Falconsfan567

Great Quarterbacks

78 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

Agreed. I'd probably bump the number higher. Not necessarily the number of rings he's won with Brady, but certainly consistent contention with the occasional breakthrough SB ring. 

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

At least 3 Super Bowls with Brady as QB.... First one is the NFC Championship game in 12' in which Ryan could not deliver on the SF ten yard line with less than one minute remaining. 

Second one was the SB game in which Ryan could not extend the 4th quarter drive with making just one play to secure the win. Just one. Hard to believe that Brady could not have done that. 

Third was the playoff game in 18' against the Eagles in Philly. Once again, ball inside ten yard line and not even a threat of a touchdown. 4 feeble, feckless plays. Can't help but believe that Brady would not have converted that into a td. 

So yes, I believe the Falcons would've had at least 3 SB's with Brady as QB... Difference between great and elite.... 

This is an awful lot of speculation here, bruh. 

48 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

This is an awful lot of speculation here, bruh. 

Speculation? Dude how many Sb's has Brady been in? How many has he won? 

Not speculation... Reality! 

It's also reality that Ryan didn’t deliver on the biggest stage in professional sports. 

Matt Ryan's career is like wine.

Good grapes age well. We will look back on #2's career and realise how great he was.

Even if he doesn't get a ring, I'd still see him as a lock to make the HOF at this point. Because you know he is busting out another 4 quality seasons.

Cam's career will age badly and be found for tree fiddy in the discount section.

Geneaut likes this

It's also reality that Ryan didn’t deliver on the biggest stage in professional sports. 

lol 

ha!

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I would say, Brady on any other team is a nobody. It’s the system. Ryan may actually be better

Like I said KOG!! These guys don't get it. They don't remember the Patriots early years dynasty when Brady was Matt Ryan before Matt Ryan came along. "Just don't lose the game." That was the way the Patriots were built. You look at how many years it took them to finally went another Super Bowl after they put more of the load on Tom Brady. They didn't win their next Super Bowl after 2004 until 2014 and they only won that one because Pete Carroll made the stupidest decision in Super Bowl history.

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Posts like these always crack me up. Tom Brady was Matt Ryan before Matt Ryan came along. Those Super Bowls the Patriots won in 2001, 03, and 04 were only won because of the Patriots defense and running game and Adam Viniteria. Brady was the very definition of "don't lose the game." He wasn't out there taking control of games and putting the Patriots on his back. There were a number of QBs that could have managed those teams to SB wins.

Geneaut, Drew4719 and Knight of God like this

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. My earliest memories of liking football my favorite team was the 49ers. Atl was 2nd. My first favorite  player was Eric Dickerson. That was the first player I ever tried to emulate. Then Walter Payton, and Joe Morris. Then Barry Sanders. My fave corner of all time is Deion Sanders. I liked him from FSU. He just happened to become a falcon. That’s when the roles flipped and Atl became #1 for me. 

Joe Montana is my favorite QB of all-time with Dan Marino a close 2nd.

Dr Long Shot likes this

Just now, falcons007 said:

Wow that’s a fully loaded statement.

I don't think he's wrong. From a pure talent standpoint, Ryan is better. There's a reason Ryan was #3 pick in the draft and Brady wasn't picked until the end of the 6th round. Brady was a skinny noodle armed nobody coming out of Michigan. If his arm was stronger he would have gone higher up in the draft but arm strength was a major knock against him. Check out his scouting report coming out of Michigan and see if you haven't been forced to read and hear all the same things about Matt Ryan over the years.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't think he's wrong. From a pure talent standpoint, Ryan is better. There's a reason Ryan was #3 pick in the draft and Brady wasn't picked until the end of the 6th round. Brady was a skinny noodle armed nobody coming out of Michigan. If his arm was stronger he would have gone higher up in the draft but arm strength was a major knock against him. Check out his scouting report coming out of Michigan and see if you haven't been forced to read and hear all the same things about Matt Ryan over the years.

I didn’t say right or wrong. I can see the argument of system QB. With out Brady they went 3-1 in 2016 and 11-5 in 2008. But yeah it is something not many folks say.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

He's not exactly wrong. Nevertheless, to Brady's credit, he embraced the system he was placed in and ran with it, for all intents and purposes of the game, to perfection. So it's not just the system, which I don't know if that's what @Knight of God meant.

A tool is only as good as the person who uses it. It's like with Ryan and Kyle Shanahan. Some say Ryan's MVP season was more the product of Kyle Shanahan and his system, and some say things to the contrary. It's both. Kyle Shanahan had a system that he likes to run, which is effective, but we didn't know how good it actually was until Ryan ran it at a high level. Same goes with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. Alex Smith ran Reid's offense well. Mahomes just does it better.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:49 AM, Falcon fan 4 ever said:

Brady without Bellicheck is not the same Brady sorry he just isn't. Look how many scrub QB Bellicheck made rich on other teams only to falter.

