Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Cam not at practice today

27 posts in this topic

I'm going to take a little flack but I kind of enjoy Cam. Not to the point I pull for the Panties, but he's interesting as all get out. I think I'm going to miss him when he retires. He's like a little Carolina Blue Circus, and I just want to eat popcorn and watch his press conferences.

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

I'm going to take a little flack but I kind of enjoy Cam. Not to the point I pull for the Panties, but he's interesting as all get out. I think I'm going to miss him when he retires. He's like a little Carolina Blue Circus, and I just want to eat popcorn and watch his press conferences.

he used to have a lot of fun playing the game. It doesn't look like it's fun to him anymore.

KRUNKuno, Geneaut, Spliff and 4 others like this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

I agree, he’s one of the best clown shows in recent memory.  His woman’s fashions alone are worth waiting for.

Not quite as bad as Rodman but one mixed up joker just the same.

gazoo, Tim Mazetti, Geneaut and 1 other like this

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

he used to have a lot of fun playing the game. It doesn't look like it's fun to him anymore.

Some of us said from his first couple seasons, that if they kept treating him like a RB and he kept taking all those beatings, his body wasn't going to last

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Some of us said from his first couple seasons, that if they kept treating him like a RB and he kept taking all those beatings, his body wasn't going to last

We are seeing this in more and more QB's. I don't think Wentz or Watson will make it another 5 years with their styles of play. I don't think Mayfield will last his full 5 year rookie contract. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We are seeing this in more and more QB's. I don't think Wentz or Watson will make it another 5 years with their styles of play. I don't think Mayfield will last his full 5 year rookie contract. 

Watson is getting killed out there and he lacks the build of Newton.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Watson is getting killed out there and he lacks the build of Newton.

Makes what Vick did with a career so special in a way. I know he had that season with us getting hurt, but for such a small guy he really avoided the injury bug better than I was expecting over his career.

Jesus likes this

Just now, Geneaut said:

Makes what Vick did with a career so special in a way. I know he had that season with us getting hurt, but for such a small guy he really avoided the injury bug better than I was expecting over his career.

He was good at avoiding contact. Especially after the broken leg. Watson. Got sacked 62 times last year. 

Geneaut likes this

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

All of these "trendy" QBs come and go, but the pocket passer is eternal. Learn to be a pocket passer, or get ready for early retirement. 

7 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

It was hard enough getting a finger on Vick let alone lighting him up. One of the most elusive runners in NFL history, second only to Barry Sanders IMO.

Geneaut likes this

Watched the local high school game last Saturday night. The little fella playing QB takes a licking every week, but he keeps playing hard. First half he breaks a finger on his non-throwing hand. It gets taped up and he's sent back out a drive later. BTW he is the holder on kicks and he's still out there doing that job with a broken finger. He punts also. What a machine.

Second half he's hit so hard he cuts his forehead so bad he came to school with stitches on Monday.

Just to get to the point I'm trying to make - I wonder how many injuries like our high school QB had this weekend that guys like Cam have taken over the years we don't even know about. When they get to be Cam's age I'm sure the list is adding up. I have mad respect for these guys. I hurt myself standing up from a low chair these days.

Edited by Geneaut

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

It was hard enough getting a finger on Vick let alone lighting him up. One of the most elusive runners in NFL history, second only to Barry Sanders IMO.

True. Not many guys ever got to square up on him.

And a big difference in Vick and Cam's style. Vick ran by you or around you ... Cam tries to run over you.

Edited by Geneaut

31 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Deion Jones heard you loud and clear! Lol

Geneaut likes this

29 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Meanwhile, fans of the league continues to sleep on Matt Ryan as not even elite.

Maybe Dak, Wilson, and Mahomes are elusive enough to last but you can’t take shots and play like a superhero all of the time. Heck, even seeing Ryan be a little more aggressive running it has us on edge at times.

Definitely hard for some of these guys bodies to last. Luck was a big dude too.

Geneaut likes this

35 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

The Panthers might mess around and end up in position to draft Tua.  I don't want Tua, Lawrence or Fromm anywhere near the nfc south.

I truly hate Cam, but I love our rivalry. He makes our division more fun and competitive. He's a truly dynamic and compressive playmaker. I love the full on hatred between our teams.

I hope he can bounce back and at least get his arm back if not his aggressive running style. I'm worried that Rivera isn't going to let him fully healthy though and it's going to cut his career short.

Geneaut likes this