Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconJim

Looks like the Ra'Shede Hageman experiment is OVER!

52 posts in this topic

Why do people assume he wont get picked up by another team, or signed here later if we sustain injuries? The Falcoholic reported he was already showing his elite power in the limited number of snaps in preseason before the injury. 

People are acting like he got cut because he wasn't playing well. He got injured ,and we are absolutely stacked at DT so we don't reasonably have room for him even if we wanted to keep him.  If our DT position wasn't stacked already, he'd probably still be here.  I doubt TD and DQ realized just how %$# good this DL was going to be the day we signed Shede, I know us fans certainly had no idea. Many here were trashing  the acquisition of Davison and panicking because we didn’t draft a DT in 1st round because the need was desperate. We know now we were all set at DT.

Vandy, vitaman and Falcons Fan MVP like this

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Why do people assume he wont get picked up by another team, or signed here later if we sustain injuries? The Falcoholic reported he was already showing his elite power in the limited number of snaps in preseason before the injury. 

People are acting like he got cut because he wasn't playing well. He got injured ,and we are absolutely stacked at DT so we don't reasonably have room for him even if we wanted to keep him.  If our DT position wasn't stacked already, he'd probably still be here.  I doubt TD and DQ realized just how %$# good this DL was going to be the day we signed Shede, I know us fans certainly had no idea. Many here were trashing  the acquisition of Davison .

Very true.

sometimes we can overcome our screwups in life and still chase our dreams, other times the consequences from those screwups force a new direction. 

kiwifalcon and gazoo like this

What the team did was smart, they let his suspension games fall off, so if a DT on the team gets injured this year, we sign hageman again and he'll be ready to be depth on the day Sunday hes signed

2 hours ago, athell said:

Why?

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Was gonna ask the same thing but changed my mind. He made absolutely nothing out of his opportunities when he wasn’t injured. 

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Someone's gotta carry the towels to the laundry.

He was a pretty good run stopper. I think he could have helped us against the Vikings when they were running all over us. He is good at blocking FG's and extra points. 

Vandy and athell like this

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He was a pretty good run stopper. I think he could have helped us against the Vikings when they were running all over us. He is good at blocking FG's and extra points. 

Don't forget we are talking about a dude who has been out of football for 2 years.  I highly doubt he would have given any kind of boost to the run defense, doubly considering they did all their damage on the edges.

From a football standpoint...Shede was just another raw project player who had flashes but ultimately didn't pan out.

From a personal standpoint...Shede was seemingly starting to string together his life and career and then he was suspended.  He has an underdog feel to him, and it makes it very easy to root for him.  Wish him the best wherever he lands.

17 minutes ago, athell said:

Don't forget we are talking about a dude who has been out of football for 2 years.  I highly doubt he would have given any kind of boost to the run defense, doubly considering they did all their damage on the edges.

From a football standpoint...Shede was just another raw project player who had flashes but ultimately didn't pan out.

From a personal standpoint...Shede was seemingly starting to string together his life and career and then he was suspended.  He has an underdog feel to him, and it makes it very easy to root for him.  Wish him the best wherever he lands.

He was raw and he was a project when drafted.

Kerney and Roddy White took into their 3rd seasons to become consistent. Our fans were calling Kerney and Roddy White busts and wanted them cut after their second seasons. 

Then, in year 3, Roddy and Kerney exploded. For Hageman, the lights turned on middle of his 3rd season and he did become consistent and was played more in rotation and then in playoffs he was absolutely crushing it, blowing up double teams and OL with explosive raw power. He was constantly in the backfield in the 2016 playoffs and Super Bowl harassing QBs.

For whatever reason, people refuse to admit he was raw, hardly played at all his rookie season, phased in slowly his second season,  and didn’t find his game until midway through his 3rd season. 

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

He was raw. Like Kerney and Roddy White. Our fans were calling Kerney and Roddy White busts and wanted them cut after their second seasons. 

Then, in year 3, Roddy and Kerney exploded. For Hageman, the lights turned on middle of his 3rd season and he did become consistent and was played more in rotation and then in playoffs he was absolutely crushing it, blowing up double teams and OL with explosive raw power. He was constantly in the backfield in the 2016 playoffs and Super Bowl harassing QBs.

