Falconsfan567

Great Quarterbacks

78 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's a mind blowing stat for all you folks that think great QB's just grow on trees and don't truly appreciate how blessed the Falcons have been to have Matt Ryan for 11 going on 12 years now.

I made the same argument in a post a few weeks ago. Everybody claims passing stats are easier these days so you can ignore Matt's. I said if so where are the guys younger than Matt who are on his pace. Crickets. Stafford and Wilson are it basically. Dalton fell off. Luck retired. Flacco has SB success, but his stats are bleak. Does anyone think Cam can hold it together long enough to close the gap? Carr or Cousins could go on a tear I guess.

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I made the same argument in a post a few weeks ago. Everybody claims passing stats are easier these days so you can ignore Matt's. I said if so where are the guys younger than Matt who are on his pace. Crickets. Stafford and Wilson are it basically. Dalton fell off. Luck retired. Flacco has SB success, but his stats are bleak. Does anyone think Cam can hold it together long enough to close the gap? Carr or Cousins could go on a tear I guess.

If Cam ever got in the HOF, the HOF doesn't mean anything.

ShadyRef, sdogg, Geneaut and 2 others like this

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Wilson is the only guy. Stanford isn’t making HOF.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Wilson is the only guy. Stanford isn’t making HOF.

Not now. He'd have to win a SB or a few MVPs. I'm just naming guys who even have a shot. Stafford is sort of like Matt before our 2016 playoff run and MVP except with even less playoff success.

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Not now. He'd have to win a SB or a few MVPs. I'm just naming guys who even have a shot. Stafford is sort of like Matt before our 2016 playoff run and MVP except with even less playoff success.

Stanford isn’t close to Matt even before 2016. He is inconsistent and not enough wins..

Stanford isn’t close to Matt even before 2016. He is inconsistent and not enough wins..

Mostly just passing stats. His YPG is insane. If he doesn't have a good post-season at some point he's probably out though. Like you said he's just not had enough success.

Just now, Geneaut said:

Mostly just passing stats. His YPG is insane. If he doesn't have a good post-season at some point he's probably out though. Like you said he's just not had enough success.

He has too many Interceptions and makes mistakes at crucial times.  Wilson is at another level. If Wilson can play long time, he will probably break all time TD record.

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If Cam ever got in the HOF, the HOF doesn't mean anything.

He'd have to go on a tear here and win a SB or another MVP. At this point he's just not there.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

He has too many Interceptions and makes mistakes at crucial times.  Wilson is at another level. If Wilson can play long time, he will probably break all time TD record.

RW is a stud. 

falcons007 likes this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

Brady without Bellicheck is not the same Brady sorry he just isn't. Look how many scrub QB Bellicheck made rich on other teams only to falter.

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I think we have the same amount of rings as we do now. Brady still gives up 23pts by himself in that SB. Brady also bites on the play fake and gives up that 3rd and 16 in 2008.

9 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

8 hours ago, Falcon fan 4 ever said:

Brady without Bellicheck is not the same Brady sorry he just isn't. Look how many scrub QB Bellicheck made rich on other teams only to falter.

Posts like these always crack me up. Tom Brady was Matt Ryan before Matt Ryan came along. Those Super Bowls the Patriots won in 2001, 03, and 04 were only won because of the Patriots defense and running game and Adam Viniteria. Brady was the very definition of "don't lose the game." He wasn't out there taking control of games and putting the Patriots on his back. There were a number of QBs that could have managed those teams to SB wins.

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's a mind blowing stat for all you folks that think great QB's just grow on trees and don't truly appreciate how blessed the Falcons have been to have Matt Ryan for 11 going on 12 years now.

That's not a stat though. That's just some guy's opinion, which I don't disagree with.

8 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Except Stanford literally can’t beat good teams. 

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

If anyone breaks the all time TD record, it’ll be Pat Mahommes. Dude could get over 500 TDs if he can play for 15+ years kinda easily tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If anyone breaks the all time TD record, it’ll be Pat Mahommes. Dude could get over 500 TDs if he can play for 15+ years kinda easily tbh. 

That guy is putting up Madden-on-easy-difficulty numbers on a weekly basis. You figure through just two seasons of starting, Mahomes will already be approaching 100 passing TDs AND 10,000 passing yards.

Atlantafan21 likes this