Jump to content

Great Quarterbacks


Falconsfan567
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's a mind blowing stat for all you folks that think great QB's just grow on trees and don't truly appreciate how blessed the Falcons have been to have Matt Ryan for 11 going on 12 years now.

 

I made the same argument in a post a few weeks ago. Everybody claims passing stats are easier these days so you can ignore Matt's. I said if so where are the guys younger than Matt who are on his pace. Crickets. Stafford and Wilson are it basically. Dalton fell off. Luck retired. Flacco has SB success, but his stats are bleak. Does anyone think Cam can hold it together long enough to close the gap? Carr or Cousins could go on a tear I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I made the same argument in a post a few weeks ago. Everybody claims passing stats are easier these days so you can ignore Matt's. I said if so where are the guys younger than Matt who are on his pace. Crickets. Stafford and Wilson are it basically. Dalton fell off. Luck retired. Flacco has SB success, but his stats are bleak. Does anyone think Cam can hold it together long enough to close the gap? Carr or Cousins could go on a tear I guess.

Wilson is the only guy. Stanford isn’t making HOF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Not now. He'd have to win a SB or a few MVPs. I'm just naming guys who even have a shot. Stafford is sort of like Matt before our 2016 playoff run and MVP except with even less playoff success.

Stanford isn’t close to Matt even before 2016. He is inconsistent and not enough wins..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, falcons007 said:

Stanford isn’t close to Matt even before 2016. He is inconsistent and not enough wins..

Mostly just passing stats. His YPG is insane. If he doesn't have a good post-season at some point he's probably out though. Like you said he's just not had enough success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Geneaut said:

Mostly just passing stats. His YPG is insane. If he doesn't have a good post-season at some point he's probably out though. Like you said he's just not had enough success.

He has too many Interceptions and makes mistakes at crucial times.  Wilson is at another level. If Wilson can play long time, he will probably break all time TD record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

Brady without Bellicheck is not the same Brady sorry he just isn't. Look how many scrub QB Bellicheck made rich on other teams only to falter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

I think we have the same amount of rings as we do now. Brady still gives up 23pts by himself in that SB. Brady also bites on the play fake and gives up that 3rd and 16 in 2008.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Put Brady on the Falcons all those years and how many rings do we win?

There’s so many stupid talking head points about which QB is better than which QB. 

I bet BB could win multiple rings with 5-7 of the top QBs in any given year 

 

8 hours ago, Falcon fan 4 ever said:

Brady without Bellicheck is not the same Brady sorry he just isn't. Look how many scrub QB Bellicheck made rich on other teams only to falter.

Posts like these always crack me up. Tom Brady was Matt Ryan before Matt Ryan came along. Those Super Bowls the Patriots won in 2001, 03, and 04 were only won because of the Patriots defense and running game and Adam Viniteria. Brady was the very definition of "don't lose the game." He wasn't out there taking control of games and putting the Patriots on his back. There were a number of QBs that could have managed those teams to SB wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Here's a mind blowing stat for all you folks that think great QB's just grow on trees and don't truly appreciate how blessed the Falcons have been to have Matt Ryan for 11 going on 12 years now.

 

That's not a stat though. That's just some guy's opinion, which I don't disagree with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

He has too many Interceptions and makes mistakes at crucial times.  Wilson is at another level. If Wilson can play long time, he will probably break all time TD record.

If anyone breaks the all time TD record, it’ll be Pat Mahommes. Dude could get over 500 TDs if he can play for 15+ years kinda easily tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If anyone breaks the all time TD record, it’ll be Pat Mahommes. Dude could get over 500 TDs if he can play for 15+ years kinda easily tbh. 

That guy is putting up Madden-on-easy-difficulty numbers on a weekly basis. You figure through just two seasons of starting, Mahomes will already be approaching 100 passing TDs AND 10,000 passing yards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Except Stanford literally can’t beat good teams. 

I'm not saying Stafford is even close ... he's literally almost the only other guy you can pick out of the rest who is even worth mentioning and even then he'd have to do something incredible in the next few seasons. It makes Matt and RW so obviously head and shoulders above everyone else it is ridiculous.

 

He's also the answer to all the people who say 'new rules QBs are gonna rack up stats'. I'm like ... OK ... name them? All the can name is Stafford at the moment. 

 

Here's my take. All the obvious guys are going to get in ( Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, and probably Eli ). Then there's going to be a gap with only RW and Matt to fill it for quite a few years. Depending on where you slot Rivers of course.

Edited by Geneaut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, No.11 said:

That guy is putting up Madden-on-easy-difficulty numbers on a weekly basis. You figure through just two seasons of starting, Mahomes will already be approaching 100 passing TDs AND 10,000 passing yards.

He’ll get 10,000 for sure, probably have to wait until next year for 100 TDs though. 50 TDs in a season in back to back years would be wild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...