get flagged for going through with the hit. 

IMO he could have done more to not lay him out but that’s my opinion. 

Also, I didn’t see the Falcons playing two hand touch on Sunday night. You can very much still be extremely physical but you have to be smart about it. Thats just how it is now.

I agree with Adams, this is touch football, below is the REAL NFL:

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

It was a late hit and he could have pulled up. But, he sure as **** should not be fined. It wasn't dirty, to the head or with his helmet. Just a little late 

Disagree that this was late.  What happens if Baker pump fakes there, and doesn't release the ball?  Then you have defensive players letting up due to the assumption a runner will go out of bounds, or assumption a QB will throw the ball, (like Beasley did against Cousins last week).  Adams was already engaged, and his momentum was taking him into the runner, before he knew the QB released the ball.

NeonDeion, Spts1 and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the nfl has gotten soft. It’s vary hard to lay off when moving at the speed they are moving. Having said that, Sunday night was one of the more entertaining games I’ve watched in a while from a standpoint of how physical we were being 

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I agree with Adams, this is touch football, below is the REAL NFL:

Related image

Yeah that was back in the good old days when there were no such things as car seats or seat belt laws,  parents chain smoked with the kids in the car with the windows rolled up, there were maybe 10 channels, asbestos was everywhere, and smallpox was still a thing.

There was also a guy named Chuck Hughes.  This poor soul died of a heart attack on the field.

They may not tackle like they used to but in  some way things are better now.

MissouriFalcon49 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is so concerned with hits that are too hard yet they allow players to wear little to no padding. They're practically wearing shorts out there. Everybody's worried about the helmet, how 'bout lets put some shoulder pads on and intercept and cushion some of those that go to the head now.

Spts1 and Statick like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slider said:

The NFL is so concerned with hits that are too hard yet they allow players to wear little to no padding. They're practically wearing shorts out there. Everybody's worried about the helmet, how 'bout lets put some shoulder pads on and intercept and cushion some of those that go to the head now.

This is a great point.

I'm seeing guys out there with no cups, no thigh pads, hair being allowed outside of the helmet, no mouthguards, altering the length of the shoulder pads, etc.

Spts1, papachaz and slider like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyin' In DC said:

It was a late hit and he could have pulled up. But, he sure as **** should not be fined. It wasn't dirty, to the head or with his helmet. Just a little late 

That wasn't late lol. You can't just stop running full speed in a split second.

Spts1, Flying Falcon and NeonDeion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Statick said:

This is a great point.

I'm seeing guys out there with no cups, no thigh pads, hair being allowed outside of the helmet, no mouthguards, altering the length of the shoulder pads, etc.

Everyone has thigh pads. It's a rule they changed a few years back. What player do you see without thigh pads? And what player do you see with no mouthguard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Everyone has thigh pads. It's a rule they changed a few years back. What player do you see without thigh pads? And what player do you see with no mouthguard?

I didn't make a mental note as of to who. I remember seeing some Eagles players with no visible thigh pads and a close up of a couple of RBs that looked like they had no mouthguards in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Statick said:

I didn't make a mental note as of to who. I remember seeing some Eagles players with no visible thigh pads and a close up of a couple of RBs that looked like they had no mouthguards in.

New NFL rules: Leg, thigh pads are mandatory to protect players
  • NEW RULE: The requirement to wear leg and thigh pads for all players.
  • What the rule changes: It will require all players to wear pads on the legs and thighs.
  • Why the change was made: For decades players have been balking at wearing leg pads because they thought the pads were slowing them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ovie_Lover said:
New NFL rules: Leg, thigh pads are mandatory to protect players
  • NEW RULE: The requirement to wear leg and thigh pads for all players.
  • What the rule changes: It will require all players to wear pads on the legs and thighs.
  • Why the change was made: For decades players have been balking at wearing leg pads because they thought the pads were slowing them down.

Not saying that you're wrong regarding the rule, just relayed what I saw. I don't think they're enforcing those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Not saying that you're wrong regarding the rule, just relayed what I saw. I don't think they're enforcing those.

If these guys arent wearing them they'd be getting fined. The nfl is all about that whenever they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the entire defense continues to lay the wood on each play, they can’t fine us for every play, right?

I’m surprised we didn’t get any fines from that abuse we were handing out to the Eagles. Not to be mean, but some of those guys were walking around like they took a shot from Tyson in his prime. 

PokerSteve and Spts1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

I get what he is saying but the rules are the rules no matter what people think of them. Unfortunately either you play it like Vic did against the Vikings and people get upset or you get flagged for going through with the hit. 

IMO he could have done more to not lay him out but that’s my opinion. 

Also, I didn’t see the Falcons playing two hand touch on Sunday night. You can very much still be extremely physical but you have to be smart about it. Thats just how it is now.

What Adams did wasn't a penalty in my opinion. He hit him clean and hard just like Debo hit Wentz on Sunday. I'm fine if they throw a flag, since it's subjective, but the NFL doubling down and fining him is where I have the problem. You can't ask the players to hit in a certain strike zone and then penalize them when they do. I get the refs don't have the luxury of slow mo when they are calling their plays, but the NFL does when assessing fines. 

Spts1 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Everyone has thigh pads. It's a rule they changed a few years back. What player do you see without thigh pads? And what player do you see with no mouthguard?

WRs dont wear thigh pads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now