FalconsIn2012

What We Know After Two Weeks: Quinn & Belichick

81 posts in this topic

Admittedly, You don’t know a whole lot after two weeks, but an identity has started to be formed  and here is what we know:

• Belichick & Quinn still have it as DC’s.  They are the only two HC’s also moonlighting as DC, and the results speak for themselves:

¥ Total Defense: NE is #1.  ATL is #3

¥ Yards Per Play: NE is #1.  ATL is #4

• Turnovers:  the Falcons have to get this under control.  Teams average drive starts at the 50 yard line.  You can really see the impact when looking at Opponents Yards Per Point:

¥ NE is #1 making teams go a staggering 164 yards per point allowed..LOLOL.  #2 is at 35 yards per point.

¥ ATL is tied with Miami for dead last.  Teams have to go just 11 yards per point allowed

- Conclusion: Quinn still has it.  The offense has held us back but once the turnover issue and run game get on track, watch out.  Could be a special year.

P.S.  Patriots let their best OL and defensive player walk.  The results: 

• Offense: 38 ppg

- Defense: 1.5 ppg

Thanks for these stats @FalconsIn2020 very intriguing. 

The Falcons defense in turnover margin or forcing turnovers has been a recurring problem for Dan Quinn teams the past few years now. It would help if our defense can force more turnovers and put our offense in good field position more often. 

Edited by mqg96
FalconsIn2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They didnt even get close to letting their best defensive player walk.

Can we wait more than two weeks? They just shutout a tanking Dolphins team. Of course their stats are amazing.

I was about to say, that dolphins game probably inflates a lot of the stats. 

11 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

That and the "identity being formed" is what gets me the most. This team in week 2 is nothing like what we saw in week 17 in 2016.

If we go by week 2, Lamarr is probably MVP this year, Ravens look like the best offensive in NFL history, Bill's and Patriots fight for the division, etc

TheFatboi likes this

24 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They didnt even get close to letting their best defensive player walk.

Can we wait more than two weeks? They just shutout a tanking Dolphins team. Of course their stats are amazing.

1.5 ppg against a college team over two games is impressive.  Pitt is still decent.

I appreciate your insightful contribution to this thread

30 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Not really considering they’ve allowed just 3 points in two games

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

1.5 ppg against a college team over two games is impressive.  Pitt is still decent.

I appreciate your insightful contribution to this thread

If we go by the average of two games then you're going with the Falcons giving up over 100 yds rushing a game.

That's not going to happen as the season goes on. You dont form an identity in week 2, **** you dont even start to form that yet. Was the team that killed GB the same team as week 2? No. Wasn't even the same team that actually played GB in the regular season.

3 points against Pitt was nice, little less nice after they sucked against Seattle until Rudolph came in.

And the Dolphins are actually tanking. Def not impressive by any means.

falcons007 likes this

29 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Biggest problem with DQ coached teams is discipline.They play on and over the edge.Procedural penalties also echo this issue.

Good observation. I like an edgy team, but you have to play smart as well

kiwifalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Not really considering they’ve allowed just 3 points in two games

And we've allowed 48, will we continue giving up 24 a game? Will we continue to score 18 a game?

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If we go by the average of two games then you're going with the Falcons giving up over 100 yds rushing a game.

That's not going to happen as the season goes on. You dont form an identity in week 2, **** you dont even start to form that yet. Was the team that killed GB the same team as week 2? No. Wasn't even the same team that actually played GB in the regular season.

3 points against Pitt was nice, little less nice after they sucked against Seattle until Rudolph came in.

And the Dolphins are actually tanking. Def not impressive by any means.

Bro, read the very first sentence in OP.  You can only post about the games played.  

Just now, FalconsIn2020 said:

Good observation. I like an edgy team, but you have to play smart as well

I’m with you on that one too.

Its really the only thing I hate about his teams.Beating or making it harder for yourself to win with the mentioned.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

And we've allowed 48, will we continue giving up 24 a game? Will we continue to score 18 a game?

A lot of our points allowed are due to Minn/Eagles avg drive being on our side of the field.  We’ve had a much more difficult start than NE

Nino11 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

Bro, read the very first sentence in OP.  You can only post about the games played.  

You said we are forming an identity. If that's the case we are last year's Bucs on offense and a team you can just run to beat.

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

You said we are forming an identity. If that's the case we are last year's Bucs on offense and a team you can just run to beat.

We are starting to form one.  You don’t think?

A lot of our points allowed are due to Minn/Eagles avg drive being on our side of the field.  We’ve had a much more difficult start than NE

But that's our identity now right?

And I thought NE had an impressive start? You're telling me Miami isn't on the Vikings or Eagles level? 

We are starting to form one.  You don’t think?

No its week 2. We dont know this team or any other team. We didnt find ourselves until after the cheifs game in 2016, what week was that?

But that's our identity now right?

And I thought NE had an impressive start? You're telling me Miami isn't on the Vikings or Eagles level? 

Only if Ryan throws 40 INT’s this year/. But I think we all agree that is an outlier at the moment

Only if Ryan throws 40 INT’s this year/. But I think we all agree that is an outlier at the moment

But giving up 3 points in 2 games isn't an outlier? Pats play the dolphins all year or something?

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No its week 2. We dont know this team or any other team. We didnt find ourselves until after the cheifs game in 2016, what week was that?

Well when does a team START forming its identity?  I thought your identity started being formed the first snap of the regular season

But giving up 3 points in 2 games isn't an outlier? Pats play the dolphins all year or something?

Who thinks NE will allow just 1.5 ppg on the em season?  Not me.  But  my point was they are doing well despite losing their best defensive player

Well when does a team START forming its identity?  I thought your identity started being formed the first snap of the regular season

No matter how many drills you run in the offseason you really dont know what your team can and can't do. You also dont know what they do best, especially with a new OC, DC, STC. Its gonna take a good bit before this team finds its identity.

ltstorm2 likes this

Who thinks NE will allow just 1.5 ppg on the em season?  Not me.  But  my point was they are doing well despite losing their best defensive player

Flowers is no where near their best defensive player lol!!!!!