Falcons at Colts predictions.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just win baby.

I say the offense hits the 30 point mark for the first time this season, the defensive front shuts down the run game again, and we get some key turnovers from the special teams. All 3 phases look

We smoke em,  34-13.

Falcons 23

Colts 17

Falcons move the ball but kick several field goals due to Indy's tight defense. Vinatieri misses a couple field goals and the game is out of reach for Indy in the 4th at 23-10. Colts get a garbage time TD late making the score look closer than the game actually is. Ultimately, the Colts lose due to the kicker.

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Well before I make my predictions. Let me say this. Dan Quinn is 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl). The Falcons are 2-14 all time in the series vs. the Colts. This upcoming game against the Colts in Indianapolis feels like a mirror image of the Browns. We were coming off high of a win (or a win streak). We felt so confident. We thought the Browns were bad because of how they were the previous years. This time we think the Colts are bad because Andrew Luck isn't there. However, I always took note of the stats. No matter how good or bad the Browns or Colts are, they historically own us.

Have we learned anything from the Falcons against AFC opponents, even the most mediocre ones, the last few seasons? This is going to be a very tough game for the Falcons to win. Our only 2 wins ever vs the Colts were in 1998, a 14-2 Super Bowl Falcons team vs a 3-13 Colts team in Peyton Manning's rookie season, which we only won at home 28-21, and then in 2011 we were 10-6 and the Colts were 2-14, a year removed from Peyton Manning but a year before Andrew Luck.

In 2015, the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck when they played us and we still lost at home. So we have to be very careful in this game. The Falcons showed a lot of resiliency in that game vs the Eagles, but we still have a lot of vulnerability on the offensive side of the ball. 

The Falcons 2-14 record against Indy is irrelevant. So is Dan Quinn's record against the AFC. 

Many fans are setting themselves up for a boogeyman scapegoat come Sunday early evening.  Indy has a better OL than the Eagles and everyone was talking about how much issue that will cause for us.  While the DL played tremendously better last week, this week will tell us everything we need to know about improvement in that area.  Indy defense is underrated as well.  They put out a top 10 defense last year and only got better this year.  

Said all that to say Falcons close 24-23

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Well before I make my predictions. Let me say this. Dan Quinn is 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl). The Falcons are 2-14 all time in the series vs. the Colts. ...

Falcons were 0-3 in the last 3 games against the eagles before last Sunday.

Just don't care that the falcons are 2-14 all time against the Colts, half of those victories came in the 60s.

Ryan is 1-1 vs the colts. In the loss, Person was the center. The starters on the defense included TJax, Soliai, Reed, Worrilow, Durant and Moore.

This is a much different team than the teams that went 1-13.

See no reason to assume a loss just because of a bunch of losses in the 60s.

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Falcons were 0-3 in the last 3 games against the eagles before last Sunday.

Just don't care that the falcons are 2-14 all time against the Colts, half of those victories came in the 60s.

Ryan is 1-1 vs the colts. In the loss, Person was the center. The starters on the defense included TJax, Soliai, Reed, Worrilow, Durant and Moore.

This is a much different team than the teams that went 1-13.

See no reason to assume a loss just because of a bunch of losses in the 60s.

Colts fan here. This games winner will be determined by who wins the battle  up front. If Ryan has all day to throw  then 38 to 17 falcons. If the colts get lots of pressure  28 to 24 colts.

5 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

Colts fan here. This games winner will be determined by who wins the battle  up front. If Ryan has all day to throw  then 38 to 17 falcons. If the colts get lots of pressure  28 to 24 colts.

The Falcons aren't going to put up 38 on the Colts defense. I think your kicker is going to cost you this game personally.

1 minute ago, Rpgczar7 said:

If the colts are missing both their top CB and stud LB, going to be a long day for colts fans. Know the CB is out, don't expect the LB to clear concussion protocol by Sunday.

I expect the falcons to be able to move the ball through the air and the falcon defense to slow the colts offense way down. Thinking 31-17 type game falcons.

9 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

We haven't been a good road team lately and the Colts look pretty decent so probably going to be a close one. Hope I'm wrong and the Falcons crush the Colts though lol,  

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If the colts are missing both their top CB and stud LB, going to be a long day for colts fans. Know the CB is out, don't expect the LB to clear concussion protocol by Sunday.

I expect the falcons to be able to move the ball through the air and the falcon defense to slow the colts offense way down. Thinking 31-17 type game falcons.

Actually  leonard and desir  being out is the least of my worries.  As I stated before  Leonard  has not been  playing as well so far this year and I love our depth at lb and cb. Anthony walker is actually  a bigger  piece to our d than leonard as he gets every  one lined up and he had a better season than cj mosely last year, but nobody mentioned him because of how Leonard played. Ej speed and okereke  are capable  of filling in for Leonard  and the colts still have jalen collins that they can call up if need be.  Rock, wilson, and moore are all capable  defenders if our pass rush gets home. That's  really my only concern.  If Ryan has all day to throw it wouldn't  matter  if we had Jalen ramsey, Richard  Sherman, and deon sanders in their prime because  we'd get smoked. The colts plan is run the ball to keep it away from Ryan and his weapons and get pressure  on Ryan to force mistakes. Colts have to do both well to win because they can't  win a shoot out  with Brissett.  Atleast they haven't  proven they can yet.

