Is this Tru?

WhenFalconsWin

6 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Because he played fine, you guys just think a corner has to give up 0 catches to be good.

I'll just agree to disagree,, He played like he was sick in the first 6 games last year.. There is a reason why this discussion is even going on. Who knows  ,,, maybe he was sick... I'll just end with this,, I was so glad to see him play better last game than I've seen him play in over a year.

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'll just agree to disagree,, He played like he was sick in the first 6 games last year.. There is a reason why this discussion is even going on. Who knows  ,,, maybe he was sick...

If we go by the "there's a reason this discussion is going on" theory then.

There's a reason we shouldn't resign Grady, Matt, or Julio.

There's a reason we should trade Julio.

There's a reason we should trade Matt.

There's a reason we should trade for Ramsey.

Etc. That's terrible logic.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If we go by the "there's a reason this discussion is going on" theory then.

There's a reason we shouldn't resign Grady, Matt, or Julio.

There's a reason we should trade Julio.

There's a reason we should trade Matt.

There's a reason we should trade for Ramsey.

Etc. That's terrible logic.

Call it what you will.  It's the truth.. The HC was the blame for the others not getting the job done.. I was pointing out that Tru was not well during the time he played bad.. I think your wanting to argue , I'm not your guy.. I just state facts and let it lay. 

Those your named like Ryan and the others didn't play well because the Coaching,, that was very evident to me. But Tru looked like he was sick,, I don't know what it was, I'm just glad he's playing like his old self.. Never seen such a contrast... But happy for what ever reason Trufant struggled last year.

2 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Call it what you will.  It's the truth.. The HC was the blame for the others not getting the job done.. I was pointing out that Tru was not well during the time he played bad.. I think your wanting to argue , I'm not your guy.. I just state facts and let it lay. 

Those your named like Ryan and the others didn't play well because the Coaching,, that was very evident to me. But Tru looked like he was sick,, I don't know what it was, I'm just glad he's playing like his old self.. Never seen such a contrast... But happy for what ever reason Trufant struggled last year.

You rarely ever state facts here. You spew off your opinion and then pretend its fact. Then when someone calls you out you run away and hide until another day. It gets old.

I’m glad Tru is ballin again, but you have to give some credit/blame to the defensive front.

No one can cover someone for 5 and 6 seconds. Rumor has it, one of our opposing QBs read War and Peace while waiting for his receivers to get open last year.

Edited by Emmitt

42 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Maybe so... But if your a professional NFL player and you can't get a good game in the first 7 games of the season.. Most of the time that player will be let go..He needs to count his blessings that we didn't say by by.. Hoping he's seen the light..I think he has,, but in the first half of last year you could see in his eyes." The lights may be on, but nobody be home!"

Well the injuries pushed him to the slot for a bit which was an awful spot for him.  Once he moved back out to boundary, he was very good

44 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Maybe so... But if your a professional NFL player and you can't get a good game in the first 7 games of the season.. Most of the time that player will be let go..He needs to count his blessings that we didn't say by by.. Hoping he's seen the light..I think he has,, but in the first half of last year you could see in his eyes." The lights may be on, but nobody be home!"

He was trying to cover guys with zero pass rush in front of him in a vanilla *** scheme

2 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I’m glad Tru is ballin again, but you have to give some credit/blame to the defensive front.

No one can cover someone for 5 and 6 seconds. Rumor has it, one of our opposing QBs read War and Peace while waiting for his receivers to get open last year.

This pretty much sums it all up.  Best post of the day so far

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

For any Tru haters out there:

Dude has produced a 0.0 QB passer rating in the first two weeks of the season.

That hasn't happened since Ronde Barber in 2010

It helps the Minnesota game had basically one-quarter's worth of passing plays for our defense to defend, and most of those went to Oliver who was mismatched against Thielen. But, not taking anything away from Tru, he has been as good as ever and definitely playing at an elite level. 

5 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I owe him an apolligy for sure.. But the reason was because of how he played last year...  He looked DONE.. OVER.. and Out.  But he's been playing this year like the best in the league so far... this year.. If he can keep that up.. WE will be hard to beat by the playoffs.. Because he was the only person I thought we should have replaced.. I don't know what happened to him and what somebody told him.. and don't care.He probably saw the wrighting  on the wall after the draft.. I'm just glad he's playing like the best in the league right now.. Sure hope he can do that for this full season. We have a great chance to go deep into the playoffs...

The funny thing is that he didn't look done.  He had a bad first half and was much better in the 2nd half.  People were just unwilling to give a fair assessment, because of how bad his first half was. Once these boards have an opinion on a player, most do not change their opinion.  After a player has been labeled terrible, it takes forever for that sentiment to change.  

we all knew what we had in Tru. Glad he's back.

We all have no idea what lingering injuries the dude has been playing with or gawd knows what in his personal life (the Vontae Davis article on his snap retirement was very interesting, gave a fresh insight), all I know is mentally and physically he's back to what we were used to. Which was a pro bowl CB who couldn't catch. He still can't catch, but you can tell he's put the work in.

Good for you Tru. Good for us, too.

3 minutes ago, MattM12 said:

we all knew what we had in Tru. Glad he's back.

We all have no idea what lingering injuries the dude has been playing with or gawd knows what in his personal life (the Vontae Davis article on his snap retirement was very interesting, gave a fresh insight), all I know is mentally and physically he's back to what we were used to. Which was a pro bowl CB who couldn't catch. He still can't catch, but you can tell he's put the work in.

Good for you Tru. Good for us, too.

Yup