kelvin31063

Ramsey

43 posts in this topic

Ramsey would make this defense Elite... we have the current tools to make that deal. Don't flame me but I'd give up Freeman and Vic Ramsey, or Justs Freeman and a First, we'd still be able to sign Ramsey long term also. I know Quinn would keep him in line and coach him up even more... imagine Ramsey guarding Julio in practice. That is our only answer to the Patriots honestly. This goes against our signature front office moves obviously. Just entertaining...

I’d like it . People say he’s in a down swing but that’s usually how it is when the team is down as a whole . Truuu was in a slump for 3 years so I definitely can give Ram a pass for 1. 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz
Jerz #Quinning likes this

Ramsey is almost everything you want in a CB, but he's also almost everything you don't want in a CB.

I know his cap hit is very low for this year but it's much higher next year. And then who do we bench? Our second round pick that just had a game saving tackle and seems to be coming along nicely? Or do we bench our veteran CB that is looking better than he has in years and just came off of a game with two INTs?

Don't get me wrong, he's better than Trufant and Oliver, but this move just doesn't make sense for us and it would be a very uncharacteristic move for this front office.

Edited by ATLskinjob
NewtonLaws and rings639 like this

33 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I’d like it . People say he’s in a down swing but that’s usually how it is when the team is down as a whole . Truuu was in a slump for 3 years so I definitely can give Ram a pass for 1. 

I mean, I would like it.  Would also love AD & Von Miller.  Just can’t afford it

rings639, PokerSteve and gazoo like this

Being only 70 miles from jax and privy to all local news, I can tell you that Coughlin will require a king's ransom for Ramsey. Or the young man can get his act together. Coughlin will let him sit at home without a check.

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

2 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Being only 70 miles from jax and privy to all local news, I can tell you that Coughlin will require a king's ransom for Ramsey. Or the young man can get his act together. Coughlin will let him sit at home without a check.

Coughlin old school like that

5 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

Still on his rookie deal isn’t he?”

Don't know, but he is going to get paid like 20 million a year after that deal. (Assuming)

36 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Ya know, I'm really new on this board. I actually only started one post. But, before I start a post, I read it to myself before hitting submit.

Okay, you can stay a while longer after this post, but remember young man and or woman, you are still on double secret probation. 

OP, I'm sure the Jags want to take on Free's and Vic's salary and Vic is ballin'...just sayin'. 

4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

He'd be a nice piece to have, but also I think we can do good without him too.

Yeah, I would like him too, but not at such a cost as the Jags are undoubtedly trying to acquire.

even if we could pay him on his rookie deal this year hes at best a one year rental. The guy will want to get paid and we don't have a dime