For whatever reason, people refuse to admit he was raw, hardly played at all his rookie season, phased in slowly his second season,  and didn’t find his game until midway through his 3rd season. 

He was absolutely, 100% raw.  I don't think we did him any favors by selecting him as high as we did.  With that 2nd round status, fans expect a good to great nfl starter and sooner rather than later.  Shede was not that...until the very end.  He had a great stretch at the end of our 16 season and playoffs and that really sucks because then the suspension(s) hit and completely derailed his career.  Dude was an athletic freak, I still remember watching his hype videos around draft time and being wow'd.

gazoo, Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

3 minutes ago, athell said:

With that 2nd round status, fans expect a good to great nfl starter and sooner rather than later.

Yep, the fans expectations sometimes are unrealistic. I mean, if you are mad a 2nd round pick was a developmental player, and the player isn’t developed yet, your issue is with TD, not the player, unless you expected Hageman to refuse to be drafted that high. 

He was already flashing 2016 level ability in his few snaps this preseason, I doubt his football career is over at this point, unless he’s got the Kapernik Curse.

5 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Yep, the fans expectations sometimes are unrealistic. I mean, if you are mad a 2nd round pick was a developmental player, and the player isn’t developed yet, your issue is with TD, not the player, unless you expected Hageman to refuse to be drafted that high. 

He was already flashing 2016 level ability in his few snaps this preseason, I doubt his football career is over at this point, unless he’s got the Kapernik Curse.

Let it go bro. Hags is done. Ya let Saubet go, let Hags go.

ya_boi_j and RING OF HONOR like this

38 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Our problems against the run against the Vikings weren't something adding Hageman to would have fixed

Just now, hjerry said:

Our problems against the run against the Vikings weren't something adding Hageman to would have fixed

What? You mean a DT isn't stopping an edge run? Crazy I say.

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Lol at the idea that we can never be dissapointed in a player, but only in those who drafted them

both/and not either/or

I just appreciate the fact they brought him back and gave him a shot. That showed something real & authentic in my eyes whether he gets his career back on track in Atlanta or not. He def was trending upward when we lost him and I think had he made it here for a fourth season him & Grady would have been mentioned as one of the top DTackle tandems in the league. That being said I hope he doesnt lose his hunger because if he can fight his way back after two years he should be able to make a roster somewhere in the NFL.

Vandy likes this

8 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I just appreciate the fact they brought him back and gave him a shot. That showed something real & authentic in my eyes whether he gets his career back on track in Atlanta or not. He def was trending upward when we lost him and I think had he made it here for a fourth season him & Grady would have been mentioned as one of the top DTackle tandems in the league. That being said I hope he doesnt lose his hunger because if he can fight his way back after two years he should be able to make a roster somewhere in the NFL.

Yup, I think so as well. 

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

Lol at the idea that we can never be dissapointed in a player, but only in those who drafted them

both/and not either/or

I agree, it would be silly to suggest we can’t be disappointed in an NFL player, only at the person who drafted him.

Of course, it would also be silly to get mad at player drafted in the second round who wasn’t close to being ready to play, because he was wasn’t close to being ready to play. Your issue would be on the GM in that case, unless you are irrational and expect a player who isn’t ready to play, to be ready to play, simply because he was picked in the second round. 

23 hours ago, FalconJim said:
FLOWERY BRANCH — 

Defensive lineman Ra’Shede Hageman, who finished his two-game suspension, was waived/injured by the Falcons on Monday. Hageman, 29, was trying to make a comeback after being out of the NFL for two seasons. He was on the reserve/suspended list after joining the Falcons in training camp. 

He never panned out for a second round pick. Plus he couldn't stay out of trouble. Wasted his opportunity for big bucks.

FalconJim likes this

On 9/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, samuel said:

He never panned out for a second round pick. Plus he couldn't stay out of trouble. Wasted his opportunity for big bucks.

Yes, amazing how these guys squander their chance at being RICH!!!