Falconsfan567

Great Quarterbacks

78 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Except Stanford literally can’t beat good teams. 

I'm not saying Stafford is even close ... he's literally almost the only other guy you can pick out of the rest who is even worth mentioning and even then he'd have to do something incredible in the next few seasons. It makes Matt and RW so obviously head and shoulders above everyone else it is ridiculous.

 

He's also the answer to all the people who say 'new rules QBs are gonna rack up stats'. I'm like ... OK ... name them? All the can name is Stafford at the moment. 

 

Here's my take. All the obvious guys are going to get in ( Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, and probably Eli ). Then there's going to be a gap with only RW and Matt to fill it for quite a few years. Depending on where you slot Rivers of course.

Edited by Geneaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, No.11 said:

That guy is putting up Madden-on-easy-difficulty numbers on a weekly basis. You figure through just two seasons of starting, Mahomes will already be approaching 100 passing TDs AND 10,000 passing yards.

He’ll get 10,000 for sure, probably have to wait until next year for 100 TDs though. 50 TDs in a season in back to back years would be wild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'll buy it. Russell been my favorite QB since entering the league

Lol, what about the other guy mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Lol, what about the other guy mentioned?

He isn’t my favorite qb :shrug: been liking Wilson since he played in Wisconsin 

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He isn’t my favorite qb :shrug: been liking Wilson since he played in Wisconsin 

Lol, say no more. I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, E. T. said:

Lol, say no more. I understand.

Being a falcons fan doesn’t make the players favorites above everyone else by default. I know you guys approach things a lot different than I do though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Being a falcons fan doesn’t make the players favorites above everyone else by default. I know you guys approach things a lot different than I do though

Trust me, I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

 

Posts like these always crack me up. Tom Brady was Matt Ryan before Matt Ryan came along. Those Super Bowls the Patriots won in 2001, 03, and 04 were only won because of the Patriots defense and running game and Adam Viniteria. Brady was the very definition of "don't lose the game." He wasn't out there taking control of games and putting the Patriots on his back. There were a number of QBs that could have managed those teams to SB wins.

Peyton has plenty of rings in this what if

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No.11 said:

OK_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry that you don't realize that if this ends up being true 5-10 years from now it will indeed be a stat like any other stat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

Maybe we would have rings maybe not but then again the Falcons don't cheat and Tom Brady and the Patriots do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, slicksanders said:

Maybe we would have rings maybe not but then again the Falcons don't cheat and Tom Brady and the Patriots do.

I don’t think we would have any rings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Being a falcons fan doesn’t make the players favorites above everyone else by default. I know you guys approach things a lot different than I do though

I like players. I love the falcons but my favorite players isn’t comprised of all falcons. Julio is my fave wr. Gurley is my fave RB. But I also like Zeke, kamara, and Barkley. I’m a players guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, falcons007 said:

It’s way too early for that conversation. He has a great start.. 

While it is too early, I just don't see anything changing. He makes the game and playing QB look easy.

No Tyreek? Okay no problem. I will just torch you with 2 guys who had 1 catch for 0 yards the week prior. 10 catches, 233 yards, 3 TDs. Not to mention a 72 yard TD pass was called back to MeCole..Coulda been over 300 and 4 TDs between 2 depth WRs. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I like players. I love the falcons but my favorite players isn’t comprised of all falcons. Julio is my fave wr. Gurley is my fave RB. But I also like Zeke, kamara, and Barkley. I’m a players guy. 

Same here. I know a lot of people here are "you're Falcons through and through or you're not a fan". Nah. Wilson is my fav QB, Hop, Julio, AB my WR, Barkley hands down is my fav RB. Kelce is my fav TE. I can go on and on lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If anyone breaks the all time TD record, it’ll be Pat Mahommes. Dude could get over 500 TDs if he can play for 15+ years kinda easily tbh. 

 

Too bad that Mahomes will never win a SB as long as Andy Reid is his HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm sorry that you don't realize that if this ends up being true 5-10 years from now it will indeed be a stat like any other stat.

