Falcons Fan MVP

Falcons at Colts predictions.

191 posts in this topic

Who do you expect to win the Falcons at Colts game? Final score? I'll take the Falcons 23-16 in a solid team effort. I would not be shocked if we lost. I think the Falcons are still a work in progress. We should win if we don't beat ourselves imo. But you know how that can go.

Hopefully this isn't one of those "trap" games. The Colts are a very solid team and shouldn't be taken lightly. With that being said, we have the better QB and better skill players. They have the edge in the trenches. This will be a hard fought game, my guess it comes down to the wire 21-20 ATL.

FL Falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, tywreezy33 said:

Hopefully this isn't one of those "trap" games. The Colts are a very solid team and shouldn't be taken lightly. With that being said, we have the better QB and better skill players. They have the edge in the trenches. This will be a hard fought game, my guess it comes down to the wire 21-20 ATL.

I hope after that Browns game last year we have no trap games.

tywreezy33, Drew4719 and hashmark61 like this

Well before I make my predictions. Let me say this. Dan Quinn is 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl). The Falcons are 2-14 all time in the series vs. the Colts. This upcoming game against the Colts in Indianapolis feels like a mirror image of the Browns. We were coming off high of a win (or a win streak). We felt so confident. We thought the Browns were bad because of how they were the previous years. This time we think the Colts are bad because Andrew Luck isn't there. However, I always took note of the stats. No matter how good or bad the Browns or Colts are, they historically own us.

Have we learned anything from the Falcons against AFC opponents, even the most mediocre ones, the last few seasons? This is going to be a very tough game for the Falcons to win. Our only 2 wins ever vs the Colts were in 1998, a 14-2 Super Bowl Falcons team vs a 3-13 Colts team in Peyton Manning's rookie season, which we only won at home 28-21, and then in 2011 we were 10-6 and the Colts were 2-14, a year removed from Peyton Manning but a year before Andrew Luck.

In 2015, the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck when they played us and we still lost at home. So we have to be very careful in this game. The Falcons showed a lot of resiliency in that game vs the Eagles, but we still have a lot of vulnerability on the offensive side of the ball. 

It's gonna be a much tougher matchup than most seem to think. The Colts have a good offense even without Luck. Brissett is and underrated QB. However our pass rush and coverage has been pretty good so far. As long as we can generate pressure I think we'll do a pretty good job of limiting their offense. However they'll probably try to mimic what the Vikings were able to do with their run game and play the passing game off that. If they're successful in moving the ball on the ground consistently it could be a tough shootout. 

On defense they look to be missing a few key players, but they pressure the QB at a high rate. They're in the top 3 in sacks registering 4 in both games they've played. This is an area of concern as to date, Koetter has favored long-developing pass plays despite our O-Line being lackluster at times. This could get Matt hit and/or cause a TO that can swing the game. If the O-Line can put on a performance like they did with Philly, then the offense should take off.  

quickzero and Borat like this

14 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Well before I make my predictions. Let me say this. Dan Quinn is 1-10 in his last 11 AFC games (including the Super Bowl). The Falcons are 2-14 all time in the series vs. the Colts. This upcoming game against the Colts in Indianapolis feels like a mirror image of the Browns. We were coming off high of a win (or a win streak). We felt so confident. We thought the Browns were bad because of how they were the previous years. This time we think the Colts are bad because Andrew Luck isn't there. However, I always took note of the stats. No matter how good or bad the Browns or Colts are, they historically own us.

Have we learned anything from the Falcons against AFC opponents, even the most mediocre ones, the last few seasons? This is going to be a very tough game for the Falcons to win. Our only 2 wins ever vs the Colts were in 1998, a 14-2 Super Bowl Falcons team vs a 3-13 Colts team in Peyton Manning's rookie season, which we only won at home 28-21, and then in 2011 we were 10-6 and the Colts were 2-14, a year removed from Peyton Manning but a year before Andrew Luck.

In 2015, the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck when they played us and we still lost at home. So we have to be very careful in this game. The Falcons showed a lot of resiliency in that game vs the Eagles, but we still have a lot of vulnerability on the offensive side of the ball. 

200w.webp?cid=790b761113b09f6c8881eece04

This matchup is tough to call! Do we get the physical, smack you in the mouth Falcons that played Sunday night or the hapless soft team that played up in Minnesota?

If we get the Sunday night Falcons We win going away Falcons 31 Colts 17

the Team that showed up in Minnesota however will lose this game Colts 27 Falcons 10

I believe the game vs the Eagles was a clear signal this team is ready to play hardball. No way Ryan has diarrhea of the brain again this week. Colts are out of Luck. lol. Falcons 34-20.

E. T. and quickzero like this

So far I'm two for two.. got the first two games right..  from where we made preseason perdition thread..  I took us winning this next game also..I need this to stay perfect like a   Nasterdomus Nut!  

7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

When and the last time we won with a blown out? 

Just cant recollect our team putting teams away when they are in position.

Hoping we win with a blown out !! :lol: