WhenFalconsWin

Is this Tru?

71 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Because he played fine, you guys just think a corner has to give up 0 catches to be good.

Last thought on this, I think that Tru is playing a lot better because our D# as a whole is playing a lot better.. and because of that,, causeing the opposing QBs to get rid of the ball sooner even if they are not set.... and Tru is getting the help he needs from the DL to cause havac that causes those type plays.

GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

Last thought on this, I think that Tru is playing a lot better because our D# as a whole is playing a lot better.. and because of that,, causeing the opposing QBs to get rid of the ball sooner even if they are not set.... and Tru is getting the help he needs from the DL to cause havac that causes those type plays.

You guys think he played better because he got two picks last game.

Y'all think picks equals good, no picks equals bad.

falconsd56 likes this

15 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You guys think he played better because he got two picks last game.

Y'all think picks equals good, no picks equals bad.

That is about the skinny of it here.

Ovie_Lover likes this

9 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw how sorry he played last year.. Because he stunk it up... I've never seen anything like his turn around this year..  No telling what he may have been dealing with last year... what ever it was.. it was bad! Because he did stink bad last year!! He needs to be glad he got another chance. He's playing like he is glad and trying to prove he belongs here. 

He was playing slot last year. It’s really that simple. When he moved back to outside he was better. PLUS the fact that you all still undermine the value of Rico to the secondary when he’s back there. Alf also had his worst season as a falcon. The entire defense was bad. But in context he did move to slot. Which is NOT an easy spot to play. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

7 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Call it what you will.  It's the truth.. The HC was the blame for the others not getting the job done.. I was pointing out that Tru was not well during the time he played bad.. I think your wanting to argue , I'm not your guy.. I just state facts and let it lay. 

Those your named like Ryan and the others didn't play well because the Coaching,, that was very evident to me. But Tru looked like he was sick,, I don't know what it was, I'm just glad he's playing like his old self.. Never seen such a contrast... But happy for what ever reason Trufant struggled last year.

He was playing slot when he was playing bad. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

The funny thing is that he didn't look done.  He had a bad first half and was much better in the 2nd half.  People were just unwilling to give a fair assessment, because of how bad his first half was. Once these boards have an opinion on a player, most do not change their opinion.  After a player has been labeled terrible, it takes forever for that sentiment to change.  

That’s about how the cookie crumbles. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

8 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Not to downgrade Tru, but we've played 2 games and in 1 of them the opponent hardly passed at all because they were sitting on a lead and running all over us.

I avoid making conclusions based on such a small sample size.

He looks like he is about to hug a really large person as he tracks the ball with his hands, kind of like my sister trying to catch...

Hope he continues to stay on guys, but would not bet interceptions continue...

11 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Not to downgrade Tru, but we've played 2 games and in 1 of them the opponent hardly passed at all because they were sitting on a lead and running all over us.

32 teams. 2 starting CB’s per team. 10 seasons. It’s happened one other time out of 640 possible opportunities for it to happen.

I don’t think we need to make more of it than it is. But that makes it more rare than a QB throwing for 500 yards in one game or a WR posting 250 receiving yards, so i think it deserves the same props as we would any other player/position having an outstanding performance.

10 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I’m glad Tru is ballin again, but you have to give some credit/blame to the defensive front.

No one can cover someone for 5 and 6 seconds. Rumor has it, one of our opposing QBs read War and Peace while waiting for his receivers to get open last year.

So "tru". They had all day last year. Lack of pass rush plus rico, debo and neal being gone makes a huge difference. 

Emmitt and Boise Falcon Fan like this

On 9/19/2019 at 7:31 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

Nope, it doesn't work like that.

Dude is ballin' me saying something isn't going to change that. 

You don't walk under latter's, open an umbrella indoors, or cross paths with a black cat...I get you man

You don’t talk about a no hitter either, and that’s essentially what he has going on

23 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

You don’t talk about a no hitter either, and that’s essentially what he has going on

That's BS superstition too.

23 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

He has not been challenged significantly just yet...he will have a stiffer test against TY, as well as really tested against physical wideouts like Evans and Thomas later on.

TheUsualStuff likes this

12 hours ago, pzummo said:

32 teams. 2 starting CB’s per team. 10 seasons. It’s happened one other time out of 640 possible opportunities for it to happen.

I don’t think we need to make more of it than it is. But that makes it more rare than a QB throwing for 500 yards in one game or a WR posting 250 receiving yards, so i think it deserves the same props as we would any other player/position having an outstanding performance.

No matter how rare, it is still based on a very small sample size and can hardly be used a predictor of season long production being my point. 

It deserves it's props for what it was.. much like that time Ryan Tannehill had the 3rd highest completion % in NFL history because he went 18-19 in one game.

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

Commentator: “Kicker hasn’t missed a field goal in X amount of tries”

Kicker: misses field goal

HAPPENS ALL THE TIME

you can speak things into existence. Or jinx them.

:flush: as he/she rubs their lucky rabbit's foot.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, EJmusic said:

But they knew he was coming back from injury so no, he wasn't going to be let go.

In 2017 he was coming back from injury.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, MattM12 said:

so for the haters, fun stat.

Tru has more picks than passes allowed this year. 

Dayum, he was quietly good yesterday.

Yep .. still Tru . Still a dud . Atleast he was good all preseason & 1 game . He sucks again . 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

On 9/20/2019 at 1:25 PM, MattM12 said:

so for the haters, fun stat.

Tru has more picks than passes allowed this year. 

Lmfaoo ..