Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FentayeJones

Another Baldy Breakdown

42 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

This was the play I loved the most.  The twist worked perfectly.  We don’t run them often it seems.  And Vic showed great awareness.  We need more of this

That offseason basketball tournament he held really paid off there :ninja: great coverage.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Most underrated aspect of the game was how we completely 100% shut down Sproles and Sanders in the passing game. The job Deion Jones did covering the RBs all game was magnificent and should have gotten him more mentions as the POTG.

I can tell Dan Quinn is designing game plans again.  He played mostly man coverage and often put space between our DL so it was harder for the big, strong Pro Bowl OL to tie them up in double teams.  

Look at the DL alignment in that clip on a 1st and 20. Grady and Crawford are lined up in B Gaps and the DEs are out wide able to burst off the line without getting tied up on blocks before making their inside moves. It blew the play up. LG Seumalo  was confused and not in position to anchor against Takks bull rush and got destroyed, RT Lane had no chance to block Beasley when he cut inside.

Speaking of our defense:

Even when you consider the Vikings didn’t throw much b/c the game got sideways; double our number and we are still tied for 3rd place.

Eraser Allen, the whole unit and DQ are showing some results early.

I always figured the Defense would start looking better before the offense. Just with the OL and Freeman’s return from injury + Dirk and MM meshing.

38 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I don’t understand why none of the Wentz throwaways were Intentional Grounding calls.  He had 4-5 iirc, including the one in this video.  He’s in the tackle box, the throw is behind the LOS, he hits his center in the leg with it...

At the least illegal contact by the OL.

NOVAFalconFan and Ergo Proxy like this

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Speaking of our defense:

Even when you consider the Vikings didn’t throw much b/c the game got sideways; double our number and we are still tied for 3rd place.

I always figured the Defense would start looking better before he offense. Just with the OL and Freeman’s return from injury + Dirk and MM meshing.

More than DQ it’s Debo and Allen being back healthy. Last year this team got hammered with explosive plays.

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

More than DQ it’s Debo and Allen being back healthy. Last year this team got hammered with explosive plays.

Ya and I recall 2017; while not a very efficient defense at getting off the field before the stretch and playoffs, they also did not allow many big plays at all.

My only gripe with 2017 D is not getting more out of the DL while Poe was here. Takk doing way more now. Granted, he was a rookie before but this has a chance to be what many thought 2017 D was.

51 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I don’t understand why none of the Wentz throwaways were Intentional Grounding calls.  He had 4-5 iirc, including the one in this video.  He’s in the tackle box, the throw is behind the LOS, he hits his center in the leg with it...

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

At the least illegal contact by the OL.

It should have been. Arch called for this flag on the radio broadcast of the game.

NOVAFalconFan likes this

48 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Speaking of our defense:

I always figured the Defense would start looking better before the offense. Just with the OL and Freeman’s return from injury + Dirk and MM meshing.

Hmm, we play some of those bottom teams...soon.

1 hour ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Homer Zebras gonna homer, except of course when they're in the MBS. lulz  :ninja:

1 hour ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Sanders was in the vicinity of the pass, so it wouldn't be intentional grounding.

Some have brought up illegal touching, but per rule:

ARTICLE 8. ILLEGAL TOUCHING OF A FORWARD PASS.
It is a foul for illegal touching if a forward pass (legal or illegal) thrown from behind the line of scrimmage:
(a) is first touched intentionally or is caught by an originally ineligible offensive player;

or
Penalty: Loss of five yards at the previous spot.
(b) first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds, either of his own volition or by being legally forced out of bounds, and has re-established himself inbounds.
Penalty:
Loss of down at the previous spot.
Notes:
(1) If a forward pass (legal or illegal) is caught by an ineligible offensive player, the ball remains alive.
32 Rule 8, Section 1
(2) The bat of a pass in flight by any player does not end a pass, nor does it change the impetus if the bat
sends it in touch.
(3) If a player touches the ball after having been out of bounds, but prior to re-establishing himself inbounds with both
feet or any part of his body other than his hands, the pass is incomplete, and there is no penalty for illegal touching.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyword being intentionally as in Lane Johnson would have had to intentionally touch the ball, which he did not.

Haven’t seen enough praise from the media for the job our d-line did against a GREAT eagles o-line. We’ve been waiting for Takk and Beasley to show up like they did against Philly. They were always the missing link to a truly good defense, if they can keep it up there’s no reason our D can’t or won’t be top 5 at the end of the year. 

VTCrunkler, PokerSteve and Drew4719 like this

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Thought Crawford holding thee point of attack at the LOS was important to with Kielce pulling across behind him also gave no where for Wentz to go.

Beasley and Takk crashing down basically culled this play.

Just a well used executed play by our front 4.