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Well before I make my predictions. Let me say this. Dan Quinn is 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl). The Falcons are 2-14 all time in the series vs. the Colts. This upcoming game against the Colts in Indianapolis feels like a mirror image of the Browns. We were coming off high of a win (or a win streak). We felt so confident. We thought the Browns were bad because of how they were the previous years. This time we think the Colts are bad because Andrew Luck isn't there. However, I always took note of the stats. No matter how good or bad the Browns or Colts are, they historically own us.

Have we learned anything from the Falcons against AFC opponents, even the most mediocre ones, the last few seasons? This is going to be a very tough game for the Falcons to win. Our only 2 wins ever vs the Colts were in 1998, a 14-2 Super Bowl Falcons team vs a 3-13 Colts team in Peyton Manning's rookie season, which we only won at home 28-21, and then in 2011 we were 10-6 and the Colts were 2-14, a year removed from Peyton Manning but a year before Andrew Luck.

In 2015, the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck when they played us and we still lost at home. So we have to be very careful in this game. The Falcons showed a lot of resiliency in that game vs the Eagles, but we still have a lot of vulnerability on the offensive side of the ball. 

Do circumstances mean anything to you? This was 2015. The players were learning a brand new offense and adjusting to life under a new head coach. That won't be the case, at least not entirely, this time around.

11 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We haven't been a good road team lately and the Colts look pretty decent so probably going to be a close one. Hope I'm wrong and the Falcons crush the Colts though lol,  

I'm expecting  a close game. This colts team has alot of fight in them. Think that comes from Frank Reich. They don't make excuses. If Leonard  is out it's  next man up and speed is a beast. If desir is out Rock, Collins  or tell will step up. They go out and compete  no matter who is out there and they still perform  well.

4 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Do circumstances mean anything to you? This was 2015. The players were learning a brand new offense and adjusting to life under a new head coach. That won't be the case, at least not entirely, this time around.

That and Hasselbeck  was a great backup  qb who didn't  make many mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

Actually  leonard and desir  being out is the least of my worries.  As I stated before  Leonard  has not been  playing as well so far this year and I love our depth at lb and cb. Anthony walker is actually  a bigger  piece to our d than leonard as he gets every  one lined up and he had a better season than cj mosely last year, but nobody mentioned him because of how Leonard played. Ej speed and okereke  are capable  of filling in for Leonard  and the colts still have jalen collins that they can call up if need be.  Rock, wilson, and moore are all capable  defenders if our pass rush gets home. That's  really my only concern.  If Ryan has all day to throw it wouldn't  matter  if we had Jalen ramsey, Richard  Sherman, and deon sanders in their prime because  we'd get smoked. The colts plan is run the ball to keep it away from Ryan and his weapons and get pressure  on Ryan to force mistakes. Colts have to do both well to win because they can't  win a shoot out  with Brissett.  Atleast they haven't  proven they can yet.

Eagles couldn't run the ball or get to Ryan last Sunday. Falcon OLine is only to get better as they play more games together [3 new starters]. Falcons quietly re-worked their Dline as well. Colts will be a real test, but I think the Falcons can win both LOS.

And Jalen Collins is your secret weapon?LOL, no.

Do appreciate the conversation with a opposing teams fan, would ask for paragraphs, makes it much easier to read.

Just now, falconidae said:

Eagles couldn't run the ball or get to Ryan last Sunday. Falcon OLine is only to get better as they play more games together [3 new starters]. Falcons quietly re-worked their Dline as well. Colts will be a real test, but I think the Falcons can win both LOS.

And Jalen Collins is your secret weapon?LOL, no.

Do appreciate the conversation with a opposing teams fan, would ask for paragraphs, makes it much easier to read.

Lol yea typing from phone. No pass rush is secret weapon. If that doesn't  get to Ryan Falcons  win big. Also not sold on eagles  running  game. They haven't  been great on ground since superbowl year.

Mack is similar  to dalvin cook in that he can take a run to the house with a good block. Dalvin is faster though. Also wilkins is to the colts what Blount was to the eagles. He is an underrated power back with great vison.

7 minutes ago, Rpgczar7 said:

Lol yea typing from phone. No pass rush is secret weapon. If that doesn't  get to Ryan Falcons  win big. Also not sold on eagles  running  game. They haven't  been great on ground since superbowl year.

Mack is similar  to dalvin cook in that he can take a run to the house with a good block. Dalvin is faster though. Also wilkins is to the colts what Blount was to the eagles. He is an underrated power back with great vison.

We'll see, think the falcon lines on both sides are going to surprise you.

Edit: what messageboard for the vikes do you recommend?

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The Falcons 2-14 record against Indy is irrelevant. So is Dan Quinn's record against the AFC. 

Sure irrelevant when I brought up similar stats about the Browns last season, or when we were supposed to run over the Chargers and Dolphins right? Our AFC horrors have been going on for quite some time now.

It’s week to week with this Falcons team. We can play good enough to beat a 15-1 team, but play bad enough to lose to a 1-15 team. You never know with this team. So. Only taking it one week at a time.