And you know this how? Is BB reading the defense, adjusting plays at the line? Is BB making the right accurate throw to his receiver whether it's to his back shoulder or its put only where his wide out could get

QBing is about the mind more than the ability. There is no guarantee BB wins as many SBs with another QB whether its brees or m.ryan. 

At the end of the day they still have to execute the play.

Case in point despite the bad call in the nfc championship game. Brees and his offense didnt come up with enough points to be the rams..

SB51 the Pats were down 28-3...did Brady not come back? Was BB on the field QBing?

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

From a pure talent point of view Ryan is better?  Dude are you serious? You can't be as dumb as you sound.  Surely you realize that Ryan has been surrounded by some of the most offensive talent ever...  And has won nothing.

Brady wins with no matter who you put out there. HE makes everyone better.  Every year he has receivers and running backs who come and go.  Only to be replace by someone else.  And you know what?  Brady and that offense don't miss a beat.  The Pats would go undefeated if they had Julio, Freeman, Ridley, Gonzales, Roddy White, etc...  Ryan had those guys and lost.  Brady had Amendola, Edelman, Wes Walker, Troy Brown, etc…  AND WIN!

2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

From a pure talent point of view Ryan is better?  Dude are you serious? You can't be as dumb as you sound.  Surely you realize that Ryan has been surrounded by some of the most offensive talent ever...  And has won nothing.

Brady wins with no matter who you put out there. HE makes everyone better.  Every year he has receivers and running backs who come and go.  Only to be replace by someone else.  And you know what?  Brady and that offense don't miss a beat.  The Pats would go undefeated if they had Julio, Freeman, Ridley, Gonzales, Roddy White, etc...  Ryan had those guys and lost.  Brady had Amendola, Edelman, Wes Walker, Troy Brown, etc…  AND WIN!

How old are you? Honest question. Unless you are old enough to have knowledge of the 2001-2006 New England Patriots everything you've said here is completely meaningless.

Dr Long Shot, Geneaut and Drew4719 like this

On 18/9/2019 at 7:35 AM, Geneaut said:

Not now. He'd have to win a SB or a few MVPs. I'm just naming guys who even have a shot. Stafford is sort of like Matt before our 2016 playoff run and MVP except with even less playoff success.

It's really not his fault though, his team's management is garbage. I still think Matt is a better QB all things considered, but give Stafford the weapons and the gap would seem a lot closer than it does atm. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It's really not his fault though, his team's management is garbage. I still think Matt is a better QB all things considered, but give Stafford the weapons and the gap would seem a lot closer than it does atm. 

Stafford has a bigger arm with a much, much worse organization. It's sad to see them fail to put a competent team around him year in and year out, because he's better than what he's given credit for.

Geneaut likes this

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Stafford has a bigger arm with a much, much worse organization. It's sad to see them fail to put a competent team around him year in and year out, because he's better than what he's given credit for.

Bigger arm, not as accurate though. But I agree 100%, he is a very good QB, better than the Kirk Cousins, Dalton's and Flaccos of the league that's for sure. One of the few things the Lions didn't screw up on is extending him with a nice contract. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Geneaut said:

I'm not saying Stafford is even close ... he's literally almost the only other guy you can pick out of the rest who is even worth mentioning and even then he'd have to do something incredible in the next few seasons. It makes Matt and RW so obviously head and shoulders above everyone else it is ridiculous.

He's also the answer to all the people who say 'new rules QBs are gonna rack up stats'. I'm like ... OK ... name them? All the can name is Stafford at the moment. 

Here's my take. All the obvious guys are going to get in ( Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, and probably Eli ). Then there's going to be a gap with only RW and Matt to fill it for quite a few years. Depending on where you slot Rivers of course.

Wilson would deservedly win that battle. In that scenario, Ryan would very likely be competing with Rivers.

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yea, that's going a bit too far. I think Brady would have been a great QB anywhere, but a 6 time super bowl champ? Yea, only in NE. Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously kidding themselves. 

On 9/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Geneaut said:

I made the same argument in a post a few weeks ago. Everybody claims passing stats are easier these days so you can ignore Matt's. I said if so where are the guys younger than Matt who are on his pace. Crickets. Stafford and Wilson are it basically. Dalton fell off. Luck retired. Flacco has SB success, but his stats are bleak. Does anyone think Cam can hold it together long enough to close the gap? Carr or Cousins could go on a tear I guess.

Stafford? Really?

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

How many QBs have looked all pro in that system then leave and look barely average 

Bingo. They won 11 games with Matt Cassel starting for them.

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Bingo. They won 11 games with Matt Cassel starting for them.

This is why I say. Matt needs a run game and a dominant defense. Ask Brady how much this helps. Even the OL is average without that system Belichick has

Falconsfan567 likes this