Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Falcons at Colts predictions.

57 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They need to stop going through coaches all the time. Matt Ryan is probably tired of it. If I was Arthur Blank I'd keep Quinn and Koetter as long as possible.

The only OC we fired was Sark. The others were hired away to be HC.

16 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Going back and looking at their game vs the Titans, and I must say they throw a barrage of different looks at you offensively.  They’re really catering to trying to protect Brissett with a lot of tight or bunch formations.  If we get pressure on Brissett, we have to bring him down.  He’s got scrambling ability and we struggled with getting Wentz in the ground last week.  

Priority number 1 is to make a beyond concerted effort to stop the run.

After watching the Titans last night,, I wouldn't read anything into that! They are pitiful this year... Sad because I like pulling for them as a 2nd team being I live right here close to Tenn, and work there some also. Got Henry on my fantasy league ,, Just pitiful last night... Good thing I have the best team in my league,, I'm pretty good at drafting,, I'm stacked!! 

16 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I don’t think they score much on us. 31-10. Free gets going and play action does the rest. 

I disagree. Colts won't  lose like that at home. I think the colts will score alot more than 10. Also if the colts get pressure  like I think they will the falcons may not reach 31 either.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, Draftnut57 said:

Wow! I was feeling pretty good about this game until I saw this post...  That is impressive for sure... The only problem is for them ,, they will be playing The Falcons.. With a QB named Matty Ice... and Ryan will make Ice Cream out of them Yankees !!  

Colts will be fine. Rivers plays just as well as matty ice and they faired well against him at home. They will fare just as well vs. Matt ice at home especially  considering  matt ice has been throwing  as many ints as tds recently. 

1 minute ago, Rpgczar7 said:

I disagree. Colts won't  lose like that at home. I think the colts will score alot more than 10. Also if the colts get pressure  like I think they will the falcons may not reach 31 either.

I think the falcons will for the colts into some turnovers and that’s how they get 31. I think we get up 2 scores early on them and that’s why we hold them to 10. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

I think the falcons will for the colts into some turnovers and that’s how they get 31. I think we get up 2 scores early on them and that’s why we hold them to 10. 

Idk Brissett  doesn't  turn over the football much. Also they worse the colts have scored  is 19 on the road. They def scoring more than 10 at home.

Colts will be fine. Rivers plays just as well as matty ice and they faired well against him at home. They will fare just as well vs. Matt ice at home especially  considering  matt ice has been throwing  as many ints as tds recently. 

They play cover 2 and 3. Not man like Minny and Philly. That’s what Matt wants. Zone. The int’s are not a the norm. I do like the colts pressure and it will be an issue. 

Idk Brissett  doesn't  turn over the football much. Also they worse the colts have scored  is 19 on the road. They def scoring more than 10 at home.

I’m not saying just Brissett. He’s a good qb. I said the colts. Meaning a pick from him or a fumble from Mack. Not soley Brissett. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

They play cover 2 and 3. Not man like Minny and Philly. That’s what Matt wants. Zone. The int’s are not a the norm. I do like the colts pressure and it will be an issue. 

Colts have been  mixing  in more  man with their defense  this year.

Like it or not, Jacoby Brissett's record as a starting QB is only 6-13. He was 4-11 in 2017 with the Colts. His team's have scored only 324 points in his 19 career starts. That's an average of 17.1 points per game. So while he does put up decent, not great, passing numbers and protects the ball, his offenses just don't score very many points with him under center. In fact, they've only reached 19 points in 8 of those 19 games and only reached 30 once. History says that the Colts will score 20 or less on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

Last time colts played Rivers at home was 3 years ago. They had a different HC and different QB, and every single defensive starter is different from 2016 and 2019.  Can't see there's too much information be drawn from that.

Current version of the colts just had 30 points put up by a Rivers led team in a loss. Think that's more useful information.

And Ryan is one of the most all time accurate passers in the NFL, with one of the top int% of all time as well. Relying on him to throw picks is not the way to win games.

Here's another thing to take into consideration with Brissett, despite him being a mobile guy, he gets sacked fairly often. In 2 starts for the Patriots in 2016 he was sacked 6 times, in 2017 with the Colts he was sacked 52 times and he's already been sacked 5 times in 2 games this year. With how improved the Falcons pass rush is I'll be surprised if the Falcons don't rack up a minimum of 4 sacks come Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Like it or not, Jacoby Brissett's record as a starting QB is only 6-13. He was 4-11 in 2017 with the Colts. His team's have scored only 324 points in his 19 career starts. That's an average of 17.1 points per game. So while he does put up decent, not great, passing numbers and protects the ball, his offenses just don't score very many points with him under center. In fact, they've only reached 19 points in 8 of those 19 games and only reached 30 once. History says that the Colts will score 20 or less on Sunday.

Any stats for 2017 are irrelevant  as colts had a worse oline then. Brissett  is on pace to throw 40 tds this year he only threw 13 that year.

Just now, Rpgczar7 said:

Any stats for 2017 are irrelevant  as colts had a worse oline then. Brissett  is on pace to throw 40 tds this year he only threw 13 that year.

Not totally irrelevant because 2016 with the Patriots Brissett started 2 games and the Patriots are a good team and won the Super Bowl that year and in one of those starts the Brissett led Patriots lost 16-0 at home against the Bills. Brissett isn't going to put a team on his back and beat them. Just ain't happening.

3 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Last time colts played Rivers at home was 3 years ago. They had a different HC and different QB, and every single defensive starter is different from 2016 and 2019.  Can't see there's too much information be drawn from that.

Current version of the colts just had 30 points put up by a Rivers led team in a loss. Think that's more useful information.

And Ryan is one of the most all time accurate passers in the NFL, with one of the top int% of all time as well. Relying on him to throw picks is not the way to win games.

Pressure from Houston turay and autry will be how we win if we win. They won't  just stand back and let matt ryan blow them out at home when rivers couldn't  do it on the road

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not totally irrelevant because 2016 with the Patriots Brissett started 2 games and the Patriots are a good team and won the Super Bowl that year and in one of those starts the Brissett led Patriots lost 16-0 at home against the Bills. Brissett isn't going to put a team on his back and beat them. Just ain't happening.

Too early  to say. Brissett  certainly  has the arm to put the team on his back. We just haven't  asked him to.

3 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

Too early  to say. Brissett  certainly  has the arm to put the team on his back. We just haven't  asked him to.

That's because Brissett isn't capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them to victory. He takes too many sacks for that to happen. Sacks kill drives because they put you in long yardage situations. Brissett's longest pass completion this year is 25 yards. You're either grossly overstating Jacob Brissett or badly underselling Atlanta's improvement defensively. You're putting way too much stock in one of those and it's up to you to figure out which one.