So we agree it's not a stat now, but just an opinion. Okay, good talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

I would say, Brady on any other team is a nobody. It’s the system. Ryan may actually be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

If you put 2016 Tom Brady on our 2012 & 2016 rosters, we win two titles.  And that’s not a knock on Ryan.  But Brady is the greatest competitor I’ve ever seen.  He would never have let the coaches run just 4 times in the last 4 drives of SB 51.  He would not have taken those bad sacks late in the game.  

Throwing shade on Brady is an exercise in futility.  What more does the man have to prove to the naysayers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

At least 3 Super Bowls with Brady as QB.... First one is the NFC Championship game in 12' in which Ryan could not deliver on the SF ten yard line with less than one minute remaining. 

Second one was the SB game in which Ryan could not extend the 4th quarter drive with making just one play to secure the win. Just one. Hard to believe that Brady could not have done that. 

Third was the playoff game in 18' against the Eagles in Philly. Once again, ball inside ten yard line and not even a threat of a touchdown. 4 feeble, feckless plays. Can't help but believe that Brady would not have converted that into a td. 

So yes, I believe the Falcons would've had at least 3 SB's with Brady as QB... Difference between great and elite.... 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2020 said:

If you put 2016 Tom Brady on our 2012 & 2016 rosters, we win two titles.  And that’s not a knock on Ryan.  But Brady is the greatest competitor I’ve ever seen.  He would never have let the coaches run just 4 times in the last 4 drives of SB 51.  He would not have taken those bad sacks late in the game.  

Throwing shade on Brady is an exercise in futility.  What more does the man have to prove to the naysayers.  

What-if-isms are also an exercise in futility. The point being made was that systems and structure are critical to success. Ryan may have won a couple Super Bowls if he was in New England with Belichick. Maybe not. Belichick has a system and a style of coaching that not everyone may be well suited to or respond to as well as Tom Brady has throughout his career. If reports are to be believed, Belichick still coaches Brady hard like every other player on his roster, and Brady still responds the same way by turning in solid performances week to week. Remember, Belichick was head coach in Cleveland prior to New England. Bernie Kosar wasn't a bad QB. But he never had the success with Kosar as he did with Brady. The same goes for Brady. Where would he be if Belichick never decided to take a flyer on him, actually bother developing him, and then retain him as his long-term starter after Bledsoe recovered? Bledsoe had just signed a 10-year contract. Twenty years later he's facing the same situation with Brady and Garropollo and Belichick does the opposite--instead of cutting ties with his aging veteran he decides to trade the young buck.

Brady and Belichick was/is a perfect storm of player and coach. The same can be said for Brees and Payton. What if the Dolphins decided to take the risk and sign Brees? Would Brees have been as successful, breaking one passing record after another, with another coach rather than Sean Payton? We are seeing the same unfold with Patrick Mahomes II and Andy Reid. Perfect storm of player and coach/system. You can't separate the player from the coach.

Being a great player and being, in essence, a product of a system are not mutually exclusive. Every player is a product of a system, for better or for worse. Stephen Curry is a great player, but he played his best ball when coached by Steve Kerr. Giannis Antetokoumpo is a uber talented player, but he's clearly playing his best ball now that he's being coached by Mike Budenholzer.

Ryan has succeeded in multiple systems, but clearly he has played his best football in a WCO/WCO-inspired system. Kyle Shanahan was instrumental in Ryan reaching his full potential. I think we can call that an objective truth. I think DQ and his generally aggressive brand of football has also played a part in Ryan's development, not just as a player within a system, but also as a competitor.

It's the same in life in general. You may get along with most people, but there are certain people, or a certain person, that you just mesh with the best. You may be able to produce good work doing things in several different ways, but there's a certain way, or method, that you can perform your absolute best in.

Dirtybird56 and Shelley#37 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slicksanders said:

Maybe we would have rings maybe not but then again the Falcons don't cheat and Tom Brady and the Patriots do.

Sign me up if all Ryan and DQ have to do is take a few PSI out the ball and fly a drone occasionally.  

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Same here. I know a lot of people here are "you're Falcons through and through or you're not a fan". Nah. Wilson is my fav QB, Hop, Julio, AB my WR, Barkley hands down is my fav RB. Kelce is my fav TE. I can go on and on lol

Exactly.  I used to catch a lot of flack about Warren Sapp. He was my fave DT and I used to tell dudes you can call him all the names you want and yada yada but tell me you wouldn’t love him if he was a falcon?? I wanted Sapp in Atl. Couldn’t stand when he whipped out @ss but I still liked him. From the U all the way to Tampa. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No.11 said:

What-if-isms are also an exercise in futility. The point being made was that systems and structure are critical to success. Ryan may have won a couple Super Bowls if he was in New England with Belichick. Maybe not. Belichick has a system and a style of coaching that not everyone may be well suited to or respond to as well as Tom Brady has throughout his career. If reports are to be believed, Belichick still coaches Brady hard like every other player on his roster, and Brady still responds the same way by turning in solid performances week to week. Remember, Belichick was head coach in Cleveland prior to New England. Bernie Kosar wasn't a bad QB. But he never had the success with Kosar as he did with Brady. The same goes for Brady. Where would he be if Belichick never decided to take a flyer on him, actually bother developing him, and then retain him as his long-term starter after Bledsoe recovered? Bledsoe had just signed a 10-year contract. Twenty years later he's facing the same situation with Brady and Garropollo and Belichick does the opposite--instead of cutting ties with his aging veteran he decides to trade the young buck.

Brady and Belichick was/is a perfect storm of player and coach. The same can be said for Brees and Payton. What if the Dolphins decided to take the risk and sign Brees? Would Brees have been as successful, breaking one passing record after another, with another coach rather than Sean Payton? We are seeing the same unfold with Patrick Mahomes II and Andy Reid. Perfect storm of player and coach/system. You can't separate the player from the coach.

Being a great player and being, in essence, a product of a system are not mutually exclusive. Every player is a product of a system, for better or for worse. Stephen Curry is a great player, but he played his best ball when coached by Steve Kerr. Giannis Antetokoumpo is a uber talented player, but he's clearly playing his best ball now that he's being coached by Mike Budenholzer.

Ryan has succeeded in multiple systems, but clearly he has played his best football in a WCO/WCO-inspired system. Kyle Shanahan was instrumental in Ryan reaching his full potential. I think we can call that an objective truth. I think DQ and his generally aggressive brand of football has also played a part in Ryan's development, not just as a player within a system, but also as a competitor.

It's the same in life in general. You may get along with most people, but there are certain people, or a certain person, that you just mesh with the best. You may be able to produce good work doing things in several different ways, but there's a certain way, or method, that you can perform your absolute best in.

Ryan would probably have  2-3 titles since 2008 if he played in NE.  

As I said, this isn’t a knock on Ryan.  Brady is the GOAT and it is not even close any longer.

Brees would likely still have a HOF career if he ended up elsewhere.  You could see his trajectory his last year in SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly.  I used to catch a lot of flack about Warren Sapp. He was my fave DT and I used to tell dudes you can call him all the names you want and yada yada but tell me you wouldn’t love him if he was a falcon?? I wanted Sapp in Atl. Couldn’t stand when he whipped out @ss but I still liked him. From the U all the way to Tampa. 

nah screw that. if that was the rule I wouldn't even watch football

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

nah screw that. if that was the rule I wouldn't even watch football

Exactly. My earliest memories of liking football my favorite team was the 49ers. Atl was 2nd. My first favorite  player was Eric Dickerson. That was the first player I ever tried to emulate. Then Walter Payton, and Joe Morris. Then Barry Sanders. My fave corner of all time is Deion Sanders. I liked him from FSU. He just happened to become a falcon. That’s when the roles flipped and Atl became #1 for me. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now