jdawg4876

nice breakdown by simms

71 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He pointed out the New England rule for Matty Ice. In the endzone, he said throw it high in the back and low in the front. I like that rule.

Simms said Free is over, he's done. And he's right. 

I hate to admit it but he just doesn't look it anymore

WhenFalconsWin likes this

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He pointed out the New England rule for Matty Ice. In the endzone, he said throw it high in the back and low in the front. I like that rule.

Im on the fence....partly because I really like him.....

Sunday...which is game 3 will determine which side I fall over to.

rings639 and WhenFalconsWin like this

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Indy’s D has done a fairly poor job against the run to start the year. If Free and the run blocking can’t get it done this Sunday, chances are slim it’ll get much better throughout the season. 

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

I'm a big fan of Free's as well, but this is going on 3 years (I know injuries) but dud is just not productive any longer. This is not a I feel sorry for you league if you want to win. Okay, I'll wait another game or two, but man, watching him is painful these days. 

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm a big fan of Free's as well, but this is going on 3 years (I know injuries) but dud is just not productive any longer. This is not a I feel sorry for you league if you want to win. Okay, I'll wait another game or two, but man, watching him is painful these days. 

I kind of cringed watching him Sunday...even though he had a couple of good plays....but I just dont know....yeah 2 more games and we will know

I like what Im seeing in Ito....

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I kind of cringed watching him Sunday...even though he had a couple of good plays....but I just dont know....yeah 2 more games and we will know

I like what Im seeing in Ito....

Yep, Ito isn't hesitating like Free to the hole. When Free was quicker and had that quick jump step he got away with that, but now he can't. I see holes developing on the play and Free is hitting them too late. Ito is not, hence the longer runs. 

I think in the near future Ito will be our lead back. and I want to start seeing some Ollison back there as well.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, Ito isn't hesitating like Free to the hole. When Free was quicker and had that quick jump step he got away with that, but now he can't. I see holes developing on the play and Free is hitting them too late. Ito is not, hence the longer runs. 

I think in the near future Ito will be our lead back. and I want to start seeing some Ollison back there as well.

Im seeing the same thing....Ito at some point will be the lead back...

Ollison needs to be on the game day roster....he adds an element we definitely need...

**** Free!!!!......Why Free!!!!! WHY!!!!

Is it me or does Freeman get in a defenders face every other play after tackle? Just didn't see that as much in past..

I find it hard to believe that the coaching staff thinks he is done however, or he would not be out there, contract or not. Especially with our depth? The youngsters Hill and Ollison have to be foaming at the mouth and popping pads in practice, yet they are inactive.

Has there been more than 1 stretch play with FB lead for Freeman? Or anybody for that that matter? Hope that can be worked into Free plays before we roast him. The shovel up the middle classic Sunday BTW

rounz, Geneaut, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

31 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Where was this filmed? In a local rec center?

I totally agree. He also emphasized driving the ball not throwing it up there like a lob which annoys me about that part of his game. Dirk needs to help grow Ryan's confidence in taking those shots with his receivers in the end zones for those jump balls and back shoulder throws. 

WhenFalconsWin likes this

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Im seeing the same thing....Ito at some point will be the lead back...

Ollison needs to be on the game day roster....he adds an element we definitely need...

**** Free!!!!......Why Free!!!!! WHY!!!!

Ollison may be that player we need toward the end of the season and in playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Meh. They loaded the box on him. They didn’t want us to get the run game going to be able to use play action. He literally ran passed the eagles defense on a dump off down to the 10. His issue right now to me is he doesn’t have his shiftiness right yet. 

1 minute ago, nomak said:

Ollison may be that player we need toward the end of the season and in playoffs. 

Run the tread off of Freeman? Ito 1 Olli 2? Hill on burner or is he number 2? Pass protection would improve from either BTW

Its inevitable  for one of these scenarios, Free is almost a minor sprained ankle from.. well  not at all effective.

nomak likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Meh. They loaded the box on him. They didn’t want us to get the run game going to be able to use play action. He literally ran passed the eagles defense on a dump off down to the 10. His issue right now to me is he doesn’t have his shiftiness right yet. 

Yeah, his burst is still there. You can see it in the open field. The issue is that the shiftiness that made him so great is missing. Granted, he really hasn’t had much of a chance in week 1 and 2. Not ready to give up on him yet. If we are at game 6 and he is still struggling, you look to adjust.

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yeah, his burst is still there. You can see it in the open field. The issue is that the shiftiness that made him so great is missing. Granted, he really hasn’t had much of a chance in week 1 and 2. Not ready to give up on him yet. If we are at game 6 and he is still struggling, you look to adjust.

GrimeyKidd and Drew4719 like this

9 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Exactly. 2 games against good run defenses is not enough for me to say free is done. 

Like folks have said, this ain’t no charity show in the nfl.

We’ve waited the better part of 2 years for Free to turn it around.  We’ve all eagerly waited for our stud RB to come back in all his glory since signing the big contract.

Two games in, seeing he & Ito against the same fronts, Ito looks better, all things considered.

I am by no means ready to drop Free, but the onus is squarely on his shoulders at this juncture.  If he continues to look sluggish against the colts, then Ito has done more than enough to earn those reps.  

I truly believe we’re better off having two equally lethal backs in order to excel this season.  I’ll be pulling for a good showing by DF.  

Some are saying Freeman lost a step. I wonder if they were in the restroom when he grabbed that shovel pass and shot like a rocket for 28 yards or something like that.

Now, if he has lost a step, we wil, find  It over next few games, but he gets the benefit of the doubt from me after all the blood sweat and tears he’s invested in this franchise. 

27 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Like folks have said, this ain’t no charity show in the nfl.

We’ve waited the better part of 2 years for Free to turn it around.  We’ve all eagerly waited for our stud RB to come back in all his glory since signing the big contract.

Two games in, seeing he & Ito against the same fronts, Ito looks better, all things considered.

I am by no means ready to drop Free, but the onus is squarely on his shoulders at this juncture.  If he continues to look sluggish against the colts, then Ito has done more than enough to earn those reps.  

I truly believe we’re better off having two equally lethal backs in order to excel this season.  I’ll be pulling for a good showing by DF.  

I said to @Vandy before the first game - Freeman has to play like 2016 SuperBowl Run Freeman to get his 2020 salary and not be cut.  He disagreed.

I am not ready to throw dirt on Free just yet - but something is missing and if he doesn’t find it soon this will be his last season as a Falcon - we already know the Falcons need to shed salary and AB ain’t running a charity in Flowery Branch.

HASHBROWN3